Wade Wilson "Impressed" by Johnny Manziel's Pro Day

DFWJC

Reaction score
The best single season ever in the SEC for passing yards was by Tim Couch (and 1st overall pick)

Also...
Andre Woodson, Danny Wuerfful (and Heisman winner), and Jared Lorenzon are way up there too.
All massive NFL busts.

Just saying. Nothing is for sure.

Last edited:

Deep_South

Reaction score
False

Bridgewater
Statistics

9,817 yards

68.4 completion percentage

72 touchdowns

24 interceptions

157.2 QB rating

Manziel
Statistics

7,820 yards

68.9 completion percentage

63 touchdowns

22 interceptions

164.0 QB rating

in no world does 7,XXX = 9,XXX. Furthermore, Teddy's first season wasnt a full season. You'll notice they have an almost identical YPA.

Notice I said "Manziel put up as many yards in offense in 2 seasons as Teddy did in 3". I didn't say "passing yards". Perhaps you would want to go back and re-calculate, adding in the 2,169 yds rushing Manziel had in 2 years and add in the 170 yds Teddy had on the ground in 3. I did that before I made the claim.

I came up with:
Manziel 9989 in 2 years
Teddy 9987 in 3 years

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
I don't want him anywhere near the Cowboys. I can't wait for another team to waste a draft pick on him and this nonsense can finally be over.

jimmy40

Reaction score
The best part was wearing the pads so he wouldn't look so scrawny.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised by a trade up for Manziel if he slipped down out of the top 5 (this does not mean that I think it is likely). I'm not sure I've ever actually posted my thoughts on a college prospect because I know I'm entirely to ignorant in that regard to spew an opinion on it. However, I think Manziel is going to be a transcendent top tier QB in this league. There are many examples of QB's who are not the most physically gifted who still become the greatest of their generation (not that Manziel hasn't demonstrated excellent athleticism, he just may not fit the prototypical #1 overall drafted qb mold). I believe the position is highly dependent on the mentality that the player possesses, and to me it seems like he has that special brand of moxie that translates to the field as a play maker.

His career will certainly be an interesting one to follow though, good or bad.

I agree. He certainly had the IT factor at A & M. Fun guy to watch.

theSHOW

Reaction score
This is surely plausible but the flip side is the immense potential you have in him. Like most guys at his age, he has a little growing to do but don't let that cloud our judgment of his talent and potential to excel at the next level. Dez seems to be doing alright. (Knock on wood)

If you move up to draft Jonny then you better knock on wood with both hands. But I do believe that if you do believe in a guy, then you should surely move up and get him. However I do not think that Johnny will be a top NFL QB

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't Aaron Murray more highly regarded pre-injury?

Just sayin'...

:rolleyes:

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
I'm not sure I would want Johnny just because he doesn't help us now because Romo isnt going anywhere anytime soon and we need some help. No way I trade up for him but it would be interesting if for some reason he was at 16, he'd be nice to have for the future and all if something happened to Romo.

I'd try to trade down to a team who didn't expect him to be there and get a nice pick but I'm not sure, it would be interesting seeing how Jerry just gushes over the guy.

CooterBrown

Reaction score
The Texans have been jealous about the Cowboys hold on Texas for as long as that franchise has existed. Now, they have a chance to take a Texas Hill Country QB, and an Aggie QB, who won a Heisman Trophy. And considering that their previous starting QB is gone, there is no chance the Texans don't draft Manziel. To Texan fans, they don't have to be the best team in the NFL, just better than the Cowboys. If they passed on Manziel, their season ticket holders would mutiny.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Texans have been jealous about the Cowboys hold on Texas for as long as that franchise has existed. Now, they have a chance to take a Texas Hill Country QB, and an Aggie QB, who won a Heisman Trophy. And considering that their previous starting QB is gone, there is no chance the Texans don't draft Manziel. To Texan fans, they don't have to be the best team in the NFL, just better than the Cowboys. If they passed on Manziel, their season ticket holders would mutiny.

I remember something similar said about Vince Young.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
I assumed that is what you were saying, but was holding out hope otherwise.

He was 100% right. His dad, as you know (or should know as a Cowboy fan) was battling cancer, and that is the very obvious reason why he said that.

I do think he was pissed about losing and should not have said it to a blood-thirsty media waiting to feed the angry fan base. He should have lied, I guess, or not said anything at all. But of course there are SO many things more important than winning a football game. You can be sure Roger Staubach agreed with him 1000%.

People went nuts over that without knowing the real story.
Can't believe all these years later there are still some holding that over him. No worries, you are not alone.
The guy loves the game with a passion and takes losses horribly.

Do you have a link proving that this quote was in relation to that? I only ask because I've heard people make several excuses for Romo in that regard including his Grandfather passing away. From what I read, his father was declared cancer free in January of 2008 which was almost a full year before Romo uttered those words.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Dont like him. Comes across as a complete ####

Better than the nice guy attitude we have floating around.

Manziel would be the best thing to happen to the cowboys, to bad we are never that lucky. I would trade Romo for him in a ny minute

joseephuss

Reaction score

There is a great chance that they will not draft Manziel.