Wade Wilson "Impressed" by Johnny Manziel's Pro Day

jimmy40

Reaction score
Lol. Just what I was thinking. Who does pro day in pads and a helmet? No one. He completed 61 of 63 and all 63 were snaps from under center. Remember, that's one of the big criticisms out there.. that he takes too many snaps from the shotgun. I think whoever lands him will be gaining an immense amount of talent at the field general position.
he did a nice job reading the defense as he was dropping back also.

Deep_South

Reaction score
Teddy has far better skills than manziel...like he already has run his own offense for years...thats kinda priority #1 for the nfl

I'm not sure what you mean by "has run his own offense", but Manziel put up as many yards in offense in 2 seasons as Teddy did in 3, probably against better competition.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
With his pro day workout, he is not making it out of the top 5.................so this wet dream of him coming to Dallas needs to end.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
Though he only turned 21 in November, there is no draftable quarterback more ready to be a face-of-the-franchise quarterback than Bridgewater

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/02/teddy-bridgewater-2014-nfl-draft/

“Teddy’s been taught from day one that I want him to be the coordinator at the line of scrimmage because he can be far better than me.” —Shawn Watson

Bridgewater also has an audible system at his disposal, with the same goal as every good NFL system: stay out of bad plays. If the play Watson has called has little chance of success against a particular defense, Bridgewater can change the play entirely at the line of scrimmage.

Finally, Bridgewater redirects the offensive line protections by either identifying the middle linebacker in man-to-man protections, or directing the slide one way or the other in zone.

You’d be hard-pressed to find many, if any, college quarterbacks that are asked to do that much, especially at 21 years old and in a completely full-field read progression system. Most of the recent top drafted quarterbacks, like E.J. Manuel, Geno Smith and Robert Griffin III, came from systems that called for quarterbacks to only read half or a quarter of the field. Bridgewater has the ability to direct the ball to any part of the field on every snap.

Zordon

Reaction score
maybe JFF will pull an Eli and refuse to go to certain teams and give Dallas an opening to draft him.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
maybe JFF will pull an Eli and refuse to go to certain teams and give Dallas an opening to draft him.

He better hope Houston drafts him, if he slips to Cleveland at 4 his career will be over before it started.

If I got drafted by the Browns I'd pull an Eli and refuse to play for that franchise.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if we didn't have Romo or he had to retire due to his injury.

Would Jerry trade the farm to move up for Manziel? I think so and I'd be cool with it.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score

If we told him he was going to sit behind Romo for three years, we would quickly find ourselves added to that list of teams he would refuse :)

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "has run his own offense", but Manziel put up as many yards in offense in 2 seasons as Teddy did in 3, probably against better competition.

False

Bridgewater
Statistics

9,817 yards

68.4 completion percentage

72 touchdowns

24 interceptions

157.2 QB rating

Manziel
Statistics

7,820 yards

68.9 completion percentage

63 touchdowns

22 interceptions

164.0 QB rating

in no world does 7,XXX = 9,XXX. Furthermore, Teddy's first season wasnt a full season. You'll notice they have an almost identical YPA.

Apollo Creed

Reaction score
False

Bridgewater
Statistics

9,817 yards

68.4 completion percentage

72 touchdowns

24 interceptions

157.2 QB rating

Manziel
Statistics

7,820 yards

68.9 completion percentage

63 touchdowns

22 interceptions

164.0 QB rating

in no world does 7,XXX = 9,XXX. Furthermore, Teddy's first season wasnt a full season. You'll notice they have an almost identical YPA.

SEC>Everything

I like Bridgewater but his quality of competition is nothing compared to JFFs.

Zordon

Reaction score
If we told him he was going to sit behind Romo for three years, we would quickly find ourselves added to that list of teams he would refuse :)

He'd sit for one year. Then Romo would either be traded or released. Sacrifice one year w/ the accelerated cap hit then get a top draft spot in 2017 to build around Manziel who would have 2 years remaining on his rookie deal.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
If the Texans wait until draft day to make their selection, this might be the most watched draft in the history of the NFL. I have no idea who's going where. There are so many plots and potential twists. Couple that with this being the deepest draft in decades and we are in store for some excitement.

Too bad the draft wasn't the same day as the NBA final. It would be hilarious watching Cuban cry as the NFL stomps all over the ratings war and the NBA is looking up to the Weather Channel.

fifaguy

Reaction score
dr-evil-right.gif

Solution

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised by a trade up for Manziel if he slipped down out of the top 5 (this does not mean that I think it is likely). I'm not sure I've ever actually posted my thoughts on a college prospect because I know I'm entirely to ignorant in that regard to spew an opinion on it. However, I think Manziel is going to be a transcendent top tier QB in this league. There are many examples of QB's who are not the most physically gifted who still become the greatest of their generation (not that Manziel hasn't demonstrated excellent athleticism, he just may not fit the prototypical #1 overall drafted qb mold). I believe the position is highly dependent on the mentality that the player possesses, and to me it seems like he has that special brand of moxie that translates to the field as a play maker.

His career will certainly be an interesting one to follow though, good or bad.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
If the Texans wait until draft day to make their selection, this might be the most watched draft in the history of the NFL. I have no idea who's going where. There are so many plots and potential twists. Couple that with this being the deepest draft in decades and we are in store for some excitement.

Too bad the draft wasn't the same day as the NBA final. It would be hilarious watching Cuban cry as the NFL stomps all over the ratings war and the NBA is looking up to the Weather Channel.

Yep. You're going to have to snuggle in with your popcorn for this draft. Major ratings potential.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Some see greatness by wearing pads and a helmet I see an attention *****. Whoever drafts this head case is gonna see plenty of headlines...all bad.

Strip clubs, paternity suits, DUIs and whatever else this diva thinks he is entitled to.

I for one would literally **** if we moved up to snag Johnny! Doubt it, but I would not be UNHAPPY to say the least. Nor would JJ and Stephen.