Vaughn Will Have A Better Year Than Elliott

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The thought that Deuce is going to be a pure RB2 is laughable, especially when Pollard himself is such a good receiving back and will get most of the 3rd down work.

He's going to get 6-8 touches a game, maybe.

I totally agree.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I wouldn't bet on that

I mean even on one leg splitting carries with Pollard, I mean you're trying to tell me that deuce is going to have 900 yards and 12 touchdowns???

I mean I expect zeke to get close to that splitting carries in New England but does it really matter that much why the hate for zeke the man has been one of the best players to ever play for the Dallas Cowboys and now everyone's been taking shots at him after he's gone.....:thumbdown:

I mean first you didn't want the guy here doing nothing but get on him as a hater and now that he's gone you can't keep his name out your mouth, so here's what I think he owns space in your head rent free:omg:

you all who keep mentioning his name all the time trying to put the man down with no respect whatsoever, says that you ain't on his mind and yet he is in your mind... :facepalm: :muttley:
I kind of agree with this. Zeke was a good player, pretty class guy while with us. He had that off-the-field stuff, and I personally think the guy has a substance abuse problem. That's called being a human being. But it's not like he was a bad guy or something. He just declined really fast, and it's a business. But he was a good guy all around, and a good player.

He deserves respect because he earned it.

rambo2

Reaction score
I kind of agree with this. Zeke was a good player, pretty class guy while with us. He had that off-the-field stuff, and I personally think the guy has a substance abuse problem. That's called being a human being. But it's not like he was a bad guy or something. He just declined really fast, and it's a business. But he was a good guy all around, and a good player.

He deserves respect because he earned it.
He has some gas left in the tank too.

johneric8

Reaction score
I very much agree with you.

I’m certainly not saying Deuce is as good as the great Barry Sanders, but I do see some similarities.
I also wanted to clarify that I don't think Deuce is even close to Barry's level but I think you and I can agree that it's been since Barry Sanders that we've seen those kind of alien type moves right? Seriously, I was watching him during those runs against the Jag's thinking "oh my word, are my eyes deceiving me here"... It I didn't know any better I would of thought I was watching Barry Sanders after he shrunk.. HA

plymkr

Reaction score
Zeke might have more TDs but I'm willing to bet Vaughn will have better stats every where else.
I agree, I feel Zeke will have more TDS but Vaughn will have more chunk plays. Also if we use him right we can get our screen game going. I predict Vaughn gets 700-900 yards with 4 TDs. Zeke will get 500 yards and 8-10 TDs

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
You said a 6th would be a contributor at best. I said Brady was a 6th rdr rendering your point moot. Easy peasy. Try and keep up please
Very few 6th round running back draft picks make NFL rosters, fewer ever become more than contributors. The odds are Vaughn will have fewer rushing yards in his career than Brady. The notion he significantly improves the Cowboys rushing attack is just a wish.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There’s not going to be enough balls to go around for all the backs. Baring injury Pollard and probably Dowdle will be our first two backs. Vaughn will be worked in slowly, so anyone expecting a lot of touches from him is going to be sadly disappointed, at least early in the season. His role could change depending on how our running game does. He’s so short he could get lost behind the OL, making it difficult to locate him. The Cowboys could find situation’s in the redzone where he might be real effective. If defenders have trouble locating him, he could hit a seam and dart into the endzone.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Well probably....but that's a bad bet....it's not apples to apples.

If Dallas traded Duece right now to NE for Zeke, then it would be Zeke having the better year.

It will be more of a committee in Dal, on a better team. NE is a worse team, that will feature their starter more, and less by committee.

So any #2 back in NE behind Stevenson...will have a "worse year" than whoever Dallas's #2 back is.

Canada180

bannedontherun88
Reaction score
Very few 6th round running back draft picks make NFL rosters, fewer ever become more than contributors. The odds are Vaughn will have fewer rushing yards in his career than Brady. The notion he significantly improves the Cowboys rushing attack is just a wish.
Yes man, it is a wish. Absolutely. I think Deuce is a bit of a unique case I think youll agree. The kid seems super talented and was passed over , all the way to the sixth rd. Not because of talent ( he certainly is of a higher rd talent) but because of fear of his size. Call me naive, but he sure looks the part albeit against backups so far.
I see some things that really jump out when he runs. Good luck to the kid and it seems many almost want him to fail to say they were right and others were naive about it.
It wouldnt surprise me to see him succeed

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Who said 4.1 or 4.2 is great? You've really got to get some help for your Zeke issue. I'd suggest some therapy.
You said above 4.0. Which is quite a range. So 4.1 would make you right. Which is pathetic.

Why is it that you can see how bad he is? Have you really lost all perspective on what the RB position is about?

How about getting in touch with our offense and what THIS offense needs?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
You said above 4.0. Which is quite a range. So 4.1 would make you right. Which is pathetic.

Why is it that you can see how bad he is? Have you really lost all perspective on what the RB position is about?

How about getting in touch with our offense and what THIS offense needs?
Again, I have said nothing in this thread about this offense needing Zeke. That's all you. I have simply said that I would expect him to at least average 4 yards per carry if he can stay healthy.

Unlike you, I don't believe 4.1 yards is pathetic. If you feel that way, so be it, but that means you are saying Emmitt Smith was pathetic as a rookie, in 1994, in 1996 and in 1997 (and 2000 and beyond, when he was going downhill). In fact, at what point does an average in the 4-yard range not become pathetic? Emmitt averaged 4.3 or less in 12 of his 15 seasons.

I think the rest of us know what's really pathetic. I think when it comes to Elliott, you are the one who has lost perspective. You can't see beyond the position you have taken against him.

Most of the rest of us can see the back that the Patriots were willing to take a chance on for $6 million. A guy who can be effective between the tackles, in short yardage and around the goal line but has lost whatever ability he had to get around the corner. A player who is at a point in his career where injuries make him risky, but has shown he can actually average in the 4.5 range when healthy (check out his numbers before his injuries the last two years). He's clearly hitting the wall and could fall off at any moment and wasn't worth what Dallas was paying him, but what you see through this clouded vision you have when it comes to him is not the reality.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
He's not even on the team anymore and his haters are still getting off to him lol
Zeke's defenders are still defending, so it's normal for his critics to still be vocal. Personally I'm just glad Zeke's gone. He's well past his prime so it was time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.