Upgrade the quarterback position and all our problems with the offensive line are solved

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Nope.

First and foremost Upgrade the HC, and then we'll see about all of our problems in the offensive line being solved.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It's not going to solve all our problems but there isn't an upgrade on the field that would help this team more than replacing Prescott with a real QB.
and who would they get ?? and how well would they do here??
even if we had your boy wentz it would be the same thing. It is the coaching and the jones boys.

mmohican29

Reaction score
If Dak sucks then tell me how he completed 78% of his passes, had 25 TD's 4 int's and a passer rtg of 105 in 2016? Tell me how a ****** QB does that.

A QB that is second guessing himself every snap may see that kind of regression.

He has lost confidence in his own ability to throw the football. He has a LOT on the line and he knows it.

His personnel is no longer an excuse because he likely tired of Dez and the wake of discord he creates and had a hand in his departure even unwillingly.

It's on him now and his line, coaching, fo are uniformly failing him as well. In addition he doesn't seem to have practiced game elements he isn't comfortable with. Deep or chunk passing plays. Outs. Seam routes.

These have disappeared in favor of check downs, screens, and dig routes.

The coach must demand explanation or dig deeper into the playbook for a solution to counter what Dak is seeing weekly: a crowded box, ramped pressure, or sticks coverage.

For instance Seattle with one snap took the intense pressure off of Wilson with a simple RB flare rout. One play.

Our guys have no answers to assist Dak. None. Dak is playing horribly, but he's getting ZERO coaching.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The offensive line isn't exactly amazing right now, but that's partially due to the fact that defenses are sending 8 or 9 rushers each time. No line can survive that. Dak has install fear in defensive coordinators every time they blitz him. If he's not the guy, we have to draft one.

-Martin is not the problem

-Collins is not the problem

-Tyron Smith is not the problem

-The rookie at guard is not the problem.

These guys didn't suddenly wake up one day and forgot to play their position. Their job is just harder with Prescott as the trigger man.
The offensive line isn't exactly amazing right now, but that's partially due to the fact that defenses are sending 8 or 9 rushers each time. No line can survive that. Dak has install fear in defensive coordinators every time they blitz him. If he's not the guy, we have to draft one.

-Martin is not the problem

-Collins is not the problem

-Tyron Smith is not the problem

-The rookie at guard is not the problem.

These guys didn't suddenly wake up one day and forgot to play their position. Their job is just harder with Prescott as the trigger man.

How about we start benching posters for breaking the rules?

Crypto

Reaction score
I will give that Dak has not looked good. But I am with him 100%. Only other options were worse. And he is still the same guy who got the snot beat out of him and stood in the pocket all game long since mighty midgets. We had a terrible preseason, it was all scouting...no prep. Can't say we win this week, but Dak is morning DEW for monster game. Even at our best, we could still lose, same for all teams. Let's go Boys!!

Haimerej

Reaction score
But to say he has no pocket awareness...lol. NO ONE was saying that until the last couple games. Smh. No one said that last year. And NO ONE definitely said that his rookie season.

I was saying it. He took literally 1 seven step drop his rookie year from under center. The guy has been severely limited since the get go. The rest of the NFL has him figured out now and this is what we get.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Easier to upgrade Linehan than Dak. We could upgrade Linehan tomorrow. I'd rather have Garrett. Or Moore.

T-RO

Reaction score
No...

Romo would check-down on a called-play in a critical situation, throw a pick-6...

...and then the Romoholics would BLAME the O-line.

Romo is 16th ALL TIME IN NFL HISTORY in 4th quarter come-backs. He had 24 of them. But believe as you wish. The facts won't get in your way.

USA Today:
Proof Romo was Clutch
https://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/04/tony-romo-clutch-4th-quarter-comebacks-game-winning-drives-stats

From article this:
"From 2007-2016, no quarterback had a higher passer rating in the 4th quarter."​

FineFan

Reaction score
A new QB might help somewhat, if one was actually available and ready to play ,right this second, which I seriously doubt by the way.. Still the O-line is playin' lousy., and Dak will be here next season also!

Dorsett33

Reaction score
I was saying it. He took literally 1 seven step drop his rookie year from under center. The guy has been severely limited since the get go. The rest of the NFL has him figured out now and this is what we get.
That doesn't sound like they have him figured out....they have Linehan and the system figured out. Just because he only took 1 seven step drop (know how you know that unless you watched EVERY single offensive play) does not relate to no pocket presence,

Haimerej

Reaction score
That doesn't sound like they have him figured out....they have Linehan and the system figured out. Just because he only took 1 seven step drop (know how you know that unless you watched EVERY single offensive play) does not relate to no pocket presence,

It relates to him being limited as a QB. And yes, I watched every single offensive play.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Sorry. We may need a new QB but this OL is mediocre at best. So what we get another Romo with a bad Ol? Everyone saw how that worked out. More 8-8 finishes and a QB that gets injury proned.

lockster

Reaction score
Seems to me Moore has done a great job with Dak. Dak plays just like Moore now. :)

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
naw moore wasn't scared to throw the ball. It might have been with a big arch but he would throw it.