Wade's press conference

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;2261663 said:
They're clearly the 2nd best offense in the NFL and we held them to 41 net yards in the 4th quarter in 3 possessions, without a score.

That's defense.

Tony spotted them 14 points.

Exactly. And the special teams are equally responsible for another 10 points with the bad opening kick off, giving them the ball at their 40 (So all they had to do was get like 40 yards to get a field goal) and then in the second half, on their only scoring drive, the kick team gives up a return to our 45.

You people look too much at scores and crap and think it tells the story, in full, on how good, or bad, a defense does.

They weren't sterling but they certainly weren't the hacks some of these armchair QBs like to think they were.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263051 said:
I'm getting tired of the "Mr. Glass Half Full" act myself.
Some of you guys are just remarkable. He's coached this team (and helped assemble it) into THE SINGLE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL. And you're tired of the "Mr. Glass Half Full" act. Please, don't be this dumb. Really, I'm pleading with you.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Real1st;2263071 said:
Nice spin.

All the spinners that come out the wood work is funny. We all know that was a bad call.

But that wasn't the only dumb penalty of the game.

Nice try though.

Beats the hell out of the chicken little freaking out over 1 game. Hell you guys spend all week trash talking every team we play according to many we never play any good teams with people predicting these blow out games and then when we face a quality team and they put up some points up all of a sudden we suck we are just a bad team? Damn get a clue and watch the NFL what took place last night is not that uncommon around the NFL and even some of the Dallas so called great defense had games like we saw last night where it turned into a shoot out but when the defense needed to step up and make plays they did and because they did we won the game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
theogt;2261706 said:
Yeah, those were coverage sacks at the end. Against our -- GASP -- ZONE DEFENSE!

If only the average fan paid at least half as much attention as you do. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you're by far my favorite poster here.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2263088 said:
If only the average fan paid at least half as much attention as you do. I've said it before, I'll say it again, you're by far my favorite poster here.

Yea because Roy Williams was out and Wade finally tightened up the coverage.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Real1st;2262812 said:
That lose in the playoffs because of lack of discipline.

I guess 6-10, and no playoff appearance, with Big Bill was so much better because 'Gosh darnit! He had them more disciplined.'

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2263085 said:
Some of you guys are just remarkable. He's coached this team (and helped assemble it) into THE SINGLE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL. And you're tired of the "Mr. Glass Half Full" act. Please, don't be this dumb. Really, I'm pleading with you.

Don't bother.

I don't need your 'help' with anything. Really.

You listen to Wade and keep those rose colored glasses on while the league's most talented team continues to underachieve.

And please tell me what Wade has 'assembled' around here?

Brian Stewart as D-coordinator?

Bruce Reed on special teams?

Whhoo!

You're right. Amazing assemblage of 'talent' that Wade has brought in.

:lmao:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2263076 said:
Obviously what he says behind close doors isn't working if they still are committing dumb penalties. We whine because we want this team to win a Super Bowl and your buddy Wade hasn't won a playoff game ever and this franchise hasn't won a playoff game in 13 years

Why didn't we have discipline under "bust as balls" Parcells?

Are you saying you want him back? Really?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2263101 said:
I guess 6-10, and no playoff appearance, with Big Bill was so much better because 'Gosh darnit! He had them more disciplined.'

Bill held this team back with his conservative play.

And back then the defense just flat out sucked.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263107 said:
Why didn't we have discipline under "bust as balls" Parcells?

Are you saying you want him back? Really?

Did i ever imply it?

Bill probably grilled them about penalties too but its obvious the players didn't listen to him.

But now they gloat about how much they love Wade. And if he is telling this team to stop committing penalties why wont they listen to him then?

I never said anything about Bill Parcells.

Stop trying to spin by trying to imply im in favor of Parcells. He held the team back

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dargonking999;2263065 said:
I still wonder why people get so upset at what Wade says to the Media? What good does it do the team to have your coach publicly blast you to the media after a win? I think you guys got to use to Bill Parcells walking around dogging every player that played good whether we won or lost. And the last time i checked he didn't win a playoff game either.

You have no idea what he says to the team, or what will be done this week. This was a tough divisional game, against a playoff team, that has owned us since 99. You can whine all you want about what Wade says to the media, but i will wait to see next week how this team responds to figure out what he truly said behind closed doors.

