Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree, I feel Zeke will have more TDS but Vaughn will have more chunk plays. Also if we use him right we can get our screen game going. I predict Vaughn gets 700-900 yards with 4 TDs. Zeke will get 500 yards and 8-10 TDs
If you’re saying Vaughn will have 700-900 rushing yards you’re going to be way off, as in a country mile. He’s going to have a tough time coming up with 700-900 yards rushing and receiving. He’s not going to get near as many touches as some of you think unless we have injuries.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Again, I have said nothing in this thread about this offense needing Zeke. That's all you. I have simply said that I would expect him to at least average 4 yards per carry if he can stay healthy.

Unlike you, I don't believe 4.1 yards is pathetic. If you feel that way, so be it, but that means you are saying Emmitt Smith was pathetic as a rookie, in 1994, in 1996 and in 1997 (and 2000 and beyond, when he was going downhill). In fact, at what point does an average in the 4-yard range not become pathetic? Emmitt averaged 4.3 or less in 12 of his 15 seasons.

I think the rest of us know what's really pathetic. I think when it comes to Elliott, you are the one who has lost perspective. You can't see beyond the position you have taken against him.

Most of the rest of us can see the back that the Patriots were willing to take a chance on for $6 million. A guy who can be effective between the tackles, in short yardage and around the goal line but has lost whatever ability he had to get around the corner. A player who is at a point in his career where injuries make him risky, but has shown he can actually average in the 4.5 range when healthy (check out his numbers before his injuries the last two years). He's clearly hitting the wall and could fall off at any moment and wasn't worth what Dallas was paying him, but what you see through this clouded vision you have when it comes to him is not the reality.
4.1 is pathetic when the other guy is averaging 6.0

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
4.1 is pathetic when the other guy is averaging 6.0
I quit. You are not worth this effort.

My last word on this comes from Bill Belichick, who says: “I’ve never coached Zeke, but I’m glad we have him.” I'm sure he really meant to say, "He's pathetic."

Carry on with your agenda. You are as bad when it comes to Elliott as the "Dak haters" who annoy you, but you can't see it that way because you are blinded by how you feel about him.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You can compare Deuce Vaughn's college career with anybody. He was outstanding.
And?

Jackson broke out his senior year with 1,078 yards on 208 carries (5.2 avg.), 14 rushing touchdowns, 21 receptions for 201 yards, two receiving touchdowns and 16 total touchdowns (school record). His skills did not translate to the NFL, which was the point of mentioning him. He was a sixth-round pick who showed skills and it just did not work out on this level, same as with most sixth-rounders.

For what it's worth, Vaughn had 1,558 rushing (5.3 avg.) his senior year and 9 TDs. He added another 378 yards receiving and 3 TDs.

As I have said, I liked what I saw from Vaughn on Saturday and want to see an increased role against better competition to see what he can do. But we also should acknowledge that the odds are stacked against him. Far more sixth-round picks fail than succeed. For every Terrell Davis, there are probably 20 backs who failed (and I may be underestimating).

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I really like this Deuce kid, his size makes him very difficult to tackle, especially for the big guys.

He can break , zig zag so fast ... big guys don't have that quickness or center of gravity .

He has LOTS of potential , IMO.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I kind of agree with this. Zeke was a good player, pretty class guy while with us. He had that off-the-field stuff, and I personally think the guy has a substance abuse problem. That's called being a human being. But it's not like he was a bad guy or something. He just declined really fast, and it's a business. But he was a good guy all around, and a good player.

He deserves respect because he earned it.
Look you say the guy declined fast and that's not true,

you know how hard it is to live up to what he did as a rookie??? he had near 1700 yards and a rushing crown right out of college which BTW was one of the best rookie season EVER in the nfl for an RB. That's better than both Tony Dorsett and Emmitt Smith rookie years put together...:bow:
How can you do much better than he did his rookie year, of course the next couple of years he was also great but weren't going to be as great as he did as a rookie?? had nothing to do with substance abuse had everything to do with the way he was on A roll back-to-back 1800 yards in college close to 1700 yards is a rookie he should have been rookie of the year, not Prescott, he's the one that carried that team much like Emmett Smith carried the 90s teams. He did it for three straight years he nearly had three rushing crowns had it not been for a false suspension and really 2017 and he did as well as he could with the offensive line changing with Travis Frederick gone with Kellen Moore here, things started changing quickly in 19 he was still good he got paid and he did as well as he could with things here things started changing quickly.​

Then you have 2020 eleven different offensive line combinations, no Prescott it was a horrible year a new head coach and again things started falling apart around zeke.

