Vic Fangio Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don't see anywhere that Eagles picked him up, just that they might be interested??? Anyone with a link to confirm he went to Eagles?
He has not signed with Philadelphia. The New York Giants also have an interest. Some others likely do, as well. These “Eagles got him” posts are emotional outbursts.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
So Fangio mutually parts ways, he is old school and stubborn and not liked by some players. Now he joins the Iggles who have a coach nobody wants, is stubborn? What can possibly happen when they add another type A personality at OC?
they are paesan but one will call Soprano and the other John Sac to have the other offed

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No. If last year means 2022. He was the DC in 2023. I just didn't remember Dak torching their defense. I must've missed that game.
Last year as in last season. He was a defensive consultant in Philly two seasons ago and last season he was the DC for Miami....

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Do you think this is why he's out as Dolphins DC? It makes sense coz from my understanding players love playing for Daniel
It's interesting as I thought their defense, which was massively banged up, played solid heading into the playoffs. I think their defense helped keep them in the game against KC. It was their offense that kept sputtering out.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
If Fangio is so great why did the Dolphins have the 22nd ranked defense and why are the Dolphins getting rid of him. This guy is not going to make a difference.
Mutual decision, he wanted to be closer to Scranton where he’s from.
They were 10th in pts allowed and they were missing their top CBs for part of the year.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Fangio came in as Denver HC had Cowboys down 30-0 . Beat us in Miami as well . I’m sure the Eagles noticed .

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Last year as in last season. He was a defensive consultant in Philly two seasons ago and last season he was the DC for Miami....
Philadelphia hired him as a special consultant in the playoffs. He didn't work for them during the season in 2022.

I know he was the DC in Miami in 2023. I just don't remember Dak owning Miami when we played them.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
If Fangio is so great why did the Dolphins have the 22nd ranked defense and why are the Dolphins getting rid of him. This guy is not going to make a difference.
I can't speak for him. As for the Dolphins, they were eaten up by injuries on the defensive side of the ball all year not much different than Philadelphia. As for firing Miami did not fire him. He asked for a release, and mutually agreed to depart. He probably wanted to go back to Pennsylvania where his family is from, and coach in Philadelphia since there is an opening. Remember he was supposed to be the DC last year, but their DC said he was staying, and then after Fangio signed with Miami Gannon took the head coaching job in Arizona. All the while Miami was tampering with Fangio, and needed to give up a draft pick, or swap draft picks with the Eagles to give them a favorable 1.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Based on what lol? What in this thread made you say that lol?
He just likes stating random facts occasionally.

The other day he just started listing all the rivers and their tributaries that feed into the Gulf of Mexico and listed them in order by length in miles.

It really had nothing to do with anything. But that didn't mean he wasn't accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.