Video: Wade shocked the world yesterday! - 12/16/08

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
landryscorner;2499504 said:
For everyone saying Bring Wade back, this is where I disagree, once again...soft WADE does not hold his players accountable for anything....
we are better off without wade on this team as a head coach, yes he's a good def cord so what, so are many other Head Coaches, Wade needs to go...

So fire the guy who has this defense playing at a high level and start over again on that side of the ball?

If Garrett doesn't get hired then your possibly switching O coordinators too?

Everyone having to learn new terminology and philosiphies... AGAIN...

Continuity is so under rated in sports. Especially by fans.

Getting rid of Wade is a Dan Snyder move all the way.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AKATheRake;2499687 said:
That big run for the TD that T.C had started more to the right and then T.C made a cut to the middle and ran up it, no LB's within that 5 yard vicinity. Once T.C was getting into the defensive backfield he cut to his left and went for the TD. That was more Gurode isolating the DT to the right side than Proctor. I don't see Garrett switching which side T.O and RW will be on and I don't see RW or T.O in motion or hot routed enough. They were in motion a couple of time againt NYG which is improving but they need to motion and hot route them to where the blitzes are coming from more often. This will back the blitzer off or leave a hole to pass too.

I know what it takes to create play action and I never said to do it in max protect. Marion Barber and T.C are interior runners by the way but as I stated in the prior post we can't get play action going becase we can't get a decen't running game going early enough and glad we can agree there. We don't utilize Bigg enough I feel and Tony can gallop for a few yards himself at times, and although I'm happy he's become a better pocket passer, he's not using his legs like he used to to get out of it when it's going to collapse or when he can get a quick 5 yards.

It's another element defenses had to gameplan for that we are not utilizing anymore. That's Garrett, not Tony. The blocking schemes and original play calls are Garrett, not Tony. The hot routes and not reading the field right is Tony. Good defenses like we faced will do that to QB's but our OC has to call plays with the flow of the game that keep them honest and expose their weakness' as well. The Steeler's game I didn't see those adjustments. Until the 2 1/2 qtr against NYG I didn't either. If Wades defense doesn't keep the game close, which is his job, we fall behind greatly and that's when Tony forces things.

We're not a good interior run team, and that falls on the offensive line. I'll grant you that TC is a good interior runner, especially on those draws where he's so hard to locate coming through the line. Barber actually is a better back when he runs laterally and then exploits a hole or makes a defender miss. And in short yardage. But he's not really a guy who makes his money running inside.

However you want to say it, that TC touchdown doesn't happen if Proctor hadn't beaten his man. He even held him a bit, to-boot.

I'd have a huge problem with Garrett running Tony more, especially given that he's only recently shed the splint. In last week's game, the Crayton touchdown is a good example of why you don't just tuck and scramble. We've got way too many playmakers downfield not to be looking for them the whole time.

When you don't have time in the backfield, you're limited in what you can do and have to rely on your players to win their matchups. The more you do that, the more time you buy yourself on the other end. It's just tough to win your matchups when the other teams as good as you are.

I agree that it seems like we're not as aggressive in play calling as we were last year. Right after turnovers, for example, we should be going downfield immediately to cash it all in. We don't run enough slants to slot receivers, and (and I haven't even looked at the numbers for this) it sure doesn't feel like we're making blitzing teams pay by gouging them behind their linebackers like we did in the past. The first two of those items are play calling issues. Still, though, this offense is pretty effective and we're playing right now as good as any team in the league. We'd be blowing out mediocre teams if there were any of them left on our schedule, and we're going toe to toe with legitimate Superbowl contenders. It's hard to complain too much.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
CATCH17;2499738 said:
So fire the guy who has this defense playing at a high level and start over again on that side of the ball?

If Garrett doesn't get hired then your possibly switching O coordinators too?

Everyone having to learn new terminology and philosiphies... AGAIN...

Continuity is so under rated in sports. Especially by fans.

Getting rid of Wade is a Dan Snyder move all the way.

