Video: Wade shocked the world yesterday! - 12/16/08

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jobberone;2499944 said:
Wrong play. And while Proctor should have tried to block someone he's not the bad guy on the play. The ball was prematurely snapped. He's not the only one not moving. If you guys want to make him a scapegoat go ahead. But the problem is deeper than Proctor who had a good game after the first qtr. None of the OL picked up the zone blitzing at first.

If you guys want to say Proctor got bull rushed one play and let his guy beat him with a swim move on another during the first qtr then you're right.

Look at the game without an agenda and watch the OL. It will worry you more than having Proctor in the game.

No problem my friend. Thanks for clarifying which play you were talking about. The only agenda I have for Proctor is for him to get better. Not looking for a scapegoat especially when we won an extremely important game. I do refuse to make an excuse for him because others stunk during that particular play where Romo gets sacked in our end zone.

It is inexcuseable whether the ball gets snapped early, late or whatever that our LG stays in his stance even after the defense is behind our o-line and actually in our end zone. The guy was totally oblivious on that play and showed no presence of awareness. That's what scares me.

It scares me even more that other lineman have poor lapses too. But don't give this guy an award after the game. That's really the point of this thread and not to make Proctor a scapegoat during a game we won. Send in Holland anytime and you will see an instant improvement of how that left side plays. If Wade can't constructively criticize these guys how can they improve? That's the even bigger picture I think DC is trying to express in this thread.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
nyc;2499956 said:
That half sack was the safety I believe also. So even then it was a unearned sack for Tuck.

Well then place the blame where it belongs which is on Gurode. He snapped the ball ahead of time, the RB did not move on the play and the entire line did not react. I'm not trying to make Proctor out to be some great lineman but on that play it was not on Proctor. As for his play he did a better job with help in the 2nd half of the game not great but Romo was getting more time and we were able to do a bit more in the running game.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2499988 said:
Well then place the blame where it belongs which is on Gurode. He snapped the ball ahead of time, the RB did not move on the play and the entire line did not react. I'm not trying to make Proctor out to be some great lineman but on that play it was not on Proctor. As for his play he did a better job with help in the 2nd half of the game not great but Romo was getting more time and we were able to do a bit more in the running game.

That's what is required if he is in the game. The RB or TE to move over there and help block. Garrett needs to make sure of this in choosing his plays and personnel as does Tony needs to be aware of this when orchestrating alignments before the snap.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500000 said:
That's what is required if he is in the game. The RB or TE to move over there and help block. Garrett needs to make sure of this in choosing his plays and personnel as does Tony needs to be aware of this when orchestrating alignments before the snap.

When the Center snaps the ball before he should the line has no way to know and once the ball was snapped Proctor had no chance in hell of stopping Tuck the RB could not have prevented it. Gurode is a pro bowl player he should know what the damn snap count is on. I have no issue handing out blame but blame the right man it was not Garrett it was not the RB it was not Proctor it was Gurode cut and dry.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I don't know how Colombo and Bigg are getting flack on that play in the end zone, they rected to their players. That's on Gurode, Proctor and the RB that play. But Proctor just sits in his stance. At least Gurode is trying to block someone as is Flo. The RB has to pick up who get past the guard there and there's 2 defenders coming through with the guard not reacting. The RB is supposed to react off of the LG's actions when helping him to block but Proctor doesn't move. Between a bad snap and Proctor's lack of awareness sure the RB has a hard time figuring out which guy to block.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500014 said:
I don't know how Colombo and Bigg are getting flack on that play in the end zone, they rected to their players. That's on Gurode, Proctor and the RB that play. But Proctor just sits in his stance. At least Gurode is trying to block someone as is Flo. The RB has to pick up who get past the guard there and there's 2 defenders coming through with the guard not reacting. The RB is supposed to react off of the LG's actions when helping him to block but Proctor doesn't move. Between a bad snap and Proctor's lack of awareness sure the RB has a hard time figuring out which guy to block.

