Video: Voch - Tyler Biadasz Should Probably Start now, But Ya Know

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The coaching staff has decided to go with the veterans this season because they don't have time for the rookies to catch up in the experience department. Maybe that will be possible later on in the season. So it seems the job of the center is Looney's at the moment.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The coaching staff has decided to go with the veterans this season because they don't have time for the rookies to catch up in the experience department. Maybe that will be possible later on in the season. So it seems the job of the center is Looney's at the moment.

Late in this video he talks about Connor Mc, BIadasz and Zach as the interior line. If there is still gas in the tank for Tyron, and we all saw La'el last year, this line could be breathtaking

Still not certain about Connor W as a tackle, but I am normally wrong about these sort of things

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that you’re right about that.

It doesn’t mean that the coaches like Looney better than Biadasz... heck it doesn’t Even mean that the coaches don’t expect Tyler to be better than Joe. They just want to roll with the veteran experience early on this season because of no offseason.

I think there’s a chance that Biadasz can win the job by the middle of the season. If he does, that’ll bode well for him moving forward.

Like every other Dallas fan, I hope he does.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Late in this video he talks about Connor Mc, BIadasz and Zach as the interior line. If there is still gas in the tank for Tyron, and we all saw La'el last year, this line could be breathtaking

Still not certain about Connor W as a tackle, but I am normally wrong about these sort of things
IIRC, Connor W was pretty good at tackle in college.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that you’re right about that.

It doesn’t mean that the coaches like Looney better than Biadasz... heck it doesn’t Even mean that the coaches don’t expect Tyler to be better than Joe. They just want to roll with the veteran experience early on this season because of no offseason.

I think there’s a chance that Biadasz can win the job by the middle of the season. If he does, that’ll bode well for him moving forward.

Like every other Dallas fan, I hope he does.
I'm pretty sure you're exactly right. The Vets are getting the green light for now and hopefully, the rookies can earn there way on the field later.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I don't see that Joe has much of an advantage on a Rimington Award winner out of Wisconsin. Biadasz played all last year. Joe didn't. It's a new system for both to learn.

Anyone think that if Joe had been playing college ball last year, that *he'd* be the Rimington Award winner?

If Biadasz can *physically* do it, get him out there playing. The faster he gets snaps, the faster he develops.

GenoT

Reaction score
Considering the unprecedented 2020 preseason, not mention a new HC, my guess is they’ll lean towards playing veterans to start the season.

We’ll see...

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I don't see that Joe has much of an advantage on a Rimington Award winner out of Wisconsin. Biadasz played all last year. Joe didn't. It's a new system for both to learn.

Anyone think that if Joe had been playing college ball last year, that *he'd* be the Rimington Award winner?

If Biadasz can *physically* do it, get him out there playing. The faster he gets snaps, the faster he develops.

I'll take Looney. Experience over zero NFL game experience.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Late in this video he talks about Connor Mc, BIadasz and Zach as the interior line. If there is still gas in the tank for Tyron, and we all saw La'el last year, this line could be breathtaking.

He also mentions "power", hitch was lacking there in 2018 when it was Williams and Looney in there. And that was a big reason why short yardage and goal line offense was abysmal. When push came to shove, Looney and Williams got pushed and shoved.

Williams may have gotten stronger and improved, but Looney is what he is at this point. A technically sound backup who lacks power. As Voch said, he's a guy that needs to be covered up by the guards. Where Frederick was able to give help, Looney needs help.

I'd like to see Biadasz given an opportunity to start at center as soon as possible. As he mentioned, throw him in the fire some and see how he handles it. Training camp and practice is the time. Biadasz is a decorated college center, Looney is a career journeyman backup player. Biadasz has upside, Looney does not.

I think that's the best role for Williams strengths and weaknesses.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think Tyler is the future at the position but you cannot handicap a team that has real aspirations to be a contender by putting a rookie at center when you have a vet center that has already proven he is capable of doing the job at a NFL level.

Now if there had been your typical off season then I may feel differently and would not be opposed if the rookie won the starting job in camp. But with us starting to prepare for the Rams next week I don't see how you can move forward with Tyler right now.

cern

Reaction score
Practices are likely to be ramped up as the season nears. I doubt the final decision has been made at several positions.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I think there will be a point in time when Biadasz is the better option for the team moving ahead, it just isnt yet.

Looney is a backup, Biadasz is not. It's a matter of time. The much less than normal preseason probably made this approach go from likely to necessary.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I think Tyler is the future at the position but you cannot handicap a team that has real aspirations to be a contender by putting a rookie at center when you have a vet center that has already proven he is capable of doing the job at a NFL level.

Now if there had been your typical off season then I may feel differently and would not be opposed if the rookie won the starting job in camp. But with us starting to prepare for the Rams next week I don't see how you can move forward with Tyler right now.

Pretty obvious here. I mean, let's not forget, he was a 4th round pick, so the odds of being ready to start week 1 with *no* rookie mini-camps, no mini-camps and an abridged training camp is pretty slim

McKDaddy

Reaction score
best way to find out where his progression stands is to get out to big leads & put him in the game. let him get meaningful snaps with at least some of the starting lineup.

FWIW, I'm a big Looney fan. Think he is way underrated by most. But if Biadasz can beat him out, so be it. That's how competitive sports work.

superonyx

Reaction score
What a stupid video. I thought he had some secret way of knowing how the rookies were performing and he was going to show the video.

Instead he says some rookie should start just because he just should. No real reason. No performance bases analysis.

Spews for views just to stroke his ego.

conner01

Reaction score
Disagree with Voch 100%.
All things being equal you go with vet. Mainly because of the brain part of playing in the nfl
Biadasz is gonna be the future
No reason to rush him in there with not one single game played
If we had a normal pre season I think he would get enough reps to have a shot, but this isn’t a normal season
I don’t know if you want a rookie center taking his first snap in a real game

Sydla

Reaction score
He’s basing this off looking at college highlight tapes. I like the kid and think he will start eventually, but the coaches are seeing him in camp against NFL players. Voch is looking at a highlight tape from college to say he should start.