Wade's press conference

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real1st;2263071 said:
Nice spin.

All the spinners that come out the wood work is funny. We all know that was a bad call.

But that wasn't the only dumb penalty of the game.

Nice try though.
Do you really consider pointing out that bad PI call against Henry spin? That was a bad call no matter how you look at it. Henry didn't touch him. He was looking at the ball and the receiver grabbed him and brought him to the ground.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2263154 said:
Underachieve? We just beat the Eagles. What world do you live on? Jebus. Yeah, I'll keep cheering as long as we keep winning -- that's right -- we're 2-0 and you want to fire the entire coaching staff!

Overreact much?

People like you like to deal in absolutes, I don't. Am I happy that the team won? Sure I am. That's obviously what we all want. BUt that doesn't mean that all is perfect either. I saw a defense that did not play well overall and then I had to listen to a head coach tell me to not believe my lyin' eyes. He can lie to himself, but not to me.

Wade likes to say that the penalties are his fault. Fine. Then it's his fault that the team is having way too many costly penalties each week and he doesn't seem to feel a need to eliminate them but rather to downplay them. Maybe, that's just the reason why this guy has never won a game that really mattered?

theogt said:
Did you not watch the special teams? They were a boon last night not a downside.

I did think they did a better job than they had been, but I attribute a lot of their success to Felix Jones' skills rather than anything Bruce Reed suddenly came up with. Kickoff coverage is still average at best.

My point is that despite getting the win, there's still plenty of work to be done in order for this team to fulfill its' potential and I don't care to hear Wade Phillips doing his Animal House version of "All is well".

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2263316 said:
Do you really consider pointing out that bad PI call against Henry spin? That was a bad call no matter how you look at it. Henry didn't touch him. He was looking at the ball and the receiver grabbed him and brought him to the ground.

Because im not talking about that damn call.

Im talking about the calls that the refs made that they were supposed too.

Bad calls were made on both sides of the table. Thats no excuse for this team committing penalties.

Hell we dodged the bullet on those two face masks that were not called.
The Henry penalty was B.S. yes leave it alone im not talking about that we all know that was a bad call.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263317 said:
Overreact much?

People like you like to deal in absolutes, I don't. Am I happy that the team won? Sure I am. That's obviously what we all want. BUt that doesn't mean that all is perfect either. I saw a defense that did not play well overall and then I had to listen to a head coach tell me to not believe my lyin' eyes. He can lie to himself, but not to me.

Wade likes to say that the penalties are his fault. Fine. Then it's his fault that the team is having way too many costly penalties each week and he doesn't seem to feel a need to eliminate them but rather to downplay them. Maybe, that's just the reason why this guy has never won a game that really mattered?

I did think they did a better job than they had been, but I attribute a lot of their success to Felix Jones' skills rather than anything Bruce Reed suddenly came up with. Kickoff coverage is still average at best.

My point is that despite getting the win, there's still plenty of work to be done in order for this team to fulfill its' potential and I don't care to hear Wade Phillips doing his Animal House version of "All is well".

The special teams played lights out. The coverage was good Desean Jackson didn't get lose on us.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2263330 said:
Says the guy that wants to dump the coaches after a huge win.

Never said that.

I said that if Phillips continues to downplay this team's issues, he'll be gone - as in after this season.

But spin it any way you want if it helps your case.

If this team continues to play as sloppily as they have, they'll lose once again when it counts.

And Phillips can use the 'glass is half full' line on his way out of town.

I'm happy with the win, but there's certainly some room for improvement.

hmcorp

Reaction score
all that matters is that tank jonhons and other defensive leaders after winning the game came off the field looking dissapointed and pissed.

this coach is a moron. wade is a complete idiot.

but our players are talented and know when improvement needs to be made.

the players have to ocach themselves with this team.

unless you have an O on your name for offense.

garrett will lay into you if you screw up.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Real1st;2263331 said:
Because im not talking about that damn call.

Im talking about the calls that the refs made that they were supposed too.

Bad calls were made on both sides of the table. Thats no excuse for this team committing penalties.

Hell we dodged the bullet on those two face masks that were not called.
The Henry penalty was B.S. yes leave it alone im not talking about that we all know that was a bad call.
I don't think you'll find anyone not saying that the team needs to get better at penalties. But how is acknowledging that there were bad calls in the high number, spin, tho? You acknowledge that certain calls were bad calls, but if someone else does it, it's spin. I don't understand. But maybe it's not for me to understand when one is in "real" mode.

Point is, there was some critical calls made against the 'boys that if they hadn't occurred, one could argue that the team wouldn't have scored as much as they did and there wouldn't be as many people upset about those penalties.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2263366 said:
I don't think you'll find anyone not saying that the team needs to get better at penalties. But how is acknowledging that there were bad calls in the high number, spin, tho? You acknowledge that certain calls were bad calls, but if someone else does it, it's spin. I don't understand. But maybe it's not for me to understand when one is in "real" mode.

Point is, there was some critical calls made against the 'boys that if they hadn't occurred, one could argue that the team wouldn't have scored as much as they did and there wouldn't be as many people upset about those penalties.

