Wade's press conference

Tobal

Reaction score
khiladi;2262804 said:
Are you trying to argue that the Eagles didn't gift-wrap that for the Cowboys?

This isn't a dispute about the Dallas Cowboys offense playing well, but whether our defense played well or not... Our offense also took up a huge portion of the TOP the last few drives, which prevented the eagles from getting some consistency back in their offense.

I'm pointing out that fumbling 70 yrds away is not equal to fumbling in your own endzone.... The Dallas defense had no chance to prevent those points.

The Eagles had every chance to stop Dallas Offense

This was about how the defense played, I felt the post saying Philly gave Dallas 7 was pointless and untrue, now I could accept it being pointed out that the Eagles offense let the Dallas defense off the hook with that fumble, but that's not what was said.

Dallas defense played bad and if I owned this team, I'd be asking Wade what he was going to do to stop the penalties and fix the defense.

jman

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2261801 said:
Wade's sickening disregard for the team's obvious lack of discipline is outrageous. Does he have a clue?

You can be serious about Wade not having a clue, so your main beef sounds like you are upset that he didn't personally address the issue with you in the press confrence.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Wade should have been like

"Im glad we won but we cannot be a playoff team with this kind of discipline, We have alot of work to do to get alot better"
"We have to start taking care of the ball and stop committing turnovers"
"The defensive side of the ball has to get better"

Instead he makes dumb comments. He didn't even know Romo threw a INT. Wade doesn't push his players to get better on a week to week basis.

He gloats about how great they are.

Tobal

Reaction score
I wish he said he gave a **** about the penalties, and I wish he'd admit when we don't play well, but as long as he's not as mamby *** with the team I'm ok with it.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2262812 said:
That lose in the playoffs because of lack of discipline.

Sorry, that is wrong. The playoff loss against the Giants was because our OL didn't give Romo any time in the pocket in the second half. If we keep Romo off his kiester for even a small portion of the second half against the Giants we win that game even with the penalties.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
SMCowboy;2262844 said:
Sorry, that is wrong. The playoff loss against the Giants was because our OL didn't give Romo any time in the pocket in the second half. If we keep Romo off his kiester for even a small portion of the second half against the Giants we win that game even with the penalties.

Please those penalties killed good drives and gave the giants good field position.

People don't realize but penalties can be huge momentum killers and boosters

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I was disappointed in the defense but when they needed to step up late in the game they did. Eagles are not some slob team some around here are making them out to be, just because they don't like Philly. Defense for Dallas did do some good things but we need to be more aggressive than we played last night.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;2261626 said:
"Defense played well. Made plays at the end. Offense played great. We had a few penalties but nothing too bad. It was a great game..ohhweeee boy what a game. McNabb is good. Philly is good. We are good. That sure was a fun game, wudn't it?"

Well, I feel so much better about this game now! :bang2:

:laugh2: :)

lspain1

Reaction score
The penalties are going to be a BIG deal if we don't correct them. I think it would be OK for Wade to admit to problems from time to time but that doesn't seem to be the way he operates.

SMCowboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2262847 said:
Please those penalties killed good drives and gave the giants good field position.

I am not doubting that they are huge momentum killers, they definately are. But, what killed us against the Giants in the second half wasn't penalties, we never could get any momentum going in the second half, because Romo spent the whole second half on his kiester.

Penalties were not the reason that Marion Barber could only get 28 yards on 11 carries in the second half. Or the reason that Tony Romo was 12 of 25 with 1 INT, 2 sacks, and was called for intentional grounding tring to avoid a 3rd sack.

Also, on the Giants scores, they had ONE short field the other drives were 71 yards and 77 yards, and that was in large part because of a 25 yard punt return, not because of penalties.

I am not saying penalties didn't hurt, because they certainly did. But, to act like penalties cost us the Giants game is wrong, we win that game easily even with the penalties if we keep Romo upright most of the second half and the WR's actually hold onto the football when it hits them in the hands.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Real1st;2262819 said:
Wade should have been like

"Im glad we won but we cannot be a playoff team with this kind of discipline, We have alot of work to do to get alot better"
"We have to start taking care of the ball and stop committing turnovers"
"The defensive side of the ball has to get better"

Instead he makes dumb comments. He didn't even know Romo threw a INT. Wade doesn't push his players to get better on a week to week basis.