Gurode tried to block? He was the one snapping it I hope to hell he was trying to block as for Flo and Davis yes they got out of their stance late and their men were by them. Simple solution is for Gurode to snap the ball at the proper count he screw up

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody know what the OL is instructed to do, really, in these situations? I can see them staying in place if they're told to in order to make the call of Unabated to the QB more obvious. It may have been that Proctor didn't know the ball was snapped, but he stayed put for the snap count thinking the defense had leapt offsides.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2500007 said:
When the Center snaps the ball before he should the line has no way to know and once the ball was snapped Proctor had no chance in hell of stopping Tuck the RB could not have prevented it. Gurode is a pro bowl player he should know what the damn snap count is on. I have no issue handing out blame but blame the right man it was not Garrett it was not the RB it was not Proctor it was Gurode cut and dry.

Not Garrett's fault, not the RB's fault. Definitely Gurode's fault but the point of that play is that Proctor doesn't even get out of his stance with no whistle being blown and 2 defenders knifing through, even while Gurode and Flo are trying to block. His alertness is being questioned on that play where yes Gurode started it. I don't see Bigg or Colombo just standing there.

Gurode is always a problem on snaps whether they are too high or his count is off. Only reason he makes the probowl is because he's a monster blocking. You're right about Gurode and I'm one of the first to complain about his snapping.

Proctor's not the type of guy you want in there 50 or so snaps a game though and he definitely didn't deserve an award after the game. Wade also needs to offer constructive criticism as opposed to coddling behind media camera's. This is my point and what I feel is also the OP's point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Idgit;2500033 said:
Anybody know what the OL is instructed to do, really, in these situations? I can see them staying in place if they're told to in order to make the call of Unabated to the QB more obvious. It may have been that Proctor didn't know the ball was snapped, but he stayed put for the snap count thinking the defense had leapt offsides.

Hell Flo let Kiwanuka get right on by and both Tuck and Kiwanuka were both on Romo yet Proctor is the one catching hell? Gurode screw up you want blame then at least blame the right guy. This agenda driven mindset around here is just BS. No one has claimed Proctor as a stud player he is a 3rd string player Gurode and Flo are not yet where is the blame

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d55f51

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2500051 said:
Hell Flo let Kiwanuka get right on by and both Tuck and Kiwanuka were both on Romo yet Proctor is the one catching hell? Gurode screw up you want blame then at least blame the right guy. This agenda driven mindset around here is just BS. No one has claimed Proctor as a stud player he is a 3rd string player Gurode and Flo are not yet where is the blame

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d55f51

Did you quote me on accident? I'm not bashing Proctor. I'm more or less defending him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500038 said:
Not Garrett's fault, not the RB's fault. Definitely Gurode's fault but the point of that play is that Proctor doesn't even get out of his stance with no whistle being blown and 2 defenders knifing through, even while Gurode and Flo are trying to block. His alertness is being questioned on that play where yes Gurode started it. I don't see Bigg or Colombo just standing there.

Gurode is always a problem on snaps whether they are too high or his count is off. Only reason he makes the probowl is because he's a monster blocking. You're right about Gurode and I'm one of the first to complain about his snapping.

Proctor's not the type of guy you want in there 50 or so snaps a game though and he definitely didn't deserve an award after the game. Wade also needs to offer constructive criticism as opposed to coddling behind media camera's. This is my point and what I feel is also the OP's point.

Look at the video not many were moving on the play. Proctor is a 3rd string player these other guys are not. I expect a hell of alot more out of them than I do any 3rd string player. As for Wade coddling him you are taking 1 play from a 3rd string player who for the most part did a better job in the 2nd half of the game.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Idgit;2500033 said:

That is the most positive perspective we could look at Proctors play during that snap and is one that has crossed my mind as other perspectives. I am hoping that is the case but what worries me is 2 guys get back there, no whistle is blown and he has Gurode and Flo trying to block beside him.

Another perspective is this guy closes his eyes when they are counting to hear better or maybe some sweat got into his eyes to close them. We will never know both ways and they are both positive and negative perspectives that are very possible. He still needs to protect his QB when 2 guys are behind him and the whistle isn't blown. I want alert players protecting our QB.

Anyone tells me Colombo and Bigg don't move and try to block as well as Gurode and Flo on that play aren't seeing things clearly. I'm not saying they were effective, obviously they weren't, but they were alert enough to make an attempt at blocking for their QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500069 said:
That is the most positive perspective we could look at Proctors play during that snap and is one that has crossed my mind as other perspectives. I am hoping that is the case but what worries me is 2 guys get back there, no whistle is blown and he has Gurode and Flo trying to block beside him.

