Fear the Afro
Reaction score
Why don't you hire Bill Parcells.

He'll win you a playoff game.:rolleyes:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
theogt;2471396 said:
It's been asked and answered. He's not. Some people just resort to blaming the HC.

This one is simply not on Wade. I can't argue with anything he did today or this week except for maybe not challenging the spot of the ball in the 4th quarter but given his recent track record, I can't blame him for keeping it in his pocket.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2471418 said:
This one is simply not on Wade. I can't argue with anything he did today or this week except for maybe not challenging the spot of the ball in the 4th quarter but given his recent track record, I can't blame him for keeping it in his pocket.
We didn't have any challenges left.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Batman;2471367 said:
I know that Wade Phillips is not the best coach in the NFL, but I am just seeing too many blame Wade Phillips threads in here and thought I would give my opinion. Moderators, I apologize to you if you think I should have put this in another thread, but I just feel a thread defending Wade would not be a bad idea.

Here are some things to think about. Did our defense come out and kick some butt today? Yes it did, we got 5 sacks and several pressures and forced some turnovers. Wade had our defense ready to go and they played like they should have.

How about Choice, he had the best game yet against the Steelers. It seemed like everyone on the team came to play except Tony Romo. Wade Phillips did not give the Steelers the ball 4 times like Romo did. Wade Phillips did not play with his head up has a**, but Tony Romo did. Tony Romo is the only reason we lost this game, not Wade Phillips. This loss is 100% on Romo, not Phillips. I am not a big fan of Phillips, but to blame him for this loss is completely uncalled for. You want to blame someone, blame the most overrated QB in the NFL, Tony Romo.

Yes, the D was awesome til the last seven minutes, why did he stop bringing pressure on Roethlisberger? Why, tell me why?

How about the special teams giving up huge field position at the end of the game?

How about Romo needing to scramble to get a play called. Terrible game management!

Romo is running around like crazy, why? Offensive line is horrible.

How about that call on fourth down, with Cricket?

I can go on. I'm sure I'm forgetting tons of other things as well.

Reaction score
Is Jerry Jones actually stupid enough to let his ego ruin any chance he has of ever winning again?

(stop laughing)

What I am asking is if you actually think he is willing to allow this continual lack of performance to continue?

After all he IS a businessman, and a smart businessman would cut loses early and make adjustments 1/4 by 1/4 (or at least fiscal year by ficsal year.)

Yes he has an ego, but is that actually more important than winning to him? Is he willing to hire another Johnson/Parcells type to do what he can't? wade was his only option at the time...but now there apparently is "another time to consider change..."

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
theogt;2471422 said:
We didn't have any challenges left.

My bad, did not realize that. Why did the Steelers go no huddle then? they must of not know it either.

Brian_C82

Reaction score
It's ridiculous to blame Wade for our problems. Vince Lombardi himself couldn't keep our headcase QB from throwing clutch interceptions.

Batman

Reaction score
utrunner07;2471389 said:
Well giving the players days off when many of them clearly don't know the playbook, on both sides of the field, is a good place to start.

Did you even watch the game? The defense seemed to know the play book quite well. Did you not notice how many times the Steelers had great field position and our defense bailed us out? Did you miss the 5 sacks we got on the Steelers? I think giving the players time off had nothing to do with this loss. Even with some key players missing, it sure seemed like our players were well prepared. Did you not notice how choice had a real good game? Choice did not have a good game by accident. The fact is, Tony Romo completely choked in this game and is the only reason the Cowboys lost. Maybe if Romo actually was not a choker the Cowboys win this one easy. Everyone else showed up except Tony Romo. Romo won the game for the Steelers.

khiladi

Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2471443 said:
Is Jerry Jones actually stupid enough to let his ego ruin any chance he has of ever winning again?

(stop laughing)

What I am asking is if you actually think he is willing to allow this continual lack of performance to continue?

After all he IS a businessman, and a smart businessman would cut loses early and make adjustments 1/4 by 1/4 (or at least fiscal year by ficsal year.)