Because the only bad call that was made against the boys was the Henry call. Which would have never happened if Romo hadn't turned over the ball. He tried to spin it to make his point when it had nothing to do with what i was talking about. Basically he implies that all the calls were bad calls last night. We had one call go against us and we had three in our favor. And you people are complain about the refs screwing us?

I have seen it all on this board. Amazing.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2263370 said:
Because the only bad call that was made against the boys was the Henry call. Which would have never happened if Romo hadn't turned over the ball. He tried to spin it to make his point when it had nothing to do with what i was talking about. Basically he implies that all the calls were bad calls last night. We had one call go against us and we had three in our favor. And you people are complain about the refs screwing us?

I have seen it all on this board. Amazing.

You also forgot about the Westbrook stiff-arms not called. You also forgot about all those blows to the head to Romo not called.

Yah-the refs were really favoring us, eh?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263354 said:
Never said that.
Sure thing. Spin it any way you like, but you're calling for the heads of the coaches when we're 2-0 and clearly the best team in the NFL. Good luck with that.

Disturbed

A Mere Flesh Wound
Reaction score
Two areas of concern from last nights game -- defense and penalties.

It seems Dallas is one of the leaders in the penalty category every year. We just can't help from shooting ourselves in the foot. And the penalties come during critical times....just not smart or championship caliber football. Wade needs to address this issue from another angle because whatever they are doing today it is not working...

The defense was shockingly bad in the first half last night. After all the hype and excitement this off-season about our defense it was extremely disappointing to see this performance. Wade was very upbeat about the defense performance in his press conference which was also a little upsetting. It appears that he watched a different game.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2263385 said:
Sure thing. Spin it any way you like, but you're calling for the heads of the coaches when we're 2-0 and clearly the best team in the NFL. Good luck with that.

You're making stuff up and accusing me of spinning?

Yeah right.

I'm not 'calling for Wade's head'. I'm stating that unless he wakes up and fixes this team's issues, he'll again win nothing and be out of town - and here's the part you seem to keep missing - at season's end. I can type it again for you if you'd like.

If you think this team is 'clearly the best team in the NFL' we'll talk after Sunday Night. The same defense shows up from last night and we'll see about your claim then.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263380 said:
You also forgot about the Westbrook stiff-arms not called. You also forgot about all those blows to the head to Romo not called.

Yah-the refs were really favoring us, eh?

Yea what about the horse collar Ellis made? What about the three blatant face mask that werent called?

Keep trying to blame the ref and making excuses for the lack of dicipline for of this team

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263400 said:
You're making stuff up and accusing me of spinning?

Yeah right.
O RLY?

I'm not 'calling for Wade's head'. I'm stating that unless he wakes up and fixes this team's issues, he'll again win nothing and be out of town - and here's the part you seem to keep missing - at season's end. I can type it again for you if you'd like.

If you think this team is 'clearly the best team in the NFL' we'll talk after Sunday Night. The same defense shows up from last night and we'll see about your claim then.
So basically if Wade keeps performing the way he has, he's getting fired. Hmm.... And that's not calling for his head how?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dargonking999;2263065 said:
I still wonder why people get so upset at what Wade says to the Media? What good does it do the team to have your coach publicly blast you to the media after a win? I think you guys got to use to Bill Parcells walking around dogging every player that played good whether we won or lost. And the last time i checked he didn't win a playoff game either.

You have no idea what he says to the team, or what will be done this week. This was a tough divisional game, against a playoff team, that has owned us since 99. You can whine all you want about what Wade says to the media, but i will wait to see next week how this team responds to figure out what he truly said behind closed doors.

Carry on with the "sky is falling, Wade sucks" comments though
Good post. :clap2:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2263405 said:
O RLY?

So basically if Wade keeps performing the way he has, he's getting fired. Hmm.... And that's not calling for his head how?

'Calling for his head' would mean 'fire Wade now'. That's calling for his head. Hope that clears the issue up for you.

I'm criticizing him for his defense's play and the continuing issues with penalties - blame he places on himself.

You can continue on with the 'all is well' schtick but I see things differently.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chief;2263282 said:
Dallas beat an outstanding team. That's the best I've seen McNabb play in several years, and Westbrook is one of the best players in the league.

It was a thrilling win. The offense was great and the defense played much, much better in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter when it counted.

My only beef is the penalties and I've been harping on this since the middle of last year. I honestly don't think it's a big deal to Wade.

I thought his choice of words at the presser was interesting. "We had some things go against us in the first half ... the penalties and the two turnovers."

Things go against us ??????

Those are called mistakes, Coach. It's interesting that he describes screw-ups in such a gentle way.

We're only two games in, but this team looks a lot like last year's -- a powerful, talented, big-play team capable of beating anybody, anytime, anywhere, but has a sloppy, undisciplined element to it.

This was a great win over an outstanding team, but I can't help but peek into January and cringe a little bit if the penalties and general sloppiness aren't reduced.

Very good post, Chief, and not just b/c these are my sentiments almost exactly.

I'm willing to forgive a few mistakes early in the season, but injuries, extra penalties, and turnovers by Romo in either red zone are about the only thing that should derail this team in the post season, and two of those things are avoidable and correctable. Other than that, that was an awesome game last night, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.