Video sums up Dak/Wentz debate

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Take that Dak-supporters!
Think D'Angelo Hall destroyed both in the debate. Like he said the team is built differenty. When Wince is being paid 30mil and losing players, Dak will be getting 15-18 mil a yr with a new TE and WR opposite Cooper with Gallup in the slot. Its about team not player.

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
This is some stupid ****. Dak Prescott is a 4th rounder that makes $5.00 a game...he is not supposed to be better than God Wentz that was taken 2 overall and has a team so stacked that his backup wins the Superbowl and SB MVP honors.

If moronic Dak haters are screaming Wentz>Dak, you idiots have already lost.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Both of y’all have got to be long time fans. I just don’t know about the homers. How they can constantly hang their hat on mediocrity is beyond me. How dare we challenge this organization and what they’ve done the last 20+ years? How can you NOT challenge this insanity? As I’ve stated several times on this board, I’m a MS boy and want nothing more than for Dak to succeed. The problems you see in his game are the same he’s had since his days at MS St. I don’t know if you can fix them. If you can’t see them you’re blind as a bat. I know you risk injury if you run an offense that is conducive to Dak’s skills but that’s the ONLY way our offense will be of Super Bowl caliber. He’s NOT a pocket passer and never will be. I can’t figure out why Linehan keeps trying at least not with our current QB coach. Who knows...maybe Moore is a good one and Dak’s unfixable???? He certainly hasn’t improved any of his weaknesses since his college career. Dak’s tough as nails, a good runner and a leader but that’s not enough at this level unless everything around him is perfect. There are lots of avg. QBs in this league who can succeed when everything around them is perfect. I hope dumb dumb, as a GM anyway, doesn’t give Dak big bucks. Please put the franchise tag on him and buy us another year for this FO and homers to see what a lot of us already see.

Dak has issues. But he's a winner and makes the team better. If your such as MS fan then you should know he made that team better than what it was up to number 1 in the country. If they make Dak play like he did in MS he'll do just fine. Dak is not a pocket passer throwing timing passes. That's not Daks problem. Thats a coaching problem.

zerofill

Reaction score
I like dak. He's improving weekly. But if given the choice between dak and wentz, I'd take wentz. He does everything better than dak with the possible exception of running the ball.

I am not really a big believer in Wentz either to be honest. I still think he is a possible injury waiting to happen again. But, if I were to choose who I would think could utilize Cooper, and Gallup better, it would be Wentz. From that draft class, I think it is obvious Goff is better then both of them put together.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Yep. Dak has the better W/L record and better career stats. Those are facts, not opinion.

Wentz has the draft status and the built-in excuses that come with being a top draft pick who’s been outplayed by a 4th rounder.

A 4th rounder on the most hated team in football, no less. Remember how hard it was for TONY ROMO to get his due? I’m STILL arguing with buddies who say he was a choker and an average QB.

I chuckle of how they are making issues for Wentz in that video. Saying that he had a knee injury. Yet they ignored the fact that Dak bad play had nothing to do with Zeke's suspension.

They also ignored the fact that the Eagles had one of the top defenses last year, which got them to the Superbowl.

Yet Dak was surrounded by a top defense for 3 years and had to be carried by his team.

These guys are nothing but fools except for Hall.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Like Hall said, as long as Dallas gets Dak for about $15 million & Philly has to pay Wentz over $30 million this can still work out for dallas by having more money to build dominant defense.
The problem is if you settle for the lesser QB you will need to have better players around him and that will cost you.Dak is not always going to have Zeke! If you took Dak and Wentz and had them switch teams the Cowboys would go from a chance to make the playoffs to a team that has a chance to win a SB!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
wentz just needs a better qb coach, a number one and the best offensive line in the NFL..
That's funny because that's exactly what most Eagles fans keep saying. They need a new OC because Groh is terrible and Pederson has become too predictable and losing their QB Coach Flip has really hurt, Alshon is too slow and they need to find better, faster WRs, they need to improve the OL and upgrade the RB because Wentz can't be expected to carry the team.

Falco78

Reaction score
I am comfortable with signing Dak to a 5 year 21 mil a year deal

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
That's funny because that's exactly what most Eagles fans keep saying. They need a new OC because Groh is terrible and Pederson has become too predictable and losing their QB Coach Flip has really hurt, Alshon is too slow and they need to find better, faster WRs, they need to improve the OL and upgrade the RB because Wentz can't be expected to carry the team.

Yes, this proves the whole "Wentz can be a team on his back" Wrong. If people are saying he's good, but he just needs a great QB coach or a better OL, or a better supporting cast to be Elite and the top NFL QB they seem to view him as. Wentz is good, but not a great "Can turn lesser a talented team into a playoff team/turn any average WR into a dangerous/productive weapon" Elite type of QB some are trying to build him up as.

When some say that Wentz didn't have a good for a season as Dak did in 2016, because Dak had Zeke and an oline etc and Wentz had no RB/Oline as good, then they contradict Wentz Supporters/Philly fans who act like Wentz can carry any team to the playoffs/Superbowl in a true "Carry a team on his back" way. Just like they discredit Dak for needing a certain supporting cast around him. They use the same logic to excuse Wentz if he struggles/makes bad plays/or doesn't live up to the QB they hype him up to be.

And I feel like there are only a few select QBs who can truly put a team on their back, as in uplifting lesser talented supporting casts into a playoff caliber team. But, many QBs need a strong supporting cast to assist their stats and help them be more productive. As many need a strong supporting cast to help carry their teams to the playoffs.

So, while Dak does need certain parts around him to be productive, it still doesn't make sense for their to be a double standard concerning Dak. Using the supporting cast debate to discredit anything that Dak accomplishes. While using it to make excuses for other QBs if they don't accomplish a certain set goal for his team or fail to accomplish whatever the QB's supporters build him up to be.

And saying that Wentz can put a team on his back, while the Eagles accomplished a Superbowl win with him out and injured, proves that Wentz was assisted by a strong supporting cast.

Grevus

Reaction score
Eagles are a pass first team, Dallas is a run first team. 2 completely different offensive schemes and approaches. The offenses are built different and have different levels of talent at key positions. The Cowboys don't ask Dak to throw the ball 35+ times a game like the Eagles ask Wentz to do. In 10 games, Wentz has attempted 369 passes while Dak has has 364 pass attempts in 12 games. Wentz takes more chances with his throws while Dak doesn't. You really can't compare the 2 QBs.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Eagles are a pass first team, Dallas is a run first team. 2 completely different offensive schemes and approaches. The offenses are built different and have different levels of talent at key positions. The Cowboys don't ask Dak to throw the ball 35+ times a game like the Eagles ask Wentz to do. In 10 games, Wentz has attempted 369 passes while Dak has has 364 pass attempts in 12 games. Wentz takes more chances with his throws while Dak doesn't. You really can't compare the 2 QBs.
Good point, then Wentz should make more than Dak because he is asked to do more as a passer.

Grevus

Reaction score
Good point, then Wentz should make more than Dak because he is asked to do more as a passer.

Highly likely. I definitely see Wentz getting a higher pay offer than Dak, but probably not what people think. There is a pay scale teams go by but who knows for sure. Nothing would surprise me with Jerry.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I know Wentz can sling it all over the field and there is not a pass that he can't make. He has some great passing skills that is for sure that Dak does not have.

That said, I am not so sure he is a clutch guy and makes his team win though so Wentz greatness is up for debate.

Dak does have some intangibles that have got him to the point he is now.