One answer for Garrett. Norv Turner. This is Ernie Zampese's system they are trying to emulate from the early 90's while Norv was the OC. Norv learned it from Zampese, Garret learned it from Norv. We'll see if Norv is a head coach next year.

I think Garrett may improve though. We'll see these next 2 games. I think the Pittsburgh game and the first 2 halfs of the NYG game are starting to wake him up. I salivate at the possibilities of both the offensive and defensive units coming out with that killer instinct and close during the same game. We're getting close, but if we don't get there it's because Garrett remains a 1 trick poney that can't call plays to have all of this dynamic talent impose their will on defenses. The player's don't execute? Well the talent is there so their not focused, aren't mentally peaking and have no cohesion if they can't execute. That comes down to preparation which comes from leadership which comes from top notch coaching.

Does Garrett know how to get an offense to perform at its best in the big games and in crunch time? We don't know yet but we only need this year to find out after last years progressions. This is the difference between a coordinator, a great coordinator and a HC in this league. How to get your side of the package firing on all cylinders in just games and how to get the whole package firing on all cylinders in the big games. We know Wades an exceptional coordinator in a HC's position. We know Garrett is an OC in a coordinators position but how great of a coordinator is he? Can Wade get the whole package firing on all cylinders in the big games? Not just the defensive part of the package?

Remember when Justin Tuck a month ago said the G-Men wanted us at full strength instead of starting with Brad Johnson? We tought it was cocky but that's the mentality they had at that point and they played like it. That's the mentality of the heavy weight chamipon of the world. Those guys wanted the best the league had to offer every game because they felt they would grind and impose their will by the end of the game on even the best teams. We impose our will on the Seahawks and almost did against San Fran, 2 wimps. We had Arizona and St.Louis impose their will on us. But I tell you what, this team is really starting to get it because we were very close to imposing our will on the G-Men and we just didn't close on blitzburgh. We need to impose our will on Baltimore and crave battles against the best. Their offense has no reason to be in the game with us so it's up to our offense to take their will, their defense from them. We get to Philly when we get to them. Now is when we need to get very close to our peak. Game 16 we should be there.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
5Countem5;2499125 said:
:laugh2: Proctor sucks but your penchant for complaining is way out there- AGAIN.

On Play 1 - Was Proctor responsible for all 3 of those guys that sacked Romo? If so, I think the Houck needs to change up responsibilities and get him some help. Where's the condemnation of the other linemen?

On Play - I count no less than 7 defenders within 3 yards of the hole. Are you saying the failure of that play was HIS responsibility? If he had not been pushed back would the play have been successful? Where's the condemnation of the other linemen?

Play 3 - He waited on the snap count- like he has been coached his whole career. Wow.....

When Wade says something, blogboy, you might want to remember that he has forgot more about football than you know.

all of that being said, but when he's getting forklifted into the qb. thats something else, everybody makes mistakes. just so happen the whole left side of the Oline did....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2499687 said:
That big run for the TD that T.C had started more to the right and then T.C made a cut to the middle and ran up it, no LB's within that 5 yard vicinity. Once T.C was getting into the defensive backfield he cut to his left and went for the TD.
Again, that is simply not true. Watch the video again and note where the LOS is.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
BLEU3ASY;2499826 said:
all of that being said, but when he's getting forklifted into the qb. thats something else, everybody makes mistakes. just so happen the whole left side of the Oline did....

LOL.

That's his new nickname.

'Forklift' Procter.

Thanks.
:lmao2:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Idgit;2499748 said:
We're not a good interior run team, and that falls on the offensive line. I'll grant you that TC is a good interior runner, especially on those draws where he's so hard to locate coming through the line. Barber actually is a better back when he runs laterally and then exploits a hole or makes a defender miss. And in short yardage. But he's not really a guy who makes his money running inside.

However you want to say it, that TC touchdown doesn't happen if Proctor hadn't beaten his man. He even held him a bit, to-boot.

I'd have a huge problem with Garrett running Tony more, especially given that he's only recently shed the splint. In last week's game, the Crayton touchdown is a good example of why you don't just tuck and scramble. We've got way too many playmakers downfield not to be looking for them the whole time.