Yes he has an ego, but is that actually more important than winning to him? Is he willing to hire another Johnson/Parcells type to do what he can't? wade was his only option at the time...but now there apparently is "another time to consider change..."

How is this loss on Jerry Jones? Does he call offensive plays?

Last year, everybody on this forum was clamoring for JJ to re-sign Jason Garrett...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2471450 said:
My bad, did not realize that. Why did the Steelers go no huddle then? they must of not know it either.
Not sure. Was it inside the 2 minutes?

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
Brian_C82;2471453 said:
It's ridiculous to blame Wade for our problems. Vince Lombardi himself couldn't keep our headcase QB from throwing clutch interceptions.

I've been asking this for two hours now, why did we stop the pressure that was working so well?

How about the special teams?

How about that idiot call with Cricket on fourth down?

The Panch

Reaction score
If think he wants to win, but he lets his obsession for the glitz and glamour product on and off the field get in the way. He's not as smart as he thinks he is when it comes to football and when that comes into question, he cuts off Jimmy and runs a dynasty capable of winning more championsips into the ground. I'll give him credit for being willing to step back during the Parcells era and he couldnt help Bill's inability to adjust to a new era of players and playcalling, but Jerry has proved he's still the same ignorant control freak who has no business running a football franchise. He's a hell of a businessman, but needs to just fall back and let the football guys handle the football stuff.

khiladi

Reaction score
Ratliff Wasn't In The Last Drive....

The Cowboys Still Blitzed Up The Middle...

They Tried To Bring Pressure...

One more time...

Ratliff wasn't in on the last drive or two... I think he got hurt...

Reaction score
khiladi;2471460 said:
How is this loss on Jerry Jones? Does he call offensive plays?

Last year, everybody on this forum was clamoring for JJ to re-sign Jason Garrett...

Not intending this post to reflect this loss, rather the trend seen from last December through today...with a ton of talent on the roster.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Jerry won't fire the GM. So that should answer your question. He is the one making the hires and drafts etc. Although his Drafts you can't question him that much, but his choice of Coaches is surely lacking big time.

And his choice of FA, pretty much questionable.

Edit: Add to it, he had DJ and Chef at Wednesday at pratice for either potential Sponsors or Suite buyers. That pretty much sums up Jerry about what is important. He wants star power more than winning, since thats what brings the Moolah, even if they are not winning that much. I am not saying winning is not very important to him, but his ego, doesn't make it easy on Cowboys players.

Reaction score
Brian_C82;2471453 said:

Wade better make this work. He and Norv are looking at their last HC jobs ever.

GoCowboysGo

Reaction score
khiladi;2471473 said:
Ratliff Wasn't In The Last Drive....

The Cowboys Still Blitzed Up The Middle...

They Tried To Bring Pressure...

One more time...

Ratliff wasn't in on the last drive or two... I think he got hurt...

Cowboys were bringing corners and everything but the kitchen sink, then they stoped!!!!! There was pressure with more than Ratliff, why did they stop that? It was working brilliantly, then they went to that stupid zone! It never works and it's barely more than prevent win.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
Quarterback Coach;2471508 said:
Wade better make this work. He and Norv are looking at their last HC jobs ever.

Maybe Jerry should coerce Norv to sign on as OC and show Garrett how an offense loaded with talent is run...

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2471030 said:
His only defense is that his defense played lights out for a majority of the game.

However, they folded when they needed to play their best. The entire team collapsed...just like the playoff game last year. Every facet of this team played its worst when they needed to play their best.
The defense held up their end of the bargain through HOW many of Romo's turnovers AND the turnover on the PIT punt that touched our guy?

They can only stop a team so many times, eventually they will wear down and give something up.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2471534 said:
The defense held up their end of the bargain through HOW many of Romo's turnovers AND the turnover on the PIT punt that touched our guy?

They can only stop a team so many times, eventually they will wear down and give something up.
Yeah, no kidding. You can't say, "They only played well for 55 minutes" when they only gave up 13 points the entire game. It doesn't matter if all 13 points are scored in the 1st quarter or last quarter. They were dominant.