Wade, Wade, Wade

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2323307 said:
It just strikes me as more than a bit contradictory for you to state that "played damn well" in one sentence, then follow-up with "they didn't play well" in the next.

Perhaps the irony is lost on you.

It sounds like Wade's own "13-3" and "13 Pro Bowlers" excuse-making to me.

And this going on all season, right up to the point where the team loses a critical game because of the lack of coaching they're getting from Phillips, then the approval numbers will plummet like they always do.

They have for the most part played very well since Phillips got here. 13-3 was a franchise record that is not a bad 1st year and many around here were predicting 8-8. Currently we are 4-1 on the season I'm sure many teams would take that right now. It really just blows my mind to see how some can give Wade no chance to prove himself after just 1 season. We are not talking 3 years of disappointment from Wade Phillips, he has been here a total of 1 season and 5 games with a 17-5 record in that time frame.

I will agree with you that if we lose in the post season then yes his supporters will be very few but as a fan of this team yes I’m going to support him and the players until they prove otherwise that is part of what a fan does.

I don’t walk around with blinders on but I do support my team instead of predicting oh they will lose because of Wade. Why not give the man a chance? I think he has done enough so far on this team to warrant that from any fan instead of nitpicking every single word as you continue to do

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;2323327 said:
I like Parcells better than Wade no matter what, but for no other reason. I don't think we'd be seeing different results, necessarily, but that's just speculation. But Parcells was done coaching, no sense having a coach who isn't into it.

17-4 imo. Break out the party hats.
The defensive results would clearly be different.

BraveHeartFan;2323329 said:
Apparently quite a few do now days. I guess 9-7 and first round playoff exits are better than 13-3 and first round playoff exits.
You left out the key ingredient.

9-7 + no playoff wins + better press conference > 13-3 + no playoff wins

khiladi

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2323329 said:
Apparently quite a few do now days. I guess 9-7 and first round playoff exits are better than 13-3 and first round playoff exits.

Like I said, the only people clamoring for Parcells are the same one's that were supportive of Parcells when he was around and after he first left.. Parcells hasn't done anything to to garner more support than from what Wade has done...

superpunk

Reaction score
khiladi;2323339 said:
Like I said, the only people clamoring for Parcells are the same one's that were supportive of Parcells when he was around and after he first left..
And the geniuses who were blaming the coaching staff for the failings of the players are now...blaming the new coaching staff for the failings of the same players.

The more things change...

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2323342 said:
And the geniuses who were blaming the coaching staff for the failings of the players are now...blaming the new coaching staff for the failings of the same players.

The more things change...

But then that would mean that Parcells didn't build a very talented roster... What did he do then?

superpunk

Reaction score
khiladi;2323351 said:
But then that would mean that Parcells didn't build a very talented roster... What did he do then?
He changed the entire direction of an organization. You should pay closer attention, then you wouldn't have to ask such stupid questions.

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2323359 said:
He changed the entire direction of an organization. You should pay closer attention, then you wouldn't have to ask such stupid questions.

An organization that constantly fails in December? Is that the direction your referring to? Hey, your the one that said the problem is the same players...

If it is the fault of the same player's that Parcells had, then what exactly did Parcells do? Brought in a bunch of losers...

Maybe you should pay closer attention, unless your dodging the question..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
superpunk;2323359 said:

I agree. I think we are a better because Parcells came to town than had he not. I think BP was the right wake up call for this team. It is up to Wade and his staff to take it the rest of the way.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
theogt;2323337 said:
The defensive results would clearly be different.

Give Bill Parcells Tony Romo for an entire season. The offensive results would clearly be different.

superpunk

Reaction score
khiladi;2323377 said:
An organization that constantly fails in December?

Maybe you should pay closer attention, unless your dodging the question..

If it is the fault of the same player's that Parcells had, then what exactly did Parcells do? Brought in a bunch of losers...
I answered your question already. You apparently disagree with my answer. There's nothing I could say to change that, except to repeat my answer in response to your repetitive question.

Discussion over.

As to scheme, I think Parcells' and Wade's "schemes" are very similar, not in style, but in what they ask of the players. Both require enormous accountability. Both essentially say "Line up here, beat your man." There's not alot of flashiness and pizzazz, it's just dominate the guy across from you, especially in the front seven.

When the players don't do that, the scheme looks faulty. When they do, it looks amazing. I have a feeling we'll have a stretch here where the defense goes back to looking amazing, and it will have nothing to do with a scheme change or Wade being more entertaining at press conferences.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
khiladi;2323377 said:

If he brought in losers, then what on earth would you call what we brought in since Jimmy Johnson?

khiladi

Reaction score
Alexander;2323396 said:
If he brought in losers, then what on earth would you call what we brought in since Jimmy Johnson?

I don't know, maybe losers that stink alot more than the losers that Parcells brought in???

superpunk

Reaction score
BTW, Miami is 2-2 and just got done beating New England and San Diego. I'd love to dig up some threads where I talked about how we should just promote Sparano and everyone went on and on about what a crappy offensive line coach he was. I wonder how many of the Wade haters would like a fiery Sparano right about now? He's certainly got the Dolphins playing WAY over their talent level.

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2323388 said:
As to scheme, I think Parcells' and Wade's "schemes" are very similar, not in style, but in what they ask of the players. Both require enormous accountability. Both essentially say "Line up here, beat your man." There's not alot of flashiness and pizzazz, it's just dominate the guy across from you, especially in the front seven.

Not in the way they attack the gaps in the front-line... Plus our coverage schemes are a little more complicated... But in terms of playing scared, they pretty much are the same...

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2323407 said:
BTW, Miami is 2-2 and just got done beating New England and San Diego. I'd love to dig up some threads where I talked about how we should just promote Sparano and everyone went on and on about what a crappy offensive line coach he was. I wonder how many of the Wade haters would like a fiery Sparano right about now? He's certainly got the Dolphins playing WAY over their talent level.

Ronnie Brown is 2-2... And that weak college football trick-play offense won't sustain jack-squat through the season... When you rely on your RB to throw TDs your not going anywhere...

superpunk

Reaction score
khiladi;2323408 said:
Not in the way they attack the gaps in the front-line... Plus our coverage schemes are a little more complicated... But in terms of playing scared, they pretty much are the same...

khiladi;2323411 said:
Ronnie Brown is 2-2... And that weak college football trick-play offense won't sustain jack-squat through the season...
Your posts have the substance of a vanilla wafer. There's simply no way for me to respond to this drivel.

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2323416 said:
Your posts have the substance of a vanilla wafer. There's simply no way for me to respond to this drivel.

Game, set, match.... Your posts pretty much rely on your 'wit'... not football knowledge...

Didn't the Cowboy players tell you that the 3-4 of Wade is fundamentally different than Parcells, especially in how they attack the gaps?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Alexander;2323385 said:
Give Bill Parcells Tony Romo for an entire season. The offensive results would clearly be different.
Like we'd go from a record setting offense to a record setting offense?

Neat.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Alexander;2323385 said:

Nobody stopped him from having that. Bill quit. He walked out on his own. So he could have had just that shot he just didn't take it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2323511 said:
Nobody stopped him from having that. Bill quit. He walked out on his own. So he could have had just that shot he just didn't take it.
Not to mention there were plenty of us calling for Romo to start by Week 2. Parcells chose to not pull the trigger.