When you don't have time in the backfield, you're limited in what you can do and have to rely on your players to win their matchups. The more you do that, the more time you buy yourself on the other end. It's just tough to win your matchups when the other teams as good as you are.

I agree that it seems like we're not as aggressive in play calling as we were last year. Right after turnovers, for example, we should be going downfield immediately to cash it all in. We don't run enough slants to slot receivers, and (and I haven't even looked at the numbers for this) it sure doesn't feel like we're making blitzing teams pay by gouging them behind their linebackers like we did in the past. The first two of those items are play calling issues. Still, though, this offense is pretty effective and we're playing right now as good as any team in the league. We'd be blowing out mediocre teams if there were any of them left on our schedule, and we're going toe to toe with legitimate Superbowl contenders. It's hard to complain too much.

Absolutely after the turnovers be aggressive to take momentum back and get us back in the game. I'm not looking for Romo to pull Micheal Vick and tuck and run. No way. Not run much but there were times he knew that pocket was going to collapse and was just moving around inside of it to buy more time, which he should do but only for so long. Romo is one of the best at throwing on the run and if we utilize that a bit more the defense doesn't know where he is going to be all the time. It's better to get out of the pocket and throw to the sidelines or tuck the ball away and run than stay in the pocket with the ball exposed.

There have been more turnover's than Crayton TD's because of Romo holding onto the play too long in a collapsing pocket. You're point about waiting out for the play is also very valid and I agree with it also but he has to feel that pocket collapsing like he used to and use those feet whether to buy more time, get out of the pocket to throw the ball out of bounds or to run for some yards or throw the TD.

As we can see, under the circumstances of the pocket collapsing Romo has 3 more positive options as opposed to 1 positive, finally getting the open WR he waited for, and 2 negative, getting sacked or fumbling when the ball is exposed.

P.S: I also agree that we're not running so well in the middle of our opposition interior. That's because of the o-lines blocking like you stated but also we don't have much of an outside running game with Felix on IR. We were running much more effectively throughout the interior and outside the first quarter of the season because teams couldn't just focus on the interior. LB's catch upto Barber when he goes East West. When he doesn't pop up in the middle he is mostly effective off the tackle where he can still set up to knock a defender back after hitting the right gap between either the guard and tackle or just outside the tackle between the TE which is usually our blocking personnel.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2499835 said:
Again, that is simply not true. Watch the video again and note where the LOS is.

No problem, I'll watch the video again my friend. How bout you provide me your link so that I can watch your version since what I saw on T.V seems to fail me? Which part of:

"That big run for the TD that T.C had started more to the right and then T.C made a cut to the middle and ran up it, no LB's within that 5 yard vicinity. Once T.C was getting into the defensive backfield he cut to his left and went for the TD."

is untrue so that I can focus on it? My recollection shows T.C starting out more to the right than the left and then running up the middle where no LB tackled him within that first 5 yards and then he cuts to the left once a safety moves up. Please provide the link kind Sir.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
adbutcher;2499086 said:
If you take the entire sum of the game and not just three plays it becomes obvious that Proctor had his best game of the season. We had roughly 50 plus snaps (without looking it up) and he had several key blocks during some pivitol points in the game. His blocks sprung TC on some nice runs in the running game and on some screen plays. Is Proctor our best OL? No, not by a long shot but on Sunday he definitely contributed to the win.

Thank you. While Proctor did have 3 plays in the first qtr that made me cringe, he was not the worst player in that qtr by far. Give that to either Davis or Colombo. I've thought Colombo was one of our better OL. Not Sunday night. BTW, on the one play they are calling out Proctor for allowing a bull rush, Davis and Colombo allow the outside rusher in on Romo untouched. He forces Romo up into the pocket and Davis's guy and Proctors guy finishes him off. Of course Madden called Proctor out so everyone jumps on him. He did get beat but at least he tried to block his guy. Davis got beat badly and Colombo tries to block the wrong guy. And doesn't.

I don't know why they couldn't figure out how to handle that zone blitz and stunting but at least they took them out of it. A little late but the screens did hurt them badly so at least better late than never.