Another perspective is this guy closes his eyes when they are counting to hear better or maybe some sweat got into his eyes to close them. We will never know both ways and they are both positive and negative perspectives that are very possible. He still needs to protect his QB when 2 guys are behind him and the whistle isn't blown. I want alert players protecting our QB.

Anyone tells me Colombo and Bigg don't move and try to block as well as Gurode and Flo on that play aren't seeing things clearly. I'm not saying they were effective, obviously they weren't, but they were alert enough to make an attempt at blocking for their QB.

Flo let his man go scott free what are you talking about Kiwanuka and Tuck both got to Romo about the same time.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AKATheRake;2500069 said:

Honestly, I have no idea what could have happened, but it's just too weird to think he'd intentionally stay in his stance with all that nonsense going on behind him.

Either way, botching the snap count on your own goal line is the kind of think that just can't happen on this team if we're going to go anywhere. I don't know what the problem with the line is, but we've definitely taken a step back from last year. That play could have almost ended our season, and it's exactly the kind of inattention to detail that a lot of fans have been complaining about this year.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2500077 said:
Flo let his man go scott free what are you talking about Kiwanuka and Tuck both got to Romo about the same time.

Like I said, they were not effective and Flo was the worst of the attempted blockers that were ineffective. Yup his man got through to but Flo moved at least. I'm not making an excuse for Flo but he depends on the LG a bit because of his bad right ear that he doesn't hear out of. Flo was slow to block and that's why his guy gets through but he at least got out of his stance realizing a play was going on. Proctor is sitting there still in his stance with Tony Romo in the end zone and 2 guys on top of him. He never realized at any point that a play went on till the refs blew the whistle it seemed.

Listen, are you saying Proctor was alert that play? That he did the right thing? I criticized the others for ineffective blocking, poor snapping and being untimely. Gurode started this mess and Proctor wasn't alert enough to even try to block for his QB more so than any other player on the line. You want to refute this then go ahead but I won't waste my time. Proctor did not deserve an award after the game and the guy is not te typeof lineman you want in there for 50 snaps a game. You want him keep him folks! KeepProctor around and coddle him. When Holland gets healthy keep Proctor in instead. You guys defend Proctor on this? Howmany seconds after the snapwas this guy in his stance while the whistle was never blown to make the play dead? Go ask yourselves that? No one deserves an awardon that line. Proctor was not the best lineman during that game either. If you think so it's your right but I can't accept this guy.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500119 said:
Like I said, they were not effective and Flo was the worst of the attempted blockers that were ineffective. Yup his man got through to but Flo moved at least. I'm not making an excuse for Flo but he depends on the LG a bit because of his bad right ear that he doesn't hear out of. Flo was slow to block and that's why his guy gets through but he at least got out of his stance realizing a play was going on. Proctor is sitting there still in his stance with Tony Romo in the end zone and 2 guys on top of him. He never realized at any point that a play went on till the refs blew the whistle it seemed.

Listen, are you saying Proctor was alert that play? That he did the right thing? I criticized the others for ineffective blocking, poor snapping and being untimely. Gurode started this mess and Proctor wasn't alert enough to even try to block for his QB more so than any other player on the line. You want to refute this then go ahead but I won't waste my time. Proctor did not deserve an award after the game and the guy is not te typeof lineman you want in there for 50 snaps a game. You want him keep him folks! KeepProctor around and coddle him. When Holland gets healthy keep Proctor in instead. You guys defend Proctor on this? Howmany seconds after the snapwas this guy in his stance while the whistle was never blown to make the play dead? Go ask yourselves that? No one deserves an awardon that line. Proctor was not the best lineman during that game either. If you think so it's your right but I can't accept this guy.

I'm saying the blame goes on Gurode that was going to be a safety no matter what Proctor did or did not do. As for wanting Proctor I would rather have starter Koiser but he is injured I would love to have Holland back but he too is injured when talking 3rd string no team is going to be able to put much of a player in that spot. I'm being realistic not agenda driven because I don't know of any team who can pull 3rd string players out of their butts and have them play solid.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Idgit;2500101 said:
Honestly, I have no idea what could have happened, but it's just too weird to think he'd intentionally stay in his stance with all that nonsense going on behind him.

