Twitter: Von Miller would have taken less to sign with Cowboys

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dallas offered Miller 5 years for 70 million w/ the first 2 years guaranteed. That's reasonable. He didn't "want to play in Dallas" that bad.
That’s what people are missing. If they offered him at his age what they offered Gregory then that’s fair. I can’t fault them be simply didn’t want to play here that bad.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That’s what people are missing. If they offered him at his age what they offered Gregory then that’s fair. I can’t fault them be simply didn’t want to play here that bad.
I feel like that's right where I'd draw the line. He got an $18.5 signing bonus. At 33, I'd be surprised he'd want to play much past 35.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Keep in mind neither side is badmouthing the other, Dallas & Miller both have stated they just couldn't agree. It's business. Much different than the Gregory situation.

kskboys

Reaction score
Von Miller last year in a season when he played for two teams had as many TFL as Randy Gregory has in his entire pro career.
I think he also played in more games last year than Ganjory played in his career!!!!!!!!

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
SMH The Jones gang can't get any of their current players to take a Hometown discount, yet this guy claims he would have taken less money to play for the Cowboys {coming off of a super bowl win with the Lambs}. Does he really expect anyone to buy this malarkey??

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I feel like that's right where I'd draw the line. He got an $18.5 signing bonus. At 33, I'd be surprised he'd want to play much past 35.
Yeah I never pay that much for someone that age....not even giving him a Gregory deal.....but it ended up being like a 2 year guaranteed deal if I'm not mistaken but that deal has disaster written all over it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Yeah I never pay that much for someone that age....not even giving him a Gregory deal.....but it ended up being like a 2 year guaranteed deal if I'm not mistaken but that deal has disaster written all over it.
He's good for 2 years, then he might even get another contract, but Buffalo could let him go.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
I'll never understand the Randy Gregory phenomenon.

I think Dorance Armstrong is a JAG and he could probably replace Gregory's production.

Gregory only decided to start playing when we got Parsons. That's the other thing. And yet, he wasn't great for us. He could have cost us the playoff game, in fact, with all of his pentalities. . Gregory was OK, but he still benefited from Parsons.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
SMH The Jones gang can't get any of their current players to take a Hometown discount, yet this guy claims he would have taken less money to play for the Cowboys {coming off of a super bowl win with the Lambs}. Does he really expect anyone to buy this malarkey??

He's trying to set himself up for a future contract if the Cowboys don't win with the draft strategy, just in case he doesn't play up to his own contract.

Either that, or that he gets to earn his contract by the Cowboys accepting a trade later on if he happens to flop there. Future negotiation tactic for a 33-year-old player.

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
He's trying to set himself up for a future contract if the Cowboys don't win with the draft strategy, just in case he doesn't play up to his own contract.

Either that, or that he gets to earn his contract by the Cowboys accepting a trade later on if he happens to flop there. Future negotiation tactic for a 33-year-old player.
I see your point, but if he flops in Buffalo why would the Cowboys want him anyway?? Makes no sense..

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Man, this comment got me torn homie. The front office is bad...yes. Any of us here could do a better job...doubtful. But I get it lol
Dont put the country podunk rejects on a pedestal. They arent smarter or better than anyone cuz they got money. Jones got his money from his daddy who started an insurance agency which grew huge took the money from and got lucky with an oil business. Daddy was already rich that allowed him to open up business ventures and he got lucky.

birdwells1

Reaction score
You must be joking with an all-star LB, WR and CB to sign in the next 3 years. They are all going to want over 20mil per year in long term contracts. We still owe Dak a boatload of money on his deal as well. If the Cowboys Fans are that urgent, they should move to LA and follow the Rams.

Did you even understand what I was saying? Everything you said was true but still a front office that hasn’t won anything in 26 years doesn’t have the right to think about contracts that far in the future. If it were any other sports franchise in the world they they wouldn’t have the time to implement their 10 year plan they’d be fired before that. As far as fans that aren’t urgent, after 26 years if you are a fans that’s not then I think you should check your pulse.

Adreme

Reaction score
I ain’t gonna lie….if I ran this office we’d have all types of trash here lol…we for sure wouldn’t have Micah lol.

I mean Micah was kind of the easiest pick ever. They needed defense and the only other 2 defenders who were rated in his class were already picked so it was Micah or a big drop off.

plymkr

Reaction score
Von Miller last year in a season when he played for two teams had as many TFL as Randy Gregory has in his entire pro career.
I don't know, maybe I'm in the minority but I don't think Gregory is all that good. He hasn't proven he can stay on the field and he hasn't proven he can be a consistent player. I feel like he's greatly over rated on this board. He had a couple splash plays last season but there were games that he didn't show up, especially in the playoffs. Why are we still pining over an inconsistent, mentally unstable player that contributed very little to the team since he was drafted?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I mean Micah was kind of the easiest pick ever. They needed defense and the only other 2 defenders who were rated in his class were already picked so it was Micah or a big drop off.
Yeah but he was a linebacker and I could’ve got one later on in the draft. I was taking Slater or trading up. Like I said, I would be a terrible GM lol.