Video: Voch - Tyler Biadasz Should Probably Start now, But Ya Know

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what they say about Biadasz. He's ready, aside from possible recovery issues from shoulder surgery.
The only "they" that matters is the coaching staff working with him now. If "they" decide he is ready to start, that's great, but if not, they made a much more informed and educated decision that we can as fans chatting on a website.

kskboys

Reaction score
The only "they" that matters is the coaching staff working with him now. If "they" decide he is ready to start, that's great, but if not, they made a much more informed and educated decision that we can as fans chatting on a website.
Of course, that's obvious.

Sydla

Reaction score
I mean I said this days ago. Looney isn't good and we should just throw the kid in there and get him valuable reps. Kid was a 4 year player on a good o line. Y these teams babysit men that graduate college is ridiculous.

What if Looney just has been better this far in camp? Still play the inferior player?

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I mean I said this days ago. Looney isn't good and we should just throw the kid in there and get him valuable reps. Kid was a 4 year player on a good o line. Y these teams babysit men that graduate college is ridiculous.
We should throw out the player we feel is best able to help us win games, and by "we" I mean the coaches. They are in a much better position to make that choice than some internet posters.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
We should throw out the player we feel is best able to help us win games, and by "we" I mean the coaches. They are in a much better position to make that choice than some internet posters.
a lot of coaches are just scared old men with dinosaur thought processes. watching looney in 2018 would make me 2nd guess him even being on the team no less your starter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
a lot of coaches are just scared old men with dinosaur thought processes. watching looney in 2018 would make me 2nd guess him even being on the team no less your starter.
lol, so we are already saying this coaching staff sucks? Well, that honeymoon didn't last long!

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Zierlein isn't perfect but he has a good track record and usually isn't too far off. A draft grade below 6.0 is a player that could make the 53 man roster.

TYLER BIADASZ

WISCONSIN

Prospect Info
COLLEGE
Wisconsin
HOMETOWN
CLASS
WI
r-Junior

Prospect Grade

Overview
Solid but unspectacular center prospect who has been a consistent performer during Jonathan Taylor's rushing reign in the Big Ten. He's smart, well-versed in every blocking scheme and plays with efficient, inside hands that possess impressive grip strength. He plays under control and usually hits his landmarks, but he has issues winning when matched against power. Pass protection could be a concern, as NFL sub-rushers will feast on his lunging and average lateral quickness. Biadasz's skill level has been developed, so he could become an early starter with limited upside.
Strengths
  • Three-year starter for premier rushing attack in Big Ten
  • Able to unlock flexibility in hips
  • Accurate quick-strike hands into first contact
  • Vise grips to cinch-up and extend rides and finish blocks
  • Repeatable technique snap after snap
  • Works well in double-teams
  • Smart angles to second level with ability to adjust in space
  • Plays with body composure and contact balance
  • Wide and controlled up to second level
  • Shows some recovery footwork to push defender past the target
  • Identifies and communicates protection duties pre-snap
Weaknesses
  • Doesn't generate much push as drive blocker
  • Base blocks lose positioning to power
  • Needs stiffer secure block before climb
  • Core power is just average
  • Faulty anchor allows pocket breach by power rushers
  • Needs to stay back and punch with posture
  • Leans and falls off-balance against moving rushers
  • Gets overextended in lateral protection help.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyler-biadasz/32194249-4108-3057-953e-8ece7a00c9d8

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
lol, so we are already saying this coaching staff sucks? Well, that honeymoon didn't last long!
I just don't trust it. I can watch looney start 16 games on film. And if I were a coach I wouldn't want any parts of it. Didn't say they all the way suck just thinking that joe looney can start nfl football games. You should follow me for all the good content I create for you.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I'll take Looney. Experience over zero NFL game experience.

Unless Looney has previously worked with the new oline coach, which would have been a while ago if it ever happened, he has no more experience with the new system than Biadasz.

Looney does have more experience with different oline systems. That's an advantage.

But for his injuries, and some poor tape last year coming off injury, Biadasz was probably a second round pick. I went back 5 years on Rimington Award winners. I think all started their first year.

Wisconsin oline is simply a factory for NFL ready olinemen. Biadasz was the Rimington Award winner. And Biadasz actually started last year, while Looney rode a bench.

