Using the Offensive Line as an excuse is so weak

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The offensive line was terrible, Steele had 3 penalties on ONE drive.

After the first drive, it was either penalties or pressure, the times they didn't get pressure Dak was awful. He was unsure where to go with the ball and inaccurate when he did let it go.

The lack of speed at WR is a big issue as well.

They held better than most thought they would...Tyler played a good game to be honest, the gameplan was horrid. Still waiting to see boy genius help this team in any way.

bigE79

Reaction score
If the line is it's not as strong then the QB must adjust his game. Throw the ball quicker, buy time, or be more mobile. Go to the coach and suggest shotgun formation. Its about using your brain and your physical abilities. And if you are unable to run and buy time then you should not be the QB. So stop all this nonsense about........."ITS THE OFFENSIVE LINE". It don't matter because the QB still gets a check to perform and make adjustments. Dak is a crappy QB and lack the skills to be an elite QB
Look at what Brady was playing with,3 rookies on the line,an older JJ, nobody's at TE and yet still beat out ***.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Look at what Brady was playing with,3 rookies on the line,an older JJ, nobody's at TE and yet still be out ***.

Well no doubt Brady knows how to win, he also does not have an idiot calling plays..the minute TB's OC found a weakness on the Dline he exploited it...he didnt try and run a triple reverse with a suspect oline...we have an idiot at OC.

bigE79

Reaction score
Well no doubt Brady knows how to win, he also does not have an idiot calling plays..the minute TB's OC found a weakness on the Dline he exploited it...he didnt try and run a triple reverse with a suspect oline...we have an idiot at OC.
The did run those wr sweeps with JJ at least twice,both worked,we tried it once and lost yds...but I get your point.

nathanlt

Reaction score
The Oline excuse is as weak as...

As weak as....

I really can't think of an adequate description to insert here. Maybe later.

As weak as Dak's thumb is now.... due to weak play from the O-line. I knew I'd be able to make the connection! Seriously, Jason Peters was sitting on the sideline, unable to participate... and now, 6-8 weeks of consequences.... minimum and hopefully not permanently.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
There is no denying that the OL crumbled with the injuries to T. Smith and then C. McGovern in addition to the lack of addressing the starters/depth properly by the front office. The OL clearly impacts the play of the running and passing games so while I do not think it is a weak argument there was something else I was noticing in rewatching some of the game highlights.

In watching Dak drop back during passing plays, am I the only one that thinks Dak seriously lacks a fluidity to his movement and appears very rigid in his drop back movements? In addition, instead of making a solid plant of his back foot (the same one that saw him break his ankle in 2020 and also suffer a calf injury in 2021) before pivoting his weight forward in his throw, there seems to be a major reservation on putting his weight on that back foot so he is not getting a good, strong release to his throws.

While Tom Brady is of course the GOAT, watching him throw compared to Dak is vastly different and for years people questioned Brady's arm strength yet he was easily throwing with more strength and distance than Dak last night.

The injury to Dak's hand last night is unfortunate in many ways but mostly because I would have wanted to see if those mechanics remain the same or improve.

Bottom line: Dak has either not fully physically recovered from that ankle and calf injuries or mentally he can't move on from those injuries. Either way, something is simply just not right.
Damaged goods...but the salesman will tell you otherwise...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The did run those wr sweeps with JJ at least twice,both worked,we tried it once and lost yds...but I get your point.

They did but it was in front of the QB at the LOS, we ran 12 yards back to flip it twice....huge diference when your asking a suspect oline to hold blocks.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Oline was not bad last night. They did their job. So did Zeke. KM, Dak, and WRs are to blame for last nights abysmal play. Ownership as well for expecting us to go against that defense with mostly 5th and 6th string WRs. Not hard to stop an offense when all you have to do is focus on Lamb and Shultz in coverage.

dacoming

Reaction score
If the line is it's not as strong then the QB must adjust his game. Throw the ball quicker, buy time, or be more mobile. Go to the coach and suggest shotgun formation. Its about using your brain and your physical abilities. And if you are unable to run and buy time then you should not be the QB. So stop all this nonsense about........."ITS THE OFFENSIVE LINE". It don't matter because the QB still gets a check to perform and make adjustments. Dak is a crappy QB and lack the skills to be an elite QB
Agreed, The Bucs line is just as bad as ours but Brady gets the ball out quicker and adjusts. Granted he had much better receivers but that wasn't the case in NE. I wouldn't call Dak crappy but I do think he has significant limitations. I think Romo played better in these situations and had receivers such as Crayton, Miles Austin, Terrance Williams, etc. Dak can't do that or hasn't proven he can to this point.

blueblood70

Reaction score
staffiord , rogers, Murray, burrows all looked horrible because of the OL..did they overcome anything? all lost all 0-1 and?

I mean NE, Titans, packers, Bengal's, rams, and 9ers looked bad as well..how about AZ a lot of 40mil qbs lost yesterday. that a lot of playoff teams to lose game 1 and some looked terrible doing so.,.

shuv that stupid narrative where the sun dont shine.troll

RonWashington

Reaction score
They need to inactivate Pollard and call up Qadree Ollison for the next game.

He and Zeke together would be a nice 1-2 punch.

They can't run the same plays they put on film last year right off the bat and expect it to work.

I see where your going with that but Rush needs as many weapons as possible . Ollison nice idea but get Dowdle to the practice squad instead of Pollsrd