Carry on with the "sky is falling, Wade sucks" comments though

Exactly. These armchair QBs think they know more about how to win in the NFL than a guy whose been doing it for years. But, hey, I guess they're just so much smarter than the rest of the league that they have chosen to sit in their chairs, and like ESPN analysts, talk like they actually know more about what's going on than they do.

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
Draegerman;2261677 said:
Seriously, what did you expect him to say?

I expect him to say something like what Parcells would say. What do you think he would say after that game? Do you think he would say the Defense played well? I don't think he would. That's the difference. The good coaches even after a good game are never satisfied. They always are talking about what they want to improve..Wade does nothing but praise them for a ****ty defenseive performance. Wade is a joke.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2263120 said:
Exactly. These armchair QBs think they know more about how to win in the NFL than a guy whose been doing it for years. But, hey, I guess they're just so much smarter than the rest of the league that they have chosen to sit in their chairs, and like ESPN analysts, talk like they actually know more about what's going on than they do.

And you know what you are talking about?

You add nothing to the discussion. All you do is kiss another posters *** and then act like you made the same statement he did.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Real1st;2263133 said:
And you know what you are talking about?

You add nothing to the discussion. All you do is kiss another posters *** and then act like you made the same statement he did.

I've never tried to claim I know what it takes to win in the NFL or act like I know more about what Wade does, or doesn't do, at his job as some of the peanut club around here, yourself most notably, attempt to do.

I didn't kiss anyone's butt. I simply agreed with him because I often do. If you've got to personally attack people cause you think your some hard internet heel take yourself somewhere else. You've added nothing to these forums except whinning and crying about how we're not good enough and how the Giants are so awesome and blah blah blah.

Mr. Realist you're the single least informed, and intelligent, poster on these forums.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2263141 said:
I didn't kiss anyone's butt. I simply agreed with him because I often do. If you've got to personally attack people cause you think your some hard internet heel take yourself somewhere else. You've added nothing to these forums except whinning and crying about how we're not good enough and how the Giants are so awesome and blah blah blah.

Mr. Realist you're the single least informed, and intelligent, poster on these forums.
Thank you
LOL

Whats ironic is you claim im personally attacking you when you then personally attack me.

Mr. BraveHeartFan you're the single least informed, and unintelligent, poster on these forums.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
stasheroo;2263105 said:
Don't bother.

I don't need your 'help' with anything. Really.

You listen to Wade and keep those rose colored glasses on while the league's most talented team continues to underachieve.

And please tell me what Wade has 'assembled' around here?

Brian Stewart as D-coordinator?

Bruce Reed on special teams?

Whhoo!

You're right. Amazing assemblage of 'talent' that Wade has brought in.

:lmao:
Underachieve? We just beat the Eagles. What world do you live on? Jebus. Yeah, I'll keep cheering as long as we keep winning -- that's right -- we're 2-0 and you want to fire the entire coaching staff!

Did you not watch the special teams? They were a boon last night not a downside.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Real1st;2263114 said:
Did i ever imply it?

Bill probably grilled them about penalties too but its obvious the players didn't listen to him.

But now they gloat about how much they love Wade. And if he is telling this team to stop committing penalties why wont they listen to him then?

I never said anything about Bill Parcells.

Stop trying to spin by trying to imply im in favor of Parcells. He held the team back

What's your proof how Parcells "held the team back"?

I think you have to look at our personnel-I just don't think the MENTALITY of the players are THERE.

Really-look at the Giants now, compared to '06 and before that. Prior to their Super Bowl year, they were among the league leaders in penalties. Since then, they were among the league leaders in FEWEST penalties, why?

Quite simply-they CHANGED PERSONNEL. Gone was LT Luke "penalty machine" Pettigout(no longer their OL has problems with false starts and holds). Gone was Tiki "I can take a few plays off" Barber. Etc, etc. So all this talk how Coughin "failed at being a disciplinarian" went out the window.

Again-you can take a horse to the well water, but there's no guarantee that'll it'll drink it.

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
theogt;2263154 said:
Underachieve? We just beat the Eagles. What world do you live on? Jebus. Yeah, I'll keep cheering as long as we keep winning -- that's right -- we're 2-0 and you want to fire the entire coaching staff!

Did you not watch the special teams? They were a boon last night not a downