Vinatieri and CBA

sago1

Reaction score
I'd hope Cowboys think about signing Vinetarie or they better be planning to sign another good PK real quick. In Archer's column he said Cowboys were prepared to move today if FA hadn't been delayed for 3 more days. I'm hoping that means we already have 1-2 players (including PK) here already or coming to Dallas asap to be signed as soon as physical, etc., is done. If new CBA announced, will they still hold on FA until Sunday midnight?

ravidubey

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
They have Tom Brady and play in one of the worst divisions in football. The Cowboys would have won the AFC East last year as well and they have Brady's backup. I just said to keep an eye on it. Sooner or later - Super Bowls or no Super Bowls - players are going to want to get paid.

This is all true. Tom Brady is the best QB in the league. He allows New England to bring in interchangeable parts on the OL and at WR. Graham is a playmaker at TE, and RB's are easy enough to find.

The key players New England can't win without are Tom Brady and Richard Seymour. The next tier is Viniateri, Vrabel, and Bruschi. It's no coincidence that NE went from 5-11 to the Superbowl the year that both Seymour and Brady became starters.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Didn't JJ say something about not wanting to sign big time kickers, but normal VET kickers?

garyv

Reaction score
Even though the offer is a little over 2 Million a season I would not have any problem if the Cowboys offered something in the area of 2.5 to 2.7 million for a three year deal. A field goal kicker of his magnitude could be 2 or 3 extra wins for the Cowboys with the type of Defense they are building. Instead of finishing 8-8 or 9-7 a kicker of his ability could propel them to an 11-5 Record or possibly 12-4 if the Cards fall right. Well worth a 3 year deal at 7 to 8 Mil.

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
garyv said:
Even though the offer is a little over 2 Million a season I would not have any problem if the Cowboys offered something in the area of 2.5 to 2.7 million for a three year deal. A field goal kicker of his magnitude could be 2 or 3 extra wins for the Cowboys with the type of Defense they are building. Instead of finishing 8-8 or 9-7 a kicker of his ability could propel them to an 11-5 Record or possibly 12-4 if the Cards fall right. Well worth a 3 year deal at 7 to 8 Mil.
AGREED:bow:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
TruBlue,
I knew that this info was made public today. I got it early this morning from someone. I don't read the Boston Herald but it doesn't surprise me that it's in there. Not everything I get is going to be weeks in advance. That's why I started the post off with..."You guys may already know this."

Not a good start dooms - predicting news that has been out in the media locally for a while...... There are some google whizzes here and some of us that live here:cool:

Vinateri all along was an odds on favorite to resign with Pats with CBA extension. With CBA not approved tomorrow - the odds of Pats resigning dramatically diminish.

BigDPlayer

Reaction score
Well, the players may have caved but it is sounding more and more like the owners are the ones doing the infighting now.

I tell you, if the Cardinal and Saint owners drag this league down to the level of their pitiful organizations, well, what a waste!

Mansta54

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
TruBlue,
I knew that this info was made public today. I got it early this morning from someone. I don't read the Boston Herald but it doesn't surprise me that it's in there. Not everything I get is going to be weeks in advance. That's why I started the post off with..."You guys may already know this."

Dude keep the info coming, it's appreciated by most of us here.. Thanks again!!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54 said:
Dude keep the info coming, it's appreciated by most of us here.. Thanks again!!!

mansta - dooms also broke major news on CBA agreement the other day here and status of deal!!!!!

I'm with you 1000% - keep it coming!!!!!!

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Nors said:
mansta - dooms also broke major news on CBA agreement the other day here and status of deal!!!!!

I'm with you 1000% - keep it coming!!!!!!

you're just jealous cause someone is predicting things that actually come true... : )

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
you're just jealous cause someone is predicting things that actually come true... : )

Do your homework Ice - what came true here so far? Thanks -

The best was the CBA deal this insider reported recently!:lmao2:

You took the hook - man that was too easy - I caught the Iceberg!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
iceberg said:
oh, this is getting to you isn't it nors???

What? You not doing your homework before trying to attack a Nors post - nah

What? This guy coming here as an "insider" boasting of a total CBA done deal and being totally wet? Nah

None of that gets to me at all. Amusing - Yes

BTW: Good work on the new site. It has a lot of potential bro.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Any update Dooms on the Vinateri news and your CBA done and agreed to statement? You really need to clear the air on what went wrong?

Many here were tuned in to your inside status and well deserve an explanation. Thanks!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Nors said:
Any update Dooms on the Vinateri news and your CBA done and agreed to statement? You really need to clear the air on what went wrong?

Many here were tuned in to your inside status and well deserve an explanation. Thanks!

Profootball talk tried the same thing with the CBA rumor, didn't they?

I know if I wanted to look like I had an "insider," this would probably be one of the first things I'd try to attach my name to. Most of these owner/player negotations go to the last minute and you'd think the NFL would try its best to keep from going the NHL or MLB direction. Predicting this thing will get fixed is a pretty safe bet. Oops! ;)

I'm not sure why folks want to continue to believe that someone with awesome connections would post on an internet board just to share the wealth. If they are close friends or family of someone, then they would never want to betray the trust. If they were high up in the organization and privy to this type of stuff, then they would never want to risk their job. Sadly, the best inside info we'll ever get is probably the random fan who happens to catch Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells eating lunch or something.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Profootball talk tried the same thing with the CBA rumor, didn't they?

I know if I wanted to look like I had an "insider," this would probably be one of the first things I'd try to attach my name to. Most of these owner/player negotations go to the last minute and you'd think the NFL would try its best to keep from going the NHL or MLB direction. Predicting this thing will get fixed is a pretty safe bet. Oops! ;)

I'm not sure why folks want to continue to believe that someone with awesome connections would post on an internet board just to share the wealth. If they are close friends or family of someone, then they would never want to betray the trust. If they were high up in the organization and privy to this type of stuff, then they would never want to risk their job. Sadly, the best inside info we'll ever get is probably the random fan who happens to catch Jerry Jones or Bill Parcells eating lunch or something.

Exactly - just not happening and the real insiders may be here but keep it a secret.

This Dooms81 self destructed in record time tho - In poker world he was dealt a 8-7 and bluffed his hand. The smart money called him with a high pair. On the flop he drew nothing. The high pair flopped a 3rd of a kind. Dooms81 in his sudden glee at all his admirers posting insider luv - recklessly Went all in -

Was immediately called, lost the hand and was kicked off the big table.

Gotta love a good poker story. :cool: