Wade's press conference

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
theogt;2263178 said:
How should they step up? How about holding Philly to no score on 3 possessions in the 4th quarter with the game on the line? How about that? Is that stepping up?

How about consistency?

If the defense has the mentality that well we stepped up at the end instead of getting better then we are in for a long season with this defense.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2263188 said:
Did you watch BP regime while with the Cowboys?

He held this team back. Noticed how the offense explodes once he leaves. He held the teams capabilities back. His play calling was way too conservative.

Either way if its the Players or the coach

This team needs to stop taking dumb penalties because it will haunt them in the playoffs.

Its as simple as that this team needs to improve. SB is not a lock folks. This team is not a Super Bowl caliber team

Why does this myth kept get repeated?

For anyone who watched a Parcells game with Romo-he ABANDONED THE RUN most of the time. It was with flat-footed Bledsoe and old-man Vinny where his playcalling got conservative(any other coach would have done the same).

And if you bothered to watch the Seattle playoff game-Romo was off most of the time. Receivers were open, but he either missed them or threw badly at them.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Real1st;2263192 said:
How about consistency?

If the defense has the mentality that well we stepped up at the end instead of getting better then we are in for a long season with this defense.
How about essentially giving up only 23 ponts to the 2nd best offense in the NFL. As long as they can consistently perform that well, we're fine.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Real1st;2263192 said:
How about consistency?

And that is what they will thrive for is consistency. Is 2 games a season? Last time I checked we have 14 games remaining to achieve that. Wade is not a stupid man or blind man and while he is not going to blast his team in front of the media I have no doubts they will look to make improvements.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
theogt;2263207 said:
How about essentially giving up only 23 ponts to the 2nd best offense in the NFL. As long as they can consistently perform that well, we're fine.

Theogt im not saying you said this but it pisses me off because people before this game were talking about how we would shut them down and that they "played the rams" And now all of a sudden those same posters are saying "They are the second best offense in the league"

Im not asking them to play lights out all the time. But you cannot tell me you aren't concerned with the defense.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Real1st;2263222 said:
Theogt im not saying you said this but it pisses me off because people before this game were talking about how we would shut them down and that they "played the rams" And now all of a sudden those same posters are saying "They are the second best offense in the league"

Im not asking them to play lights out all the time. But you cannot tell me you aren't concerned with the defense.
I don't care who said they weren't any good. They're very good. And our defense performed pretty damn well against them the whole game, and they played DOMINANT in the 2nd half.

I'm not worried in the least about this defense. In the first quarter we held them to 2 field goals. In the 2nd half we dominated them almost completely. If you completely wipe out those 2 Romo mistakes, people would be saying this is one of the best defense in the NFL.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2263208 said:
And that is what they will thrive for is consistency. Is 2 games a season? Last time I checked we have 14 games remaining to achieve that. Wade is not a stupid man or blind man and while he is not going to blast his team in front of the media I have no doubts they will look to make improvements.

Lets all hope.

Im just pissed because the talent of this secondary isn't translating on the field.

Is that a problem for me to be not concerned?

There will be days were the offense will be out of sync and the defense has to step it up.

burmafrd

Reaction score
The D pretty much let McFlab and company bend them over a table the whole first half; and part of the third qtr. That is not good enough.
MCflab played very well but we are likely to run into a better set of WRs and someone who can get them the ball downfield better and what I saw this game says we would be in serious trouble then.

And there is a big difference between BP dogging the guys all the time and MR Sunshine we have now.

Wade needs to stand up and put the team on notice that the penalties and sloppy play will end or people will start sitting. And then do it.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
theogt;2263227 said:
I don't care who said they weren't any good. They're very good. And our defense performed pretty damn well against them the whole game, and they played DOMINANT in the 2nd half.

I'm not worried in the least about this defense. In the first quarter we held them to 2 field goals. In the 2nd half we dominated them almost completely. If you completely wipe out those 2 Romo mistakes, people would be saying this is one of the best defense in the NFL.
And their first TD should have been a FG as well. So that 23 points should be 19 points allowed by the defense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Real1st;2263229 said:
Lets all hope.

Im just pissed because the talent of this secondary isn't translating on the field.

Is that a problem for me to be not concerned?

There will be days were the offense will be out of sync and the defense has to step it up.

I have no issue with someone saying they have concerns but as normal people will start going over board and fail to see any positives what so ever. We gave up some plays to a very good team but we also stepped up and held them to 7 points in the second half of the game. Do we need to see improvement yes we do and like offense sometimes has less than stellar games so do defenses when facing quality opponents

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Real1st;2263071 said:
Nice spin.

All the spinners that come out the wood work is funny. We all know that was a bad call.

