Video: Voch - Tyler Biadasz Should Probably Start now, But Ya Know

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
Since Biadasz has been a C and made the line calls for several years now, I'm thinking that conclusion may be flawed.

That was in college. The NFL stage is several giant steps up in terms of the speed and complexity of identifying what a defense is trying to throw at you.

I’m not saying it can’t happen, sometimes a guy is just a savant, like Fredrick, who was basically a brain surgeon in an offensive lineman’s body. But it is pretty rare.

Throw in the whole Covid mess, which has robbed the rookie of having any preseason reps and I think it’s a tall order as well as a humongous risk for the team to entrust Dak’s health to him right out of the chute. With Looney, it’s also an unnecessary risk to take imo.

J-man

Reaction score
Day 1 starter is probably not gonna happen because of, you know the thing, but he has a shot at and probably will be the starting C sooner than later.

IMHO the best 5 O-lineman we could put on the field are:

Smith McGovern Biadiasz Martin Collins

With Williams and Loony as the primary back ups.

And that may be, (probably) from top to bottom, the best O-line in football.

Sydla

Reaction score
Day 1 starter is probably not gonna happen because of, you know the thing, but he has a shot at and probably will be the starting C sooner than later.

IMHO the best 5 O-lineman we could put on the field are:

Smith McGovern Biadiasz Martin Collins

With Williams and Loony as the primary back ups.

And that may be, (probably) from top to bottom, the best O-line in football.

Again, are we assuming that the coaches are playing players in Looney and Williams that aren't performing better than McGovern and Biadasz?

J-man

Reaction score
Again, are we assuming that the coaches are playing players in Looney and Williams that aren't performing better than McGovern and Biadasz?

No, more like assuming McGovern will eventually beat out Williams for LG and that Biadiasz will eventually beat out Loony for C.
The vets are getting the reps now because the coach is implementing a new system and has to get a team ready to play in just a couple of weeks, and doing so without any pre-camp work. They have the advantage as of now because of their NFL experience. Time will negate that advantage and the better talent will catch up.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I mean I said this days ago. Looney isn't good and we should just throw the kid in there and get him valuable reps. Kid was a 4 year player on a good o line. Y these teams babysit men that graduate college is ridiculous.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Looney or Biadasz.

We all know it will be Biadasz's job one day. Which means he's a better long time solution. But, IIRC, Zeke only had six rushing touchdowns the year Looney started and Dak was sacked a career high 56 times. Sooooooo... I'm thinking we'd be better off throwing Biadasz into the fire, day one.

People tend to think just because Dallas won ten games in 2018 ( Dak and Zeke both went to the pro bowl in 2018) that Looney had a good year. Not me.
Looney gave up only 2 sacks in 2018.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
I think I will stick to the coaches evaluations rather than some random on youtube

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Lol. Bro, you can't be hid when rookie Connor Williams was playing next to you.
Like I said they tried and thats why connor looked like absolute trash. Looney plays with little power inside and moves O.K. Hence Suh picking Looney up and throwing Looney at zeke for a tackle lol. He's bout to be 30 and hes not that good. Start biadasz already

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I mean I said this days ago. Looney isn't good and we should just throw the kid in there and get him valuable reps. Kid was a 4 year player on a good o line. Y these teams babysit men that graduate college is ridiculous.

That is a ridiculous statement.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was ranked 36th out of 32 starting centers in 2018 lol. Why do you guys get upset. I'm not attacking his character he's just not a good football player.

Ranked by who? PFF? I give a crap what they think.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Ranked by who? PFF? I give a crap what they think.
Go watch games of 2018 and watch looney then. He was not good. He was below average. And PFF grade cements exactly what I thought about him. The ppl at PFF probably know more about football then you. Just sayin

kskboys

Reaction score
That was in college. The NFL stage is several giant steps up in terms of the speed and complexity of identifying what a defense is trying to throw at you.