And here's why this argument doesn't work,​
if you look at the first halves of the last two seasons he started out averaging 4.9 yards per carry for the first 8 to 9 games, then he tears his PCL and stays in and plays through the pain versus what most players would have done and just shut it down had surgery.​
but he was a team player but he still got close to 900 yards on one leg same thing with 2022 starts off the season strong he looked faster he looked slimmer and he was working hard and that got that same knee and thigh hit again 900 yards 12 tds splititgn carries on a bad knee.​
SO, yes, when you have that many yards on you with that many carries and that much workload that he put in from the time he was in college up until recently, there wasn't a big drop off ,he had injuries and there was a lot of changes around him the man looked really good when he was fresh and healthy the last two seasons. He didn't look like he had a eating problem or a substance abuse problem.​
Oh yeah sure when he's young coming out of college he went out and partied but when you're on the Dallas Cowboys and you're a big name like him you have TMZ and about 40 other media outlets following you around of course he was being signaled out for doing what young men freshly drafted and rich at his age typically do...​
they're out running around partying and stuff you want to ask Gronk how that feels there's guys like him all over the NFL better known for going out hanging out , do you need to be reminded of the 70s and 80s and 90s teams not just the north Dallas 40 stories but the White House stories of players on these teams partying imagine if social media and the Internet existed back then?? I mean you can go all the way back to Broadway Joe and The Jets I mean these dudes wearing burgers and out partying all the time we can go to Lawrence Taylor with his cocaine issues in Hollywood Henderson and people here did it affect their careers that much? But people sweep that under the rug now because we didn't have this much media coverage I don't remember one story with all this media coverage from zeke having any substance abuse problems the man went out and partied.. Not sure how that's any different than a lot of us at his age and now you add in fame and fortune and people following you around and that's all they can dig up on him is a few weird moments that concerts and stuff where he was a little wobbly..pretty sure Michael Irvin was caught with much more than that..​
this did not affect zeke's play on the field IMHO and that's my opinion that's I just backed up with facts.. Zeke broke down naturally from all the carries and the injuries that went all the way back to Ohio State,​
I mean this man had back-to-back 1800 yards he carried those offenses into the college playoffs they had sorry quarterbacks the teams were only good because of zeke on offense.. So yes his second contract was probably a mistake given Jerry had all the information and all the mileage he had but his drop off is extremely exaggerated.. It was just natural..​
Lastly you can't ignore what he did as far as stats go I mean as a running back what else do you have the man had a better career stat wise then Terrell Davis that a lot of Hall of Fame running backs he had a better first two seasons then GAIL Sayers had his whole entire career but he gets no respect. I'll leave it there I'm just saying the man got no respect I wish him all the luck in the world over in New England even though we all know his careers over much like Emmitt Smith and the cardinal debacle.​
I'm just trying to remind fans this man was more special than people think and yes he wore down naturally but he had a big reputation to live up to when you look at what he did for three straight years from college and his rookie year it's going to be hard to top that so he was fighting his own goals he set so early on.​

Loso86

Reaction score
Zeke isn’t what it was, but I’m going to bookmark this thread. I’m glad we’re allowed to post links to old threads, because this could be interesting at the end of the year. Lol
Lol

Loso86

Reaction score
Zeke's defenders are still defending, so it's normal for his critics to still be vocal. Personally I'm just glad Zeke's gone. He's well past his prime so it was time to move on.
Sure

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I may have a better year than Zeke. Of course, Deuce's biggest issue is not finding himself in too many head on collisions. Needs to be able to take glancing blows as often as possible.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I quit. You are not worth this effort.

My last word on this comes from Bill Belichick, who says: “I’ve never coached Zeke, but I’m glad we have him.” I'm sure he really meant to say, "He's pathetic."

Carry on with your agenda. You are as bad when it comes to Elliott as the "Dak haters" who annoy you, but you can't see it that way because you are blinded by how you feel about him.
Problem for you is I am right. My agenda is over. Its been proven 100% accurate. Zeke was not top 5 or even top 20 RB, Pollard is the better back and should have been the lead.

When given close to equal carries, Pollard made the pro bowl, Zeke got cut and nobody was interested in him until someone came along dumb enough to sigh him.

Maybe he can be good for leadership as long as they don't try to give him a big role.

Zeke was a wasted pick from Day 1. Despite his few good years, its a position you dont take top 10. Resigning him was stupid.

All 100% accurate and proven 100% on the money.

Not my problem if you cant handle the truth or if you dont like the fact that all my biatching and moaning turned out to be correct.

