Video: Voch - Tyler Biadasz Should Probably Start now, But Ya Know

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
best way to find out where his progression stands is to get out to big leads & put him in the game. let him get meaningful snaps with at least some of the starting lineup.

FWIW, I'm a big Looney fan. Think he is way underrated by most. But if Biadasz can beat him out, so be it. That's how competitive sports work.
I’m a Looney fan as well. I think he did a pretty admirable job in 2018. His mobility is a plus and will be a double-plus in McCarthy’s zone scheme.

John813

Reaction score
I just really want him to ball out 75% because he's a Cowboy player and 25% to laugh at Eagle fans still salty about the trade up

morasp

Reaction score
He's got the smarts and I think his lunge blocks could be coached up but he might need to get stronger to hold up against the bull rushers he's going to see in the NFL.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

All based on college games.

Video Guy: He should be a lock as a starter based on college games.

Me: Why did he get drafted in the 4th round if college games proved he was a lock to be an NFL starter on day one?

Creeper

Reaction score
Tough to put a rookie coming off an injury in as a starter this year given the limitations in preseason preparation. The offense did pretty well last year most of the time with Frederick playing and honestly, he was not the same guy we saw before he was sick. He lacked the power and quickness. I think Travis saw this too which is why he decided to quit. The question is, is Looney as good as Frederick was last year? or Biadasz for that matter? Looney at least has experience against NFL opponents. That's something Biadasz will not get until the season starts.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
All things being equal you go with vet. Mainly because of the brain part of playing in the nfl
Biadasz is gonna be the future
No reason to rush him in there with not one single game played
If we had a normal pre season I think he would get enough reps to have a shot, but this isn’t a normal season
I don’t know if you want a rookie center taking his first snap in a real game
100% spot on @conner01 !

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You could say that about half the interior line guys in the NFL. So very many were the best OL on their college team, so they played LT.
I'll be the first to admit there is a learning phase transitioning from college into the pros. It's even harder to make that transition when you're not playing in that position any longer. Connor W has not been well served to play the Tackle position for the Cowboys by playing him at Guard.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I need to see him play but it’s hard to imagine this guy being better than Looney in year 1.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I have no doubt coaches will play the best players they have, why wouldn't they? their jobs are on the line. I have high hopes for Biadasz and hope to see him challenge for the position. When they feel he is ready I have no doubt he will get his chance. As for Looney, he is a vet who did a good job at center for Dallas and I feel confident he will continue to do a good job at center

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Like most rookie linemen, Biadasz needs time and development to perfect his pass blocking.

It's a known fact that it's a significant step up to perfect that function of the O-line in the NFL.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
The physicality of the center position is secondary. The best man at line calls should win the job. I would be shocked if in a COVID rookie year that player is Tyler.

kskboys

Reaction score
The physicality of the center position is secondary. The best man at line calls should win the job. I would be shocked if in a COVID rookie year that player is Tyler.
Since Biadasz has been a C and made the line calls for several years now, I'm thinking that conclusion may be flawed.

kskboys

Reaction score
I need to see him play but it’s hard to imagine this guy being better than Looney in year 1.
Unless he hasn't fully recovered form shoulder surgury, it would actually be shocking if Biadasz isn't already better.

kskboys

Reaction score
He's got the smarts and I think his lunge blocks could be coached up but he might need to get stronger to hold up against the bull rushers he's going to see in the NFL.
Biadasz was the anchor of the Badgers bruising run game. Considered pro ready. Instant upgrade in the run game.

Sydla

Reaction score
Biadasz was the anchor of the Badgers bruising run game. Considered pro ready. Instant upgrade in the run game.

In college.

He was the anchor of a bruising run game.......... in college. To assume he's just going to be a great pro C is probably a reach at this point as the list of bruising and great OL that failed in the pros is long and illustrious.

It's a very simple question. Do you think that McCarthy and Philbin would purposely play the worst C? Yes or no?

jjktkk

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff wants to make sure Biadiasz's shoulder is completely healed, maybe even to the point of Tyler rehabbing and strengthening that shoulder for a full off season.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Looney or Biadasz.

We all know it will be Biadasz's job one day. Which means he's a better long time solution. But, IIRC, Zeke only had six rushing touchdowns the year Looney started and Dak was sacked a career high 56 times. Sooooooo... I'm thinking we'd be better off throwing Biadasz into the fire, day one.

People tend to think just because Dallas won ten games in 2018 ( Dak and Zeke both went to the pro bowl in 2018) that Looney had a good year. Not me.