But that wasn't the only dumb penalty of the game.

Nice try though.

how is it spin? You can't coach that penalty down.

And yes we had an epidemic of face mask calls last night. But I haven't noticed us having that much of a problem with it before. It was a bad night. But I'm not proclaiming us the worst defense ever because of a few facemask calls.

What about Philly's vaunted D. The Eagles didn't give us any gifts on offense, like we did for them. Their one turnover was in our end of the field. The only gift they gave us was on special teams. So that 41 points we scored, 34 of it were on their D and Jim Johnson.

Yet Philly is heralded for their D.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
peplaw06;2263253 said:
And their first TD should have been a FG as well. So that 23 points should be 19 points allowed by the defense.

Actually if they hadnt got that bogus PI penalty, and had they called it PI on the offense, that would have given this defense a good shot to keep them from even getting a field goal on that possession. But hindsight is 20/20.

They have things to fix, for sure, but they sky certainly isn't falling like some are so fearful of.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2263258 said:
I have no issue with someone saying they have concerns but as normal people will start going over board and fail to see any positives what so ever. We gave up some plays to a very good team but we also stepped up and held them to 7 points in the second half of the game. Do we need to see improvement yes we do and like offense sometimes has less than stellar games so do defenses when facing quality opponents

Ive made a thread talking about the improvement of the special teams. The offense speaks for itself i have no worries about them. Nobody seems to care. The defense is the weakest unit on this team this year. I just get tired of seeing bad defense year after year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Real1st;2263270 said:
Ive made a thread talking about the improvement of the special teams. The offense speaks for itself i have no worries about them. Nobody seems to care. The defense is the weakest unit on this team this year. I just get tired of seeing bad defense year after year.
The special teams? Please, the special teams was spectacular last night. Seriously, did you even watch the game?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
peplaw06;2263267 said:
how is it spin? You can't coach that penalty down.

And yes we had an epidemic of face mask calls last night. But I haven't noticed us having that much of a problem with it before. It was a bad night. But I'm not proclaiming us the worst defense ever because of a few facemask calls.

What about Philly's vaunted D. The Eagles didn't give us any gifts on offense, like we did for them. There one turnover was in our end of the field. The only gift they gave us was on special teams. So that 41 points we scored, 34 of it were on their D and Jim Johnson.

Yet Philly is heralded for their D.

I don't care about the eagles.

There was more than face mask calls thats were you fail to see. Offense, Special teams, and Defense was making penalties. Last game we had bad penalties against the browns. But we overcame that when they started taking bad penalties and our talent on this team. There is going to be games that we cant overcome those penalties.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Dallas beat an outstanding team. That's the best I've seen McNabb play in several years, and Westbrook is one of the best players in the league.

It was a thrilling win. The offense was great and the defense played much, much better in the second half, especially in the fourth quarter when it counted.

My only beef is the penalties and I've been harping on this since the middle of last year. I honestly don't think it's a big deal to Wade.

I thought his choice of words at the presser was interesting. "We had some things go against us in the first half ... the penalties and the two turnovers."

Things go against us ??????

Those are called mistakes, Coach. It's interesting that he describes screw-ups in such a gentle way.

We're only two games in, but this team looks a lot like last year's -- a powerful, talented, big-play team capable of beating anybody, anytime, anywhere, but has a sloppy, undisciplined element to it.

This was a great win over an outstanding team, but I can't help but peek into January and cringe a little bit if the penalties and general sloppiness aren't reduced.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
theogt;2263277 said:
The special teams? Please, the special teams was spectacular last night. Seriously, did you even watch the game?

Seriously did you read the post?

I said i made a thread about the Improvement of special teams this year...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chief;2263282 said:
I thought his choice of words at the presser was interesting. "We had some things go against us in the first half ... the penalties and the two turnovers."

Things go against us ??????
He was probably talking about the PI on Henry, then the no-call double holding on the Westbrook TD. Those were penatly situations that changed the game that weren't our fault.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Use Your Illusion;2261626 said:
"Defense played well. Made plays at the end. Offense played great. We had a few penalties but nothing too bad. It was a great game..ohhweeee boy what a game. McNabb is good. Philly is good. We are good. That sure was a fun game, wudn't it?"

Well, I feel so much better about this game now! :bang2:
The real scary problem is he references penalties as "we had things go against us" ... never taking actual responsibility for something, instead he makes it sound like an accident or random event.

His entire motivating skillset is buring his head in the sand and repeating the mantra "we stayed together". Ugh.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Real1st;2263289 said:
Seriously did you read the post?

I said i made a thread about the Improvement of special teams this year...
I apologize. I thought you were saying improvement, as in they need to approve.