Ill wait patiently for him to get his first TD so you can desperately and laughably try to rub it in. :muttley:

Bye Zeke, good riddance. You can foul up someone else's offense now.

And NO I will NEVER let you types live it down.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Problem for you is I am right. My agenda is over. Its been proven 100% accurate. Zeke was not top 5 or even top 20 RB, Pollard is the better back and should have been the lead.

When given close to equal carries, Pollard made the pro bowl, Zeke got cut and nobody was interested in him until someone came along dumb enough to sigh him.

Maybe he can be good for leadership as long as they don't try to give him a big role.

Zeke was a wasted pick from Day 1. Despite his few good years, its a position you dont take top 10. Resigning him was stupid.

All 100% accurate and proven 100% on the money.

Not my problem if you cant handle the truth or if you dont like the fact that all my biatching and moaning turned out to be correct.

Ill wait patiently for him to get his first TD so you can desperately and laughably try to rub it in. :muttley:

Bye Zeke, good riddance. You can foul up someone else's offense now.

And NO I will NEVER let you types live it down.
I pay very little to no attention to players once they are no longer a Cowboy. Unlike you, I only care about my team rather than my obsessions. Good luck with that.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I pay very little to no attention to players once they are no longer a Cowboy. Unlike you, I only care about my team rather than my obsessions. Good luck with that.
BWAAAAAAA!!!!

You care about your team do you? Is that why you wanted Zeke starting over Pollard? Or did you just get it all wrong?

Anyone that wanted to start Zeke over Pollard either didnt give two SHEETS about winning or they are just straight up blind.

So which was it?

gimmesix

Reaction score
BWAAAAAAA!!!!

You care about your team do you? Is that why you wanted Zeke starting over Pollard? Or did you just get it all wrong?

Anyone that wanted to start Zeke over Pollard either didnt give two SHEETS about winning or they are just straight up blind.

So which was it?
You really have some issues, you know that?

Neither of those are representative of how I looked at the running back position, but you be you.

Last edited:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You really have some issues, you know that

So this is your penance. I took your **** for years so now its YOUR turn. Man up and admit you were wrong and I would be more than happy to let it go.

My issue is with Jerry Jones and forcing these guys like Zeke, Garrett, Moore on our franchise.

gimmesix

Reaction score
So this is your penance. I took your **** for years so now its YOUR turn. Man up and admit you were wrong and I would be more than happy to let it go.

My issue is with Jerry Jones and forcing these guys like Zeke, Garrett, Moore on our franchise.
I've probably been wrong on here more often than I've been right. There are nuances to that. There are things I've been absolutely right about with Elliott, and some I still feel I'm right about, and things I've been wrong about. I freely admit that ... and have before when I've been wrong.

There are things you've been right about on him and things you've been wrong about, and still are, but I don't think you'll ever admit that.

As far as what you say being my penance. That's only true if I cared. I respond because I tend to do that when people respond to me. And yes, I do think you have a problem with your obsession with Zeke. But I learned a long time ago that no one makes you happy or sad or mad; that's entirely within your control. I hope you have a great rest of your day.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Depends on how they use him. I think Elliot will be rb 2. So will Deuce. If our O-Line is good then Deuce may take Pollards spot if he isn’t healed mentally. And I see Deuce like Pollard getting TDs from a long way off. Not so much goal line runs.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If Texas Coast delivers like I believe it will, Deuce may be a huge reason why our Boys could finally make the big dance... I think we can all see this team is trending up and it ain't going to be Prescott that holds us back.
Then who will it be? . . . Only Dak, not playing up to His Contract, will hold this team back

All the Escape Goats are Gone

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I kind of agree with this. Zeke was a good player, pretty class guy while with us. He had that off-the-field stuff, and I personally think the guy has a substance abuse problem. That's called being a human being. But it's not like he was a bad guy or something. He just declined really fast, and it's a business. But he was a good guy all around, and a good player.

He deserves respect because he earned it.
Don't be too sure of yourself. He is STILL...a "good player". 330 million good? Well....lots of guys aren't worth the money. But the dude was 2-time rushing champ...should have been 3 straight if not for Jerry's feud with Goodell.

Here's some food for thought...from a very (seemingly) objective take:

(not sure this is even worth my time....everyone claiming Zke is trash....won't very swiftly change their minds. It will take this season to make any headway if at all)

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke's defenders are still defending, so it's normal for his critics to still be vocal. Personally I'm just glad Zeke's gone. He's well past his prime so it was time to move on.
Not just "zeke defenders". See my above link.

I know you won't...can't dare face the real truth of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.