Put the camera and highlite on those two in the first qtr and see what people think.

Proctor is not a starting quality OL. He's also capable of being serviceable.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2499904 said:
Thank you. While Proctor did have 3 plays in the first qtr that made me cringe, he was not the worst player in that qtr by far. Give that to either Davis or Colombo. I've thought Colombo was one of our better OL. Not Sunday night. BTW, on the one play they are calling out Proctor for allowing a bull rush, Davis and Colombo allow the outside rusher in on Romo untouched. He forces Romo up into the pocket and Davis's guy and Proctors guy finishes him off. Of course Madden called Proctor out so everyone jumps on him. He did get beat but at least he tried to block his guy. Davis got beat badly and Colombo tries to block the wrong guy. And doesn't.

I don't know why they couldn't figure out how to handle that zone blitz and stunting but at least they took them out of it. A little late but the screens did hurt them badly so at least better late than never.

Put the camera and highlite on those two in the first qtr and see what people think.

Trust me. I didn't need Madden calling 'Forklift' out the other night to alert me that he stinks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2499110 said:
That was just three plays from the highlights of the game.

They were also two other plays where his man went right around him. Once it was Tuck, whom the Giants lined up on him knowing that he stinks, and I think the other time it was Wynn or Tolefson.

The point is that no one on the line deserved to be named in the presser.

It's another example of Wade trying to sugar coat everything. That act is old already and it's unnecessary at this point in time. We get it Wade, you love the players.

Or perhaps it was a case of trying to give the third string guy some confidence.

This is something BP did often.
He'd criticize good players and build up crappy ones.

Proctor wouldn't be third string if he was any good and Wade may love his players but he didn't love Proctor enough to keep him above third string.

Wade has handled this all well imho.

Any coach who waylays into a third stringer is a bully and total loser at life.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2499893 said:
No problem, I'll watch the video again my friend. How bout you provide me your link so that I can watch your version since what I saw on T.V seems to fail me? Which part of:

"That big run for the TD that T.C had started more to the right and then T.C made a cut to the middle and ran up it, no LB's within that 5 yard vicinity. Once T.C was getting into the defensive backfield he cut to his left and went for the TD."

is untrue so that I can focus on it? My recollection shows T.C starting out more to the right than the left and then running up the middle where no LB tackled him within that first 5 yards and then he cuts to the left once a safety moves up. Please provide the link kind Sir.

He does make a step toward the right and away from the QB and handoff but then cuts it directly into the hole created by Gurode, the FB and Proctor. All three made good blocks. The play was designed to go between the center and the LG. Proctor immediately takes his guy to his left and Gurode takes his guy the other way. TC ran to the hole.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jobberone;2499904 said:

If we're talking about the time when Tony got sacked in our end zone Proctor doesn't even get out of his stance. Try to block his guy? The defense was behind the LOS and Proctor was still in his stance. That's why Madden picks on him. Not sure Davis and Colombo where just standing there frozen but you are right, their guy got behind pretty quick too. Proctor is a liability. He gets out maneuvered and out muscled. He's not very alert either. You can't have all of that uncertainty protecting your QB 50 snaps a game.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jobberone;2499912 said:
He does make a step toward the right and away from the QB and handoff but then cuts it directly into the hole created by Gurode, the FB and Proctor. All three made good blocks. The play was designed to go between the center and the LG. Proctor immediately takes his guy to his left and Gurode takes his guy the other way. TC ran to the hole.

Yes, exactly what I see. But that was more Gurode containing the DT to his right than this "great pulling play" Proctor apparently executes to spring this run. Yes of course Proctor had to hold up against his man but he was not the star o-lineman on that play that some of these great guys are making him out to be.

I did not see Proctor do anything exceptional in this game. I don't even see how Wade decides to give out an award? You want to give out an award for the game Wade? You're to classy a guy to do it but give it to yourself. If not Demarcus Ware, Terrence Newman or T.C. That's where an award should be going.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2499910 said:
Or perhaps it was a case of trying to give the third string guy some confidence.

This is something BP did often.
He'd criticize good players and build up crappy ones.