If the draft drop was wrong, and Biadasz isn't physically limited by injuries, he'd be considered a plug and play day one C. Sure, he'll have plenty to learn. Playing him speeds up that learning.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just don't trust it. I can watch looney start 16 games on film. And if I were a coach I wouldn't want any parts of it. Didn't say they all the way suck just thinking that joe looney can start nfl football games. You should follow me for all the good content I create for you.
Look, I don't disagree that Looney isn't the ideal starter, although I don't have the same level of negativity you do, but you can't make a fair assessment of who should start by only looking at one factor. The options also have to be looked at, and not just from a college film or prospect profile. It has to be from what coaches see in action. You are essentially saying Biadasz is the better option for no other reason than he isn't Joe Looney. That's not an actual argument. The coaches are actually looking at the two in practice, and working with the two, and they are in position to make a decision based on what they see. We are not.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Looney has previously worked with the new oline coach, which would have been a while ago if it ever happened, he has no more experience with the new system than Biadasz.

Looney does have more experience with different oline systems. That's an advantage.

But for his injuries, and some poor tape last year coming off injury, Biadasz was probably a second round pick. I went back 5 years on Rimington Award winners. I think all started their first year.

Wisconsin oline is simply a factory for NFL ready olinemen. Biadasz was the Rimington Award winner. And Biadasz actually started last year, while Looney rode a bench.

If the draft drop was wrong, and Biadasz isn't physically limited by injuries, he'd be considered a plug and play day one C. Sure, he'll have plenty to learn. Playing him speeds up that learning.
No, but he does have NFL experience, which is very different than college experience. In the end, the coaches are working with the players, and they have to make a decision on who is best to start. And they are infinitely more qualified than internet posters to make that decision.

And remember, even if they go with Looney to start the season, that isn't a forever decision. Maybe as Biadasz learns more, and builds up some under an NFL conditioning program, he will be ready to take over before long - maybe even this season.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has there been a merry go round or are they just getting the rookie snaps to get him experience?
That was my thought. Even if Looney ends up starting, Biadasz will be counted on as the backup, and since he is a rookie it makes sense they will want to get him as up to speed as they can.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I never just assume things from college accolades. That's not to say college accolades aren't a reason for optimism, but ultimately it has to be proven on the field. The NFL is very different competition, and history has shown that even very high draft picks aren't always sure things. It's certainly not hard to believe that a guy who has played against NFL competition would have an early edge over someone who hasn't. Experience can matter, and sometimes an NFL conditioning program can matter.

You don't get guarantees with draft picks, particularly ones that fall. If they see problems in camp, don't play him. But I've heard of no problems for Biadasz. If he's at all close to Looney, give him the push.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't get guarantees with draft picks, particularly ones that fall. If they see problems in camp, don't play him. But I've heard of no problems for Biadasz. If he's at all close to Looney, give him the push.
Of course you don't get guarantees with draft picks - that's exactly my point. An NFL team isn't guaranteed anything because of a draft profile or scouting report.

Ultimately you play who is best able to help the team now. If that's Biadasz, that's great, but if to start the season Looney gives the team a better chance to win, he should start.

And, that's a choice for the coaches, not those of us typing on a computer.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Has there been a merry go round or are they just getting the rookie snaps to get him experience?
Yes they've even had connor williams take snaps at center. I don't think theyre sold on looney and they definitely shouldn't be

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Ultimately you play who is best able to help the team now. If that's Biadasz, that's great, but if to start the season Looney gives the team a better chance to win, he should start.

And, that's a choice for the coaches, not those of us typing on a computer.

No, it's not who is best today. That's the "let's play the progress stopper" philosophy. Young developmental guys get the push over older declining players if its close.

An at minimum, you look who it's best to play to maximize chances for a ring this year.

And obviously, we don't get to choose. But we do get to have opinions. Your opinion can be "the coaches are always right". That's not mine.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, it's not who is best today. That's the "let's play the progress stopper" philosophy. Young developmental guys get the push over older declining players if its close.

An at minimum, you look who it's best to play to maximize chances for a ring this year.

And obviously, we don't get to choose. But we do get to have opinions. Your opinion can be "the coaches are always right". That's not mine.
Of course it's who is best today. A team can't simply not care about doing the best it can to win games early in the season. If there is any chance to get to and win big in the playoffs a team has to always give itself the best possible chance to win from Game 1 on.

And there isn't any logic behind the idea that if a player doesn't start from the first game of his rookie season his progress is stopped. If that were the case Larry Allen wouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, and Jason Witten wouldn't be heading there.

Again, remember that if they make Looney the starter on opening day that isn't a forever decision. If they feel at some point during the season Biadasz is ready to take over, they can make that change at any time.