I’m not saying it can’t happen, sometimes a guy is just a savant, like Fredrick, who was basically a brain surgeon in an offensive lineman’s body. But it is pretty rare.

Throw in the whole Covid mess, which has robbed the rookie of having any preseason reps and I think it’s a tall order as well as a humongous risk for the team to entrust Dak’s health to him right out of the chute. With Looney, it’s also an unnecessary risk to take imo.
That's what they say about Biadasz. He's ready, aside from possible recovery issues from shoulder surgery.

kskboys

Reaction score
Go watch games of 2018 and watch looney then. He was not good. He was below average. And PFF grade cements exactly what I thought about him. The ppl at PFF probably know more about football then you. Just sayin
Looney's another. I just don't get the extreme love for this guy. He did OK filling in as a backup, that's it. He's simply not starting quality.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Like I said they tried and thats why connor looked like absolute trash. Looney plays with little power inside and moves O.K. Hence Suh picking Looney up and throwing Looney at zeke for a tackle lol. He's bout to be 30 and hes not that good. Start biadasz already
Lol. Sorry, brother. I know the Center position. Better than most. Looney is plenty of good and adequate for now. He's earned and proven he can handle the job. Pay attention to the training camp live video practices. Looney is doing well, making the right calls, hiking the ball well and blocking good.

Biadasz has the potential to be very good and our future starter, but under the current circumstances with how everything has been shortened due to Covid-19, this coaching staff is absolutely correct in starting Joe Looney at Center...and it shows.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't see that Joe has much of an advantage on a Rimington Award winner out of Wisconsin. Biadasz played all last year. Joe didn't. It's a new system for both to learn.

Anyone think that if Joe had been playing college ball last year, that *he'd* be the Rimington Award winner?

If Biadasz can *physically* do it, get him out there playing. The faster he gets snaps, the faster he develops.
I never just assume things from college accolades. That's not to say college accolades aren't a reason for optimism, but ultimately it has to be proven on the field. The NFL is very different competition, and history has shown that even very high draft picks aren't always sure things. It's certainly not hard to believe that a guy who has played against NFL competition would have an early edge over someone who hasn't. Experience can matter, and sometimes an NFL conditioning program can matter.

morasp

Reaction score
Zierlein isn't perfect but he has a good track record and usually isn't too far off. A draft grade below 6.0 is a player that could make the 53 man roster.

TYLER BIADASZ

WISCONSIN

Prospect Info
COLLEGE
Wisconsin
HOMETOWN
CLASS
WI
r-Junior

Prospect Grade

Overview
Solid but unspectacular center prospect who has been a consistent performer during Jonathan Taylor's rushing reign in the Big Ten. He's smart, well-versed in every blocking scheme and plays with efficient, inside hands that possess impressive grip strength. He plays under control and usually hits his landmarks, but he has issues winning when matched against power. Pass protection could be a concern, as NFL sub-rushers will feast on his lunging and average lateral quickness. Biadasz's skill level has been developed, so he could become an early starter with limited upside.
Strengths
  • Three-year starter for premier rushing attack in Big Ten
  • Able to unlock flexibility in hips
  • Accurate quick-strike hands into first contact
  • Vise grips to cinch-up and extend rides and finish blocks
  • Repeatable technique snap after snap
  • Works well in double-teams
  • Smart angles to second level with ability to adjust in space
  • Plays with body composure and contact balance
  • Wide and controlled up to second level
  • Shows some recovery footwork to push defender past the target
  • Identifies and communicates protection duties pre-snap
Weaknesses
  • Doesn't generate much push as drive blocker
  • Base blocks lose positioning to power
  • Needs stiffer secure block before climb
  • Core power is just average
  • Faulty anchor allows pocket breach by power rushers
  • Needs to stay back and punch with posture
  • Leans and falls off-balance against moving rushers
  • Gets overextended in lateral protection help.
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tyler-biadasz/32194249-4108-3057-953e-8ece7a00c9d8