Video: Vintage Romo

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Ok. If you want to give him credit for the NY loss then so be it, I couldn’t care less. We do have to make others look as bad as possible so Romo can look as good as possible. I expect that.

As for the Jville game he was not completely awful. You must be looking at the box score. He was great that game but had piss poor effort from his teammates. 3 of his 4 interceptions were tipped balls by receivers that should have been caught. He even hit a wide open Witten in the middle of the Star on his helmet because Witten wasn’t even looking back.

He was awful the next week against GB .

Romo had the lead vs the giants when he was injured. I dont count that against him. Exactly like I dont count the loss against Kitna vs arizona.

Kitna did not play well until the giants game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo had the lead vs the giants when he was injured. I dont count that against him. Exactly like I dont count the loss against Kitna vs arizona.

Kitna did not play well until the giants game.
If you dont count the the Arizona game agianst Kitna but do the NY game, that still leaves 4-5. Lol

So Romo would be 1-3, Kitna 4-5, McGee 1-2.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
If you dont count the the Arizona game agianst Kitna but do the NY game, that still leaves 4-5. Lol

So Romo would be 1-3, Kitna 4-5, McGee 1-2.

Well thats what I said 4-5? So Umm..lol??

Kitna lost to NY, JAX, GB, New Orleans, Philadelphia

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Well thats what I said 4-5? So Umm..lol??

Kitna lost to NY, JAX, GB, New Orleans, Philadelphia
And, well, I said around .500 to being with. His official starting record is 4-5. You’re just coming up with different games that you’re crediting losses to. Like assigning the Giants to him, not the Cardinals. Basically muddied waters that didn’t need to be muddied as we land on the same spot.

pete026

Reaction score
Let's see how many pages we can get out of this........... for the thousandth time.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I am not missing any point. The pittsburgh game was in 2008 and they beat him on that pick six it was a great play but the game turning play was the punt that hit one of our players ( I forget who) in the back of the leg after Dallas stopped them backed up inside their 20. Dallas defense was incredible that day until that odd play where the ball hit the beg of a guys leg when Pitt was punting and they got the ball back. owens running a route incorrectly earlier in the game caused an interception also. Without that special teams oddity Dallas wins that game.

The detroit game in 2011 and the Final game in 2012 at washington can be put on Romo for sure. He made a mistake forcing the ball to witten in that detroit game after the other interceptions and that was it. Same in Washington. He thought he could get the ball to the back over the linebackers head and it backfired on him. Similar to the 2012 JPP interception.

I will even add one for you, the 09 giants game at home he got picked on a slant for six in the exact manner as the 08 pittsburgh game....you know what though he bounced right back and dallas had the lead in the final seconds until the defense blew it like they did so so many times.

He was an outstanding quarterback not a good or very good one. Go back and watch the games. You clearly do not have a good memory of what is what or when it was.

I'll preface this by saying there are reasons in every game that can be pointed to other than Romo's mistakes that also were reasons we lost the game, but that Romo's mistakes also played a significant role.

2011 - NY Jets opening game --- had the game under control with a 7 point lead in the red zone and Romo fumbles trying to scramble for the TD so instead of taking a 2 possession lead when the defense has playing well, it stays a 1 possession game. A blocked punt I believe ties the game and then Romo throws an interception to Revis on the potential GW drive. NY kicks game winning FG.

2013 against GB - I know the defense was horrible in the 2nd half giving up 5 consecutive TD's but Romo threw 2 consecutive interceptions to end the game. The first set up GB's game winning score, and the 2nd prevented the potential game winning drive.

You also have Minnesota 2009 and Philly 2008 season ending games in which Romo was a turnover machine. I don't necessarily "fault" him for the losses but he handled the pressure poorly turning the ball over. I doubt we would have won either game.

And, yes, he was an outstanding QB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I know you tried to be nice but in a thread titled "Vintage Romo" you posted a loss...

The Romo fans didn’t care if his performances led to losses as long as he put up big numbers and had a high passer rating. Most of them still drool over his performance against Denver when he passed for over 500 yards and 5 TDs even though it led to a heartbreaking loss with a late INT. They enjoy watching his playmaking ability even if it led to a gut wrenching loss. Romo was a very good QB but hard for me to salivate over a QB who had a 2-4 playoff record and was best known for the untimely mistake. If you want to put a smile on my face show me vintage Staubach and Aikman as they were leading the Cowboys to championships.

I’m not trying to knock Romo he was an excellent QB but his big numbers and great plays never led to much. His great plays/Houdini spins and big numbers led to high expectations but some big disappointments in the end. He never had his best stuff when it mattered most. He had a lot more put on his plate than Staubach and Aikman because he played in a passing era on teams that weren’t as solid which led to some very costly mistakes that marred his career.

Gator88

Reaction score
Played 3 seasons with a top 10 defense.
Only 2009 actually, let's use an indicator of what matters. And that defense fell apart in the playoff loss just like the 2016 defense did(which was also a top 10 defense).

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And people here, the same ones whining now, *****ed about Romo his entire career.
I know the ones whining from the old board here now defended him his entire career against hate. He just isn’t the perfect QB void of blame and penciled in to win championships if only he could have continued playing or being insterted onto the ideal team. He isn’t HoF and his career wasn’t wasted. There were opportunites he could have won but just didn’t win. That’s happens but people act like he never had a shot, which is incorrect.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This thread points to how down this fan base is on Dak. Just read some of the comments. You have to really be down on your current QB to be living in the past with a QB who had a 2-6 elimination game record. This thread also points to how disappointing the last 20+ years have been for the Cowboys. I’m convinced most of these threads and comments are coming from fans who weren’t following the team during their glory years in the 70s and early 90s. The best QB and teams they’ve known were led by Romo.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Only 2009 actually, let's use an indicator of what matters. And that defense fell apart in the playoff loss just like the 2016 defense did(which was also a top 10 defense).

Romo fell apart too in that Minny game.

Gator88

Reaction score
Romo fell apart too in that Minny game.
Sure, but not sure what else you'd expect when his oline fell apart worse than what happened to Dak in the Atlanta game this past year. Same thing still would have happened no matter the QB back there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sure, but not sure what else you'd expect when his oline fell apart worse than what happened to Dak in the Atlanta game this past year. Same thing still would have happened no matter the QB back there.

Our OL fell apart against Minnesota but not as bad as it did against Atlanta last season. Romo was sacked 6 times against Minnesota, while Dak was sacked 8 times and avoided several more against Atlanta. Romo would have never survived the Atlanta game. I can’t recall ever seeing a team suffer a breakdown on the OL like we did at LT against Atlanta. What was happening to Chaz Green was shocking to watch. It had everyone talking about it.

I believe Dak took 6 sacks in the first half alone. Our OL was a huge problem against Minnesota in the playoffs in 09 but our defense was also a huge problem. Favre tossed 4 TD passes and Sydney Rice put up over 140 on us.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And to celebrate the fact we have the most lazy and gutless front office, here is thread reminiscing about the past glory of the Romo years.

But never mind the fact that this same ridiculously stupid front office ruined his chance to fulfill his talents.
The Romo years had no glory. The Glory died in the mid-90's.
Romo just put some smiles on certain people's faces and we have nothing to show for it, but some nice stats in losing games... and some RS wins. Yay.

Good Lord, how far we have fallen.