Twitter: Von Miller would have taken less to sign with Cowboys

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
The Cowboys don't build off the last season. Jesus Christ could be an FA and they wouldn't pay him. Build through the draft and plug holes through cheap free agency. It doesn't matter if the Cowboys were 13-3 or 3-13. The same SOP is used. Better luck next year.
It's why this team goes up and down every other year.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
But this will get all the usuals and their same canned posts.

Wait until he flames out, then it will be a smart move by our FO.

:popcorn:

Von Miller is one of the greatest players the NFL has ever seen. Combine that with the fact that pass rushers often age very well….

Terrell Suggs 44.5 sacks and 10 sacks per 17 games played after 32nd birthday.

Reggie White 74 sacks and 11 sacks per 17 games played after 32nd birthday.

Julius Peppers 55 sacks and 10 sacks per 17 games played after 32nd birthday.

Kevin Greene 75 sacks and 14 sacks per 17 games after 32nd birthday.

Demarcus Ware only played 3 seasons after turning 32 but still mustered 21.5 sacks and 10 sacks per 17 games in that span.

Michael Stratham had 46 sacks and 12 sacks per 17 games after 32.

Even Jason Taylor pulled off 47 sacks and 9 sacks per 17 games after turning 32.

Which means Buffalo did their homework before offering such an egregious contract, and saw that elite pass rushers with the work effort are one of the best aging positions in the sport. This is why Chandler Jones was a great pickup for LV as well.

Probability dictates Dallas will be the ones eating crow before the Bills ever do.

kevm3

Reaction score
I know Stephen is afraid of free agency because they’ve sucked at it for so long, but I really believe they are keeping their free agency powder dry for 2023 and Sean Payton.

I don't feel like they are waiting for Payton to spend money. Payton's not coming and even if he were, they'd still take the same penny-pinching approach. We all wished different from Jerry and we got it, but unfortunately what we got is arguably worse. From here on out it is frugal, bargain shopping Cowboys with all the onus laid on McClay and the draft to produce a competitive team.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And once again you are totally wrong.
Maybe you are feeling guilty about it, so feel you need to give your worthless opinion.

My goodness...why does it bother you so much. Put me on ignore if you don't like it.
You weren't the first to bring this crap into this thread? You didn't bring Dak up in a thread about a DE that doesn't and has never played for the Cowboys? You don't regularly preemptively call out your nemesises er nemesie? (you know what I mean.

It doesn't bother me. Overofficious hypocrites just draw my attention. Hey... I'm not perfect.

Shout out to the late great Marv Levy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It'll be interesting to see how Miller plays compared to our Williams/Armstrong/Fowler combination. For me, it goes back to signing one elite player vs. a just a bunch of guys. Maybe the Dallas strategy will pay off this time, but these are the type of things that usually have ended up costing us on the field worse than any money we would have spent.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If that was really a 3 year deal they could have got out of after 2 years, then I probably do that Von Miller deal.

But no way am I actually doing that if its 5 full years.

Pretty sure it's a 3-year deal, the additional 2 years were tacked on for cap purposes

terra

Reaction score
I call BS. Hindsight talk is all it is.
But this will get all the usuals and their same canned posts.

Wait until he flames out, then it will be a smart move by our FO.

:popcorn:
So which minion of Jerry are you? Secretary, driver, what?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I would have chosen the money if I knew I only had a couple of years left as a player. Why not?
I don't have any problem with him choosing the money. But don't play us stupid. Just own up to it with some trite, hackneyed comment like, "I chose the Bills because I had to think about my family and my earning potential at this stage in my life and career."
Shrug.

Flamma

Reaction score
Man, this comment got me torn homie. The front office is bad...yes. Any of us here could do a better job...doubtful. But I get it lol

He's probably right. This team does nothing as far as player acquisition. They play it safe. The draft makes or breaks this team. They aren't even active in the draft in the early rounds anymore. You don't see them move up to get anyone. It's how an amateur would handle the offseason because he's afraid of making a mistake.

On the positive side, you can't screw up badly if you don't take any chances. But at the same time, if you're never aggressive, and never take chances, you're probably never going to hit it big either.

Praxit

Reaction score
..someone is lying here. Really doubt, Miller was on par with Heatlamp Gregory.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You weren't the first to bring this crap into this thread? You didn't bring Dak up in a thread about a DE that doesn't and has never played for the Cowboys? You don't regularly preemptively call out your nemesises er nemesie? (you know what I mean.

It doesn't bother me. Overofficious hypocrites just draw my attention. Hey... I'm not perfect.

Shout out to the late great Marv Levy.

You are the hypocrite.
I did not call out anyone in this thread. I made a true general statement. And you feel guilty and can’t handle it.

Haters that hate everything draw my attention.

Loso86

Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s that big of an ‘if’. There’s certainly a favorite in my book. They had KC on the ropes in that playoff game and have improved in many areas since then.
Yea perhaps so, not saying they don't have a good team

LittleD

Reaction score
The problem with this thinking is that no front office should be thinking that far in the future. Front offices around the league should be thinking win in 2 to 3 years or we might be looking for other jobs. But in Dallas the front office can look 5, 10, 15 years in the future on contracts. THE ONLY ONES WITH URGENCY IS THE COWBOYS FANS!!!!

You must be joking with an all-star LB, WR and CB to sign in the next 3 years. They are all going to want over 20mil per year in long term contracts. We still owe Dak a boatload of money on his deal as well. If the Cowboys Fans are that urgent, they should move to LA and follow the Rams.