He gloats about how great they are.

I agree.

He reminds a lot of how Mike D'Antoni was, while coaching the Phoenix Suns, for those of you who watch basketball.

Always having good regular season records, then losing in the playoffs every year, but saying afterwards that the better team did not win the series. Usually directed to the Spurs lol. I wish Wade was more like Gregg Popovich as far as being able to instill some discipline into his team.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm getting tired of the "Mr. Glass Half Full" act myself.

The defense stepped up when they had to, but they did not play well.

Offense and special teams allowed the Cowboys to win that game.

And Wade had better stop trying to convince the world that everything's fine because it's not.

He and Stewart were brought in for one thing - to maximize the investment that Jerry Jones made in this team's defense. Thus far they have failed to do that.

And glossing over and ignoring problems isn't going to make them go away.

And if Wade doesn't correct them, he'll be the guy 'going away'.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Real1st;2262847 said:

So do you also want Wade to coach Anthony Henry how not to have his jersey grabbed and be pulled by the WR into an interference call?

khiladi

Reaction score
stasheroo;2263051 said:
I'm getting tired of the "Mr. Glass Half Full" act myself.

The defense stepped up when they had to, but they did not play well.

Offense and special teams allowed the Cowboys to win that game.

And Wade had better stop trying to convince the world that everything's fine because it's not.

He and Stewart were brought in for one thing - to maximize the investment that Jerry Jones made in this team's defense. Thus far they have failed to do that.

And glossing over and ignoring problems isn't going to make them go away.

And if Wade doesn't correct them, he'll be the guy 'going away'.

Exactly... Plus, football is a four quarter sport.. If you suck in the first half, but excel in the second, you better work on correcting the first half play... Second half play doesn't cut it through the season...

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I still wonder why people get so upset at what Wade says to the Media? What good does it do the team to have your coach publicly blast you to the media after a win? I think you guys got to use to Bill Parcells walking around dogging every player that played good whether we won or lost. And the last time i checked he didn't win a playoff game either.

You have no idea what he says to the team, or what will be done this week. This was a tough divisional game, against a playoff team, that has owned us since 99. You can whine all you want about what Wade says to the media, but i will wait to see next week how this team responds to figure out what he truly said behind closed doors.

Carry on with the "sky is falling, Wade sucks" comments though

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
peplaw06;2263063 said:
So do you also want Wade to coach Anthony Henry how not to have his jersey grabbed and be pulled by the WR into an interference call?

Nice spin.

All the spinners that come out the wood work is funny. We all know that was a bad call.

But that wasn't the only dumb penalty of the game.

Nice try though.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
SMCowboy;2262844 said:

Lack of discipline, lack of focus, lack of execution....it's all the same thing. Wade needs to nip the stuff in the bud...NOW.... not in the fourth quarter of a playoff game he is losing AGAIN.

No one is saying he needs to call people out in the media, but I just don't see a focused discplined team...they are winning on sheer talent....that doesn't cut it in the playoffs when teams kick it up a notch.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
dargonking999;2263065 said:
I still wonder why people get so upset at what Wade says to the Media? What good does it do the team to have your coach publicly blast you to the media after a win? I think you guys got to use to Bill Parcells walking around dogging every player that played good whether we won or lost. And the last time i checked he didn't win a playoff game either.

You have no idea what he says to the team, or what will be done this week. This was a tough divisional game, against a playoff team, that has owned us since 99. You can whine all you want about what Wade says to the media, but i will wait to see next week how this team responds to figure out what he truly said behind closed doors.

Carry on with the "sky is falling, Wade sucks" comments though

Obviously what he says behind close doors isn't working if they still are committing dumb penalties. We whine because we want this team to win a Super Bowl and your buddy Wade hasn't won a playoff game ever and this franchise hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years