VIDEO: Tony Romo - The Story by TEK2000

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TEK2000;1526821 said:
Thanks for all of the outstanding compliments fellas!! I'm really really glad that all (except bbgun) of you are enjoying it so much. The fact that all of you fellow Cowboys fans are enjoying it so much makes it work my time!!!

Hostile: I'm sorry you had so much trouble man! If I had been on a computer today to help out I would have done whatever it takes to get the problem resolved.
A great video player that, I believe, doesn't require the installation of codecs is the VLC Media Player from www.videolan.org. Its a small program and works great playing A LOT of different video/audio file formats.

I use IE so I had no idea that Firefox had issues with my site. The .pl file is simply a script that counts each file download on my server. I just use it for the stats page on my site... kind of a "Top 25 list" for people that are not willing to download all videos but want to see the best/most downloaded videos.

As for the forced "right click" on my site, its simply something I did to make sure people didn't just keep playing the videos over and over again by clicking the links on my site. It forces you to SAVE the video rather than just "fake" stream it.
If this is a problem for a lot of people using Firefox, please let me know. I'll do away with it.
No sweat man, just like superpunk having sex, no sweat.

The problem was on my end, and I use Firefox and it worked at home just like it did at work with IE. So I think you shouldn't change it and allow fake streams.

TEK2000

Reaction score
By the way, I didn't know any other way to try to get in touch with Romo, so I just emailed him at his player page at www.nflplayers.com

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=34915

I did the same thing and tried to email Dat Nguyen my Dat Tribute video but never recieved a response.

No response from Romo yet and I emailed him last night I think.

There's really no telling if that "email me" link actually goes to his email address or not. That page is pretty out of date.

JBS

Reaction score
This was by far the worst video I have ever seen.

NOT

Amazing my friend, flat out amazing.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
TEK2000;1526840 said:
By the way, I didn't know any other way to try to get in touch with Romo, so I just emailed him at his player page at www.nflplayers.com

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=34915

I did the same thing and tried to email Dat Nguyen my Dat Tribute video but never recieved a response.

No response from Romo yet and I emailed him last night I think.

There's really no telling if that "email me" link actually goes to his email address or not. That page is pretty out of date.

Perhaps you could send it to Valley Ranch via UPS or FEDEX care of Tony Romo on a DVD. Surely he would get it.

vlad

Reaction score
Thanks Tek, I knew it was familiar, just couldn't place it. Again, really, that was fantastic work...great drama

TEK2000

Reaction score
StarKist;1526876 said:
Perhaps you could send it to Valley Ranch via UPS or FEDEX care of Tony Romo on a DVD. Surely he would get it.

UHHH No, I don't want to Cowboys breathing down my neck. Rich Dalrymple has already "threatened" dcfanatic about the use of Brad Sham audio on his website.

I do appreciate the suggestion though man.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
TEK2000;1526886 said:
UHHH No, I don't want to Cowboys breathing down my neck. Rich Dalrymple has already "threatened" dcfanatic about the use of Brad Sham audio on his website.

Yeah thats true.

Got to tell you though TEK, I've watch it at least ten times and still get goose bumps. :D

arglebargle

Reaction score
Is this being hosted anywhere else? I am still getting a 143K avi file every time I try to download this clip, either link. Other clips by Tek download fine.... I am using IE and can't think of why it's doing this. Other than general Microsoft misbehavior.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TEK2000;1526821 said:
A great video player that, I believe, doesn't require the installation of codecs is the VLC Media Player from www.videolan.org. Its a small program and works great playing A LOT of different video/audio file formats.

It runs on Ubuntu also by running the following.

sudo apt-get install vlc

:)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Just watched it again. Tek2000, that is some incredible work. Better than ESPN, it feels like it's right out of NFL Flims.

TEK2000

Reaction score
nyc;1527077 said:
Just watched it again. Tek2000, that is some incredible work. Better than ESPN, it feels like it's right out of NFL Flims.

Thanks man! I'm literally shocked at all the comments this video is recieving like this. I felt like this was my best video yet, but didn't expect this much of a response.

:starspin Is it football season yet? :starspin

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TEK2000;1527162 said:
Thanks man! I'm literally shocked at all the comments this video is recieving like this. I felt like this was my best video yet, but didn't expect this much of a response.

:starspin Is it football season yet? :starspin
You know what it is man? You had a theme in mind for the video, not just footage. You showed the good and the bad. You used music that didn't detract from the video by making someone pay more attention to it than the footage. The video quality is simply top notch. So many of these are grainy. This one is not. You added some eye catching graphics like when Romo goes into the game.

In other words, this is not slapping a song onto some highlight footage and putting it out there. It follows a theme and gets you to that theme without a bump in the road.

It really is a class A job.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TEK2000;1526886 said:

Just send it anonymously using the address of the closest Walmart. ;)

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Hostile;1527178 said:
You used music that didn't detract from the video by making someone pay more attention to it than the footage.

I think it can be better described as "the music amplified the video's effect". Music combined with great visuals can provide a profound effects on someone just the way smell can enhance the flavor of food.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
nyc;1527223 said:
I think it can be better described as "the music amplified the video's effect". Music combined with great visuals can provide a profound effects on someone just the way smell can enhance the flavor of food.
:signmast:

What he said.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
TEK2000;1526821 said:
I use IE so I had no idea that Firefox had issues with my site. The .pl file is simply a script that counts each file download on my server. I just use it for the stats page on my site... kind of a "Top 25 list" for people that are not willing to download all videos but want to see the best/most downloaded videos.

As for the forced "right click" on my site, its simply something I did to make sure people didn't just keep playing the videos over and over again by clicking the links on my site. It forces you to SAVE the video rather than just "fake" stream it.
If this is a problem for a lot of people using Firefox, please let me know. I'll do away with it.

You could just put a note on the page to Firefox users, telling them that they either need to use another browser or use the "View in IE Tab" extension.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Hostile;1527178 said:
You know what it is man? You had a theme in mind for the video, not just footage. You showed the good and the bad. You used music that didn't detract from the video by making someone pay more attention to it than the footage. The video quality is simply top notch. So many of these are grainy. This one is not. You added some eye catching graphics like when Romo goes into the game.

In other words, this is not slapping a song onto some highlight footage and putting it out there. It follows a theme and gets you to that theme without a bump in the road.

It really is a class A job.

Hey this guys movie is top notch and outstanding no doubt. But you shouldn’t knock everyone else. You make a movie using crappy cable tv and no money to buy expensive programs/plug-ins. Plus he has a few years experience over some of us who are just getting started. So before you talk about slapping a song onto highlights consider those who have spent hours putting something together to share with fans.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Everlastingxxx;1527333 said:
Hey this guys movie is top notch and outstanding no doubt. But you shouldn’t knock everyone else. You make a movie using crappy cable tv and no money to buy expensive programs/plug-ins. Plus he has a few years experience over some of us who are just getting started. So before you talk about slapping a song onto highlights consider those who have spent hours putting something together to share with fans.

I think you took his statement the wrong way. I don't think he was attacking anyone else's efforts. He (like most everyone else) was WOWed by how great the production turned out.

It's like as if I were to take offence if someone said "Joe Satriani is the best guitarist in the world!" I wouldn't, but I would take it as a challenge! ;) At least I'm better than BrAinPaiNt! :p:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
AdamJT13;1527306 said:
You could just put a note on the page to Firefox users, telling them that they either need to use another browser or use the "View in IE Tab" extension.

What is the issue with Firefox? I used Firefox and Opera and I didn't have a problem... :confused: