Video sums up Dak/Wentz debate

BoysForLife

Reaction score
You are a rare breed............ The sole Eagles fan who loves Tony Romo. From the same species as the Celtics fan who loved Magic Johnson.

Makes sense. LOL.

It does if you forgot to take your meds LOL

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Code:
This is what Dak vs Wentz looks like over the past 5 games.

Player Dak Prescott Carson Wentz
Rating 105.1 89.9
Comp% 72.4 67.8
Air Yards 1258 (251/G) 1344 (268/G)
Air TDs 6 (1.2/G) 8 (1.6/G)
Y/A 8 per attempt 7.74 per attempt
INTs 1 (0.2/G) 6 (1.2/G)

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Better take a double dose

Make sure not to confuse it with your little blue pills. Otherwise next time you walk into a wall you might break your nose
Confused little boy. Must suck being in your shoes and coming in here daily seeing how well Dak is leading this team to wins, the division crown and the playoffs. Get used to it. It's going to continue for many years to come. Going to enjoy watching you squirm. lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Code:

Rating 105.1 89.9
Comp% 72.4 67.8
INTs 1 (0.2/G) 6 (1.2/G)
BOOM!

Hey, @BoysForLife , guess which is the dink-n-dunk master? ^^^^ Your boy, Wince! lol

Poor misguided one. :facepalm:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
They will be forever linked since they went in the same draft to division rivals, so lets look at their career passer rating so far:

Dak: 95.5

Wentz: 91.8

Wahhhhhh?! But everyone told me Wentz was wayyyyyyyy better. Not even close. Now, I admit Daks fumbling is worse, but his running ability is way better, and leads the league in QB rushing TDs.
Wentz is throwing to a potential Hall of Fame TE in Ertz, a proven pro bowler in Jeffrey and they added Golden Tate.
Dak was throwing to Allen Hurns and Deonte Thompson to start the year.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
They were #1 in the country for all of one week. Lol. He played for MS St. not MS so don’t question if I’m a MS fan if you don’t even know what college team he played for.

Who said I was questioning you're if your a fan or not? I'm just saying you should know that Dak led them to #1 in the country. Which he did.

Dak has issues that he needs to work on. But he makes the team better all around. If it weren't for him I doubt they would be even close to having a winning season let alone being ranked number 1.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Interesting Dak Stats
renderTimingPixel.png

I believe Dak is a middle of the pack STARTING QB(i.e. 12-18) with top 10 potential. Is that fair?
Here's how his career sits compared to other players. Out of ACTIVE players (minimum 1000 pass attempts) Dak has the:

• 3rd highest career completion percentage at 65.65%

• 3rd lowest interception percentage at 1.68%

• 7th highest passer rating at 95.5

• 8th highest Adjusted Yards per attempt at 7.61

• Most rushing touchdowns in the league since 2016 for a QB and 12th for all players

• 4th highest average yards per rush (for QBs)

• 3rd most sacked QB (some of this is certainly his fault)

• 2nd most wins (only behind Tom Brady)
Furthermore Dak is one of seven quarterbacks who have not missed a start since entering the league.
I know people love shiny fantasy football passing yardage and passing TDs totals but it is beyond time to stop acting like some dolt and recognize that he successfully runs the ball (which is insanely huge when the game plan to run the ball 50% of the time and you force defenses to account for the QB not just Zeke) and VERY efficiently passes it.

I might actually be underselling the kid.

Nav22

Reaction score
In their most recent games...

Dak went 24-28 vs the mighty Saints. He had ONE terrible pass (deep ball to Gallup) that has been used as proof that he’s not a good passer.

Wentz was 28-37 vs the Commanders. He had FIVE terrible passes in that game. Two deep overthrows. An awful endzone INT. And 2 very short passes that went straight to the ground.

Let’s kill this stupid double-standard once and for all. Dak isn’t the only QB who occasionally misfires.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
We won partially because of Dak, yes. And partially because of the defense. And partially because of special teams.