Either way, botching the snap count on your own goal line is the kind of think that just can't happen on this team if we're going to go anywhere. I don't know what the problem with the line is, but we've definitely taken a step back from last year. That play could have almost ended our season, and it's exactly the kind of inattention to detail that a lot of fans have been complaining about this year.

Totally agreed! 1110 % agreed! Garrett and Houck have to get together and get these guys in line. Garrett designs the blocking schemes with Houck and Houck coaches these guys up to the necessary standards. If these guys don't respond to the coaching and get their act together then we have to look at alternatives. These guys did not do well aainst the zone blitz early on and that's because they were obviously not prepared for it until the saw it ad had a chanceto adjust half time to it.

You're right, and I said it in a earlier post. We're lucky Romo's our starting QB right now after that play. Like I said earlier as well, if he got hurt or we gave up a TD there people wuld want both Gurode and Proctor's head. Proctors been a joke every game where sure he's an easier scapegoat regardless of Gurode being the knuckle head he usually is during snapping the ball. Last year it was always over the QB's head, now it's poor timing in his snaps. No doubt they need to work with Gurode. But at least Gurode can block and could play a decent LG where the snapping won't come into play. That's why Parcells wanted Gurode to play LG but was forced to puthim at center because ALJohnson would get blown up.

Proctor is going to get blown up regardless at center or guard. He doesn't have the physical ability to improve to the point where he could play 50 snaps a game. The mental aspect you can work on but this guy is not alert. I doubt he's here next year unless it's to strictly back up center which I wouldn't want to do. I would like to get rid of most of the backups draft picksor not. I think Holland was an awesome snag for a 5th. Him or Kosier are exceptional 2nd options at LG and solid starters.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Doomsday101;2500125 said:
I'm saying the blame goes on Gurode that was going to be a safety no matter what Proctor did or did not do. As for wanting Proctor I would rather have starter Koiser but he is injured I would love to have Holland back but he too is injured when talking 3rd string no team is going to be able to put much of a player in that spot. I'm being realistic not agenda driven because I don't know of any team who can pull 3rd string players out of their butts and have them play solid.

I earlier agreed to the 3rd string sentiment ans still do. I agree that the play was going to be at least a safety because of Gurode's early snap and mistake. However I will not fathom Proctor not even getting out of his stance until the whistle was blown while even a guy with an inoperative right ear was alert enough to at least move, albeit late, and try to do something. Proctor had to feel and hear those 2 guys going by him.

This isn't the only play that showcases below average playing either. When the guy does get engaged in play he's getting blown around the whole field. He's let guys run by him before as well. They have to comeup with a contingency. I'm not making the big bucks to tell you what it is but it's not Proctor whether we wantto make excuses for him or not. Tony gets wacked say bye bye to the season folks. Wade telling everyone he's a 3rd stringer that deserves and award isn't going to stich that up. It's a liability and we don't need it around here. Get rid of Barbie Carpenter too, he reaks of underachievement and I don't want him around Tony. Lol! :p:

pancakeman

Reaction score
Idgit;2500033 said:

That's an interesting point.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2500161 said:
I earlier agreed to the 3rd string sentiment ans still do. I agree that the play was going to be at least a safety because of Gurode's early snap and mistake. However I will not fathom Proctor not even getting out of his stance until the whistle was blown while even a guy with an inoperative right ear was alert enough to at least move, albeit late, and try to do something. Proctor had to feel and hear those 2 guys going by him.

This isn't the only play that showcases below average playing either. When the guy does get engaged in play he's getting blown around the whole field. He's let guys run by him before as well. They have to comeup with a contingency. I'm not making the big bucks to tell you what it is but it's not Proctor whether we wantto make excuses for him or not. Tony gets wacked say bye bye to the season folks. Wade telling everyone he's a 3rd stringer that deserves and award isn't going to stich that up. It's a liability and we don't need it around here. Get rid of Barbie Carpenter too, he reaks of underachievement and I don't want him around Tony. Lol! :p:

As I said if it were easy to put a 3rd string in and not miss a beat life would be grand that is not reality. Proctor did play bad in some plays but if you go back and look he also had some good plays where he held his own. I wish we did not have to deal with injuries but we do and the Cowboys will have to make the most of it.