Wade Wilson "Impressed" by Johnny Manziel's Pro Day

DFWJC

Reaction score
He has the strongest arm of the top qbs (depending on how you see Carr). He has the most accurate arm. He has the best mobility. He's the most competitive. He had the best college career.

I just see Roger when I see him. What was it Dan Reeves said about Staubach, that no matter what they were playing that Roger was so competitive that he was always on the winning team? That's what I see with Manziel.

He's a star with swagger. I like that. And if you want to see quarterbacks who liked to party, you should head to the Hall of Fame. It's filled with them.

If he gets to 6 we should definitely consider trading up, IMO.

Go vote on this

http://cowboyszone.com/threads/6-draft-scenarios-for-manziel-you-choose.286341/

DFWJC

Reaction score
We need those QBs who thinks losing isn't a big deal. I'd hate to have a QB like Manziel who is passionate about winning.

You can't possibly think that the current QB here--who has played with broken ribs (multiple times), punctured lung, busted back, busted...everything--does not have a burning passion to win.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
I think if Bridgewater had Manziel's skill-set, he would be the consensus number 1 pick in the draft. A lot of the animosity towards Johnny Football has nothing to do with football, IMO.

Teddy has far better skills than manziel...like he already has run his own offense for years...thats kinda priority #1 for the nfl

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
He has the strongest arm of the top qbs (depending on how you see Carr). He has the most accurate arm. He has the best mobility. He's the most competitive. He had the best college career.

Id say around 75% of this is false

DFWJC

Reaction score
Actually it's the reverse. RG3 has proven zilch at the NFL level.

Hey Bleu
What has Johnny proven at the NFL level?
Less than zilch is the only correct answer.

That could change, of course.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hey Bleu
What has Johnny proven at the NFL level?
Less than zilch is the only correct answer.

That could change, of course.

I just think calling him a poor man's RG3 is highly inaccurate. It doesn't get any poorer than RGDiva.

KB1122

Reaction score
One thing we haven't really talked about - being the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys is a big deal. That makes confidence is a big deal. Manziel might succeed or fail for a variety of reasons, but I don't think the job would be too big for him.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
One thing we haven't really talked about - being the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys is a big deal. That makes confidence is a big deal. Manziel might succeed or fail for a variety of reasons, but I don't think the job would be too big for him.

Yep. The spotlight is not an issue with this guy. He loves it.

EST_1986

Reaction score
You can't possibly think that the current QB here--who has played with broken ribs (multiple times), punctured lung, busted back, busted...everything--does not have a burning passion to win.

Don't make me pull out the "if losing a sporting event is the worst thing" quote out.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Is this confirmed? Or scheduled prior to his workout? Grrr I will hate the Texans more then I do now if they get him

I called my dad who lives in Houston & he said it was the lead story on the news there. Yes Johnny is there meeting with the Texans.

I don't know if this was scheduled prior to his workout but I think it was based on his workout yesterday but don't quote me on that! :p

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see the odds of Dallas drafting Manziel, or any other first/second round rated quarterback, improving based upon the true condition of Romo's back. No one outside of Romo, his doctor, Jones, Stephen and Garrett has any real knowledge about his condition or projected durability. There have been too many instances of Jones injury jargon over the years to truly believe any of the franchise-based comments made about Romo's expected health thus far. And the Dallas media has zero investigative ability or desire to find out anything on the subject outside of whatever Jones spews for them.

Personally, I will only be convinced after seeing Romo take a few hits. Even so, it is reasonable to assume Jones has more insight into Romo's condition than the vast majority of observers. I can see him pulling the trigger on a first or second round quarterback if he has doubts about Romo's back. If so, it will not surprise me in the least not seeing that pick carry a clipboard for a couple of seasons. I would fully expect Manziel or whomever to start sometime during the 2014 season--and my personal expectation would formulate this May 8th or 9th.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't make me pull out the "if losing a sporting event is the worst thing" quote out.

I assumed that is what you were saying, but was holding out hope otherwise.

He was 100% right. His dad, as you know (or should know as a Cowboy fan) was battling cancer, and that is the very obvious reason why he said that.

I do think he was pissed about losing and should not have said it to a blood-thirsty media waiting to feed the angry fan base. He should have lied, I guess, or not said anything at all. But of course there are SO many things more important than winning a football game. You can be sure Roger Staubach agreed with him 1000%.

People went nuts over that without knowing the real story.
Can't believe all these years later there are still some holding that over him. No worries, you are not alone.
The guy loves the game with a passion and takes losses horribly.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I have no doubts that if Johnny Manziel falls to #16, he will be a Dallas Cowboy.
Seriously, how many more years does Romo have? Really?
Romo is hitting the age where injuries will be more common place than rare.
And Manziel wearing the star will keep Dallas in the news, even more so than it is now.
And keep people coming to Jerry Dome. And keep Jerry in the spotlight. "Are you not entertained?!!!!"
Oh, yeah. If JM makes it to the Cowboys, you might as well inscribe his name outside the new stadium.
He's that much of a sure bet to wear the silver and blue. Jerry Jones couldn't resist himself and will veto every last scout and coach who doesn't want Manziel.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
No doubt tyke1doe. If he falls to 16 (highly highly improbable) The Cowboys brass will snatch him, masquerade him in a wedding dress, (ala Ricky Williams) and call it a day..lol

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
its the excitement after a good pro day...enthusiasm will settle down and people will go back to their doubts and film...the film doesn't lie....

with that said, its between him and brotles, neither of which is going top 10 IMO....but some team may trade down and pick them 10-20.

I think bridgewater may drop to top of the 2nd...

Manziel's short passes fluttered pretty badly too. When he's just winding up and heaving it downfield it looks good, but Griffin did a lot of that this past year and it didn't work out well for him.

Bridgewater should've worn his gloves for his pro day. I think like you said, the film doesn't lie, and Bridgewater's got amazing film.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
For the record, I like Bridgewater too. He seems like a more likely possibility to be there at 16. I tell you what. The brain matter will be overheating in the Dallas war room if Bridgewater is sitting there at 16 and they have to choose between that and a Dline pick.