Wade, Wade, Wade

superpunk

Reaction score
lol @ pining for Parcells now.

This island some of us have been on USED to be lonely. lmao...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2323153 said:
Please this in nothing more than you own personal disliking of the Coach, I have seen tons of press conferences and Wade did what any other coach would have done. He wanted to move on to football question and believe it or not the conference lasted for more than just that short exchange with the media pertaining to Pacman. Face it nothing Wade does is going to change your mind we could win the SB and somehow I get the feeling you will find any reason you can do discredit him

When that happens, come see me.

I'll be glad to admit I was wrong.

After all, a championship is all any of us wants.

khiladi

Reaction score
superpunk;2323174 said:

The haters of Parcells are still not 'pining' for Parcells? The people pining for Parcells are the one's that liked him in the first place...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2323175 said:
When that happens, come see me.

I'll be glad to admit I was wrong.

After all, a championship is all any of us wants.

Hey if you were not slamming wade at every turn it would at least show this is not a personal problem. Some of the arguments including this one is downright silly. He did not handle it like a real coach, he is a clown? Please this argument is so far out of touch it is ridicules and shows nothing more than a personal agenda. This team has played damn well under Phillips and if they continue to play well under him we will win. Hell we did not play that well last week and yet put up 31 points last week? Give me a break.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
khiladi;2323180 said:
The haters of Parcells are still not 'pining' for Parcells? The people pining for Parcells are the one's that liked him in the first place...

Well for me I liked BP and I like Wade, heck I like Jimmy Johnson and Tom Landry talk about a world of difference between them. All different kind of coaches but then no coach is the same. How the team responds to a HC is what matters to me.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2323191 said:
Hey if you were not slamming wade at every turn it would at least show this is not a personal problem. Some of the arguments including this one is downright silly. He did not handle it like a real coach, he is a clown? Please this argument is so far out of touch it is ridicules and shows nothing more than a personal agenda. This team has played damn well under Phillips and if they continue to play well under him we will win. Hell we did not play that well last week and yet put up 31 points last week? Give me a break.

Please continue to attempt to put words in my mouth, overexaggerate things, and blow things out of proportion if that's what you need to make your case.

Doesn't make any of it accurate or true.

Here's your 'break', you just contradicted yourself in consecutive sentences.

The team has played 'damn well under Phillips', yet they 'did not play well last week'.

At least you're consistant...

:rolleyes:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2321857 said:
Wow. Using a PC where Wade has to address an idiotic issue he had nothing to do with creating as justification to bash him again?

Figures.

Typical. You knew they'd have to use this as a way to bash him when all he was wanting the media to understand is that he didn't know all the things they wanted to know and wanted them to wait and talk to Jerry about it cause Jerry knew more about it.

I guess he's a bad guy for not going around and talking about the situation that really he had nothing to do with.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2323206 said:
Please continue to attempt to put words in my mouth, overexaggerate things, and blow things out of proportion if that's what you need to make your case.

Doesn't make any of it accurate or true.

Here's your 'break', you just contradicted yourself in consecutive sentences.

The team has played 'damn well under Phillips', yet they 'did not play well last week'.

At least you're consistant...

:rolleyes:

No contradictions at all teams do not play well ever week but good teams find a way to overcome a down day. Are you telling me Jimmy Johnson teams played great every week? I don't expect the Cowboys to play perfect every week and along the way I expect we will drop another game or 2 it is part of the game of football and sports in general with in a season every team is going to have a bump in the road during a season or just a down day. As for putting words in your mouth I have not done that how can I when you have your foot in it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2323248 said:
No contradictions at all teams do not play well ever week but good teams find a way to overcome a down day. Are you telling me Jimmy Johnson teams played great every week? I don't expect the Cowboys to play perfect every week and along the way I expect we will drop another game or 2 it is part of the game of football and sports in general with in a season every team is going to have a bump in the road during a season or just a down day. As for putting words in your mouth I have not done that how can I when you have your foot in it.

Yeah, no contradiction at all. I'll let anyone else who reads it decide for themselves.

Keep the blinders on and continue to make up whatever you'd like to support your point.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2322613 said:
I agree. But he handled the whole situation terribly.