Proctor wouldn't be third string if he was any good and Wade may love his players but he didn't love Proctor enough to keep him above third string.

Wade has handled this all well imho.

Any coach who waylays into a third stringer is a bully and total loser at life.

You got me.

Except for the fact that he could give him the offensive lineman award 100 times a day for all I care.

He needs to let us know this at the presser?

We are now in preemptive strike mode for bad players?

The players now need coddling thru the media by giving them credit for 'not playing like crap'?

How about someone just coaches him better and teaches him how to lower his base a little so he has some 'weight' to handle a DL.

Good ol' Wade.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AKATheRake;2499928 said:
If we're talking about the time when Tony got sacked in our end zone Proctor doesn't even get out of his stance. Try to block his guy? The defense was behind the LOS and Proctor was still in his stance. That's why Madden picks on him. Not sure Davis and Colombo where just standing there frozen but you are right, their guy got behind pretty quick too. Proctor is a liability. He gets out maneuvered and out muscled. He's not very alert either. You can't have all of that uncertainty protecting your QB 50 snaps a game.

Wrong play. And while Proctor should have tried to block someone he's not the bad guy on the play. The ball was prematurely snapped. He's not the only one not moving. If you guys want to make him a scapegoat go ahead. But the problem is deeper than Proctor who had a good game after the first qtr. None of the OL picked up the zone blitzing at first.

If you guys want to say Proctor got bull rushed one play and let his guy beat him with a swim move on another during the first qtr then you're right.

Look at the game without an agenda and watch the OL. It will worry you more than having Proctor in the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jobberone;2499944 said:
Wrong play. And while Proctor should have tried to block someone he's not the bad guy on the play. The ball was prematurely snapped. He's not the only one not moving. If you guys want to make him a scapegoat go ahead. But the problem is deeper than Proctor who had a good game after the first qtr. None of the OL picked up the zone blitzing at first.

If you guys want to say Proctor got bull rushed one play and let his guy beat him with a swim move on another during the first qtr then you're right.

Look at the game without an agenda and watch the OL. It will worry you more than having Proctor in the game.

I agree. Proctor for all his faults was not at fault on that play. No one looked like they expected the ball to be snapped. On the night Tuck had 4 tackles and 1/2 a sack so how bad did Tuck really abuse Proctor? I would love to have Kosier or Holland in the game instead of Proctor but as I said before I don't know any team who is going 3 deep on the O-line and not have some problems

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2499949 said:
I agree. Proctor for all his faults was not at fault on that play. No one looked like they expected the ball to be snapped. On the night Tuck had 4 tackles and 1/2 a sack so how bad did Tuck really abuse Proctor? I would love to have Kosier or Holland in the game instead of Proctor but as I said before I don't know any team who is going 3 deep on the O-line and not have some problems

That half sack was the safety I believe also. So even then it was a unearned sack for Tuck.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2499942 said:
You got me.

Except for the fact that he could give him the offensive lineman award 100 times a day for all I care.

He needs to let us know this at the presser?

We are now in preemptive strike mode for bad players?

The players now need coddling thru the media by giving them credit for 'not playing like crap'?

How about someone just coaches him better and teaches him how to lower his base a little so he has some 'weight' to handle a DL.

Good ol' Wade.

I think Wade is just trying to build his confidence up but you're 110 % more right than Wade is in your assessment and how Proctors play should have been handled/criticized. Good play in this league gets W's and W's get the championship, the fame/glory and the fat pay checks. Coddling a liability isn't going to get this team any of that good stuff.

Constructive criticism, better preparation and hitting some weights would go a lot further than lying to the guy and the media. Wade looked pretty foolish if you ask me. Jason Tuck? I bet you he made this statement on Garrett's sarcastic/set up recommendation and didn't realize it was a joke. I'm hoping Wade knew better and just thinks this is a way to help Proctor, even though it isn't, LOL!

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2499949 said:

When the ball is snapped early it is solely on the center. Lord forbids but if Romo would have gotten hurt even by the Protocologist's man it would have still been on the center. They can try all they want but it is ill refutable.