USFL football

Big D

Reaction score
It was cool. The safety shalom luani or whatever was balling.

Hayseed

Reaction score
Im old enuff the remember the original USFL. By no means was that junk football. In fact they were taking a lot of NFL talent away. Jim Kelly, Bobby Hebert, Steve Young, Nate Newton,.Reggie White, Gary Zimmerman, Stan White, Hershel Walker, Doug Flutie....Just to name a few. That was big time ball,...almost on par with the NFL. In fact,..I have a relative who won a Championship with the Michigan Panthers back then. Was drafted into the NFL but took the bigger money the USFL was paying at that time.

Hardline

Reaction score
I can't wait to see Jim Kelly lead the Houston Gamblers to a USFL championship, Oh wait....

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
I enjoyed watching the game. They have invested a lot of into interviews and getting to know the players and coaches. It would be fun for me if this league made it. Just another sports option. I am not sure how many games I will watch this season though. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I think the problem is everyone puts so much money into making it a huge event year 1 and it doesn’t return the same investment and it flops. They should start smaller, build a reputation in the individual cities and then go big once it’s a known brand. I had no idea USFL started today, and most casual people don’t even know what it is.

They're playing the entire first season in a hub, reducing costs as much as possible. They've got TV contracts with multiple networks. How much smaller do you want?

It was the #1 trend on social media tonight. Apparently, some people knew about it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why would they be on two major networks?? What kind of a stunt is this??

I know they both are broadcasting games, so maybe only because it was opening night, they both had it. and each will have different games after this.

stiletto

Reaction score
Waste of time and money. Football needs a minor league system like MLB, just on a smaller scale. Local towns can go watch some games and see guys develop and move up. Put minor league Football teams in rich "but too small" for National team enclaves like Loudoun County and let it go. Airports make it smaller.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
If they’re playing spring football they’ll be doing more than practicing. In minor league baseball they play games. You’re suggesting a minor league football in the spring.

The main "Spring"/summer football I enjoy is Canadian Football

DandyDon52

Reaction score
AAF went under because they didn't have legit funding from the get go. The TV Networks are behind this and supposedly have committed 150m for 3 years so it has a much more stable base. XFL went bust the second go around because of the pandemic.
yeah being on tv is a key, I will try to find out what the ratings on this game was.
if low it doesnt bode well, but if decent, then tv networks will like it , as their reg shows all have low ratings now.

I watched the whole game tonight, it was ok, some things I didnt like, some I did.
the football was ok.

keep in mind these teams are all new, they are all rookies on a new team with only 3 weeks to get ready for 1st game ever as a team.
I thought it was pretty good considering that,.

I did not like the drone cameras, or the helmet cam lol.

And that cream tan color for the stallions was awful. Other than that it was fairly good.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am thinking the 1st quarter or so for me. But you never know, may last longer. Just wish Dallas had a team as there are no teams to affiliate with, need to see some of the players as that may help. Not that I will be watching all the games, so probably does not matter.
:laugh:

There's an obvious reason I like the Birmingham Stallions lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Canadian Football is quite fun to watch. Different rules than the NFL, which makes it fun.

As much as I love football I have my fill of it after the NFL season. I need the offseason to recharge. I don’t watch college football mainly because I don’t want to be stuck at home all weekend and the Cowboys are the only team I’m passionate about. I have a friend who never leaves the house on the weekend during the football season because he’s watching college football on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday. The only time I watch college football is the national championship game. As for the CFL I’ve never watched it. I like watching the best players on the planet and they all play in the NFL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
As much as I love football I have my fill of it after the NFL season. I need the offseason to recharge. I don’t watch college football mainly because I don’t want to be stuck at home all weekend and the Cowboys are the only team I’m passionate about. I have a friend who never leaves the house on the weekend during the football season because he’s watching college football on Saturday and the NFL on Sunday. The only time I watch college football is the national championship game. As for the CFL I’ve never watched it. I like watching the best players on the planet and they all play in the NFL.

The CFL is sort of my appetizer for the season.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
yeah being on tv is a key, I will try to find out what the ratings on this game was.
if low it doesnt bode well, but if decent, then tv networks will like it , as their reg shows all have low ratings now.

I watched the whole game tonight, it was ok, some things I didnt like, some I did.
the football was ok.

keep in mind these teams are all new, they are all rookies on a new team with only 3 weeks to get ready for 1st game ever as a team.
I thought it was pretty good considering that,.

I did not like the drone cameras, or the helmet cam lol.

And that cream tan color for the stallions was awful. Other than that it was fairly good.
I'd like to know how many Ex NFL players they have.