Just ask yourself, how would Parcells have handled that situation? A little different than Wade I bet. Thats what I mean by I dont think he can handle the pressure and limelight.

Coach Parcells would probably not have Jones on the football team to begin with. Even if he did, he would be a little less defensive, not quite as supportive of the player and probably make the media look foolish. However, as stated before, he was not exactly stopping the media in their tracks when Owens "overdosed". Sometimes you let the media have their moment and there is not much any coach can do.

As for Phillips not being able to handle the pressure and limelight, he has bigger issues handling his team than for us to be concerned about how he manipulates or does not manipulate the press. It is not his style and never will be.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
At least Wade isn't eating hot dogs on the sidelines or trying to carry guns onto an airplane. At least that's something.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2321866 said:
so this is the 1st thread in the history of the internets where it's gone off on another tangent? :rolleyes:

you're just as predictable, people bash Wade, and you run to his defense
Wait.....OMG.....there's more than 1 internet? what?........All this time I have been on the wrong internet............Somebody help me find the other internets........

Sorry man had to do it......needed the giggle:laugh2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
stasheroo;2323258 said:
Yeah, no contradiction at all. I'll let anyone else who reads it decide for themselves.

Keep the blinders on and continue to make up whatever you'd like to support your point.

What by saying Dallas did not 'did not play well last week'? Who won the game? We did not play great and yet put up 31 points. As I said even the great teams of the 90's did not play great every week and they lost games they shouldn't have and won some they should have lost that is the way the things go in the NFL. I think most would understand that. I'd be more inclined to agree with you if Wade had been here 3 years and lost playoff games fact is he has been here one year posting a franchise best 13-3 record and while we did lose in post season we lost to a very hot NYG team who also managed to beat everyone including the undefeated Pats in the SB.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hostile;2323282 said:
At least Wade isn't eating hot dogs on the sidelines or trying to carry guns onto an airplane. At least that's something.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/04-05/0429switzer.jpg

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;2323290 said:
What by saying Dallas did not 'did not play well last week'? Who won the game? We did not play great and yet put up 31 points. As I said even the great teams of the 90's did not play great every week and they lost games they shouldn't have and won some they should have lost that is the way the things go in the NFL. I think most would understand that. I'd be more inclined to agree with you if Wade had been here 3 years and lost playoff games fact is he has been here one year posting a franchise best 13-3 record and while we did lose in post season we lost to a very hot NYG team who also managed to beat everyone including the undefeated Pats in the SB.

It just strikes me as more than a bit contradictory for you to state that "played damn well" in one sentence, then follow-up with "they didn't play well" in the next.

Perhaps the irony is lost on you.

It sounds like Wade's own "13-3" and "13 Pro Bowlers" excuse-making to me.

And this going on all season, right up to the point where the team loses a critical game because of the lack of coaching they're getting from Phillips, then the approval numbers will plummet like they always do.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
tunahelper;2321764 said:
He comes across as a clown in the PC. He cannot not even handle the media asking questions about this incident?

Think on your feet Wade its not difficult to dodge their questions and he looks like a deer in the headlights.

he's looked like that for years.

thinking on his feet doesn't seemt to be a strong point for Wade.

otoh playing dumb (playing?), ignoring problems and saying all is well is his forté

ymmv.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
superpunk;2323174 said:

Wait, you would actually prefer Parcells over Wade?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
LOL at the idea that PCs are the measure of a coach. By that standard, Jon Gruden is a better coach than Bill Belichick.

For that matter, Dave Campo is a better coach than Bill Belichick. "That's an endah!"

And BTW, it's my opinion that the world is flat. Don't anyone trivialize my opinion by telling me it's round.

superpunk

Reaction score
theogt;2323325 said:
I like Parcells better than Wade no matter what, but for no other reason. I don't think we'd be seeing different results, necessarily, but that's just speculation. But Parcells was done coaching, no sense having a coach who isn't into it.

17-4 imo. Break out the party hats.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;2323325 said:

Apparently quite a few do now days. I guess 9-7 and first round playoff exits are better than 13-3 and first round playoff exits.