Team sport.
Did we win in 1992 and 1993 because of Troy Aikman?

Dak played insanely well early giving DAL the lead so they could run the game plan as designed.
They ate clock and in fact his sacks helped there as it kept the clock moving while an incomplete pass does not.
He was ruthlessly efficient and he used his legs to get key first downs.

The fumble that robbed a FG attempt was a very bad play but over all each drive featured Dak picking up key first downs with both legs and arm.
He was hitting guys in the hands all night.
Box Score scouting suggests 13 points is blah but if you watched the game you know it was really 20 and a dream game management design to limit the NFL MVP fave possessions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Code:

Rating 105.1 89.9
Comp% 72.4 67.8
INTs 1 (0.2/G) 6 (1.2/G)

You do realize dak has played two more games than wentz. Still passed for less.

And wentz is coming off injury.

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak looked pretty good against a great defense too

He looked really good for a half. Then the 2nd half happened.

Dak Prescott did not win that Saints game. It was largely the defense that held the highest flying offense in the NFL to 10 points.

It's absurd that people try to argue otherwise.

NOTE: Because the Daksters tend to over-exaggerate........ nowhere did I say Dak played poorly or awful in the Saints game. He was effective, especially in the first half. But that game was won on the backs of a defense that held the Saints 24 points under their average.

Sydla

Reaction score
We won partially because of Dak, yes. And partially because of the defense. And partially because of special teams.

Team sport.

The largest factor in that game was the defense. They held arguably the best scoring offense at that time to 10 points. Cowboys scored 13.

Vandyr

Reaction score
In their most recent games...

Dak went 24-28 vs the mighty Saints. He had ONE terrible pass (deep ball to Gallup) that has been used as proof that he’s not a good passer.

Wentz was 28-37 vs the Commanders. He had FIVE terrible passes in that game. Two deep overthrows. An awful endzone INT. And 2 very short passes that went straight to the ground.

Let’s kill this stupid double-standard once and for all. Dak isn’t the only QB who occasionally misfires.

He actually floated two sideline passes there on that same drive.

But, I agree with a lot of people here. Wentz isn't that good. I rate him about the same as Dak.

Sydla

Reaction score
Interesting Dak Stats
renderTimingPixel.png

I believe Dak is a middle of the pack STARTING QB(i.e. 12-18) with top 10 potential. Is that fair?
Here's how his career sits compared to other players. Out of ACTIVE players (minimum 1000 pass attempts) Dak has the:

• 3rd highest career completion percentage at 65.65%

• 3rd lowest interception percentage at 1.68%

• 7th highest passer rating at 95.5

• 8th highest Adjusted Yards per attempt at 7.61

• Most rushing touchdowns in the league since 2016 for a QB and 12th for all players

• 4th highest average yards per rush (for QBs)

• 3rd most sacked QB (some of this is certainly his fault)

• 2nd most wins (only behind Tom Brady)
Furthermore Dak is one of seven quarterbacks who have not missed a start since entering the league.
I know people love shiny fantasy football passing yardage and passing TDs totals but it is beyond time to stop acting like some dolt and recognize that he successfully runs the ball (which is insanely huge when the game plan to run the ball 50% of the time and you force defenses to account for the QB not just Zeke) and VERY efficiently passes it.

I might actually be underselling the kid.

Very fair.

Falco78

Reaction score
He looked really good for a half. Then the 2nd half happened.

Dak Prescott did not win that Saints game. It was largely the defense that held the highest flying offense in the NFL to 10 points.

It's absurd that people try to argue otherwise.

NOTE: Because the Daksters tend to over-exaggerate........ nowhere did I say Dak played poorly or awful in the Saints game. He was effective, especially in the first half. But that game was won on the backs of a defense that held the Saints 24 points under their average.
No it was a team win and Dak definitely contributed to that with a great performance

Sydla

Reaction score
No it was a team win and Dak definitely contributed to that with a great performance

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

But anyone with a semblance of honesty and fair analysis would admit that game was largely won because of a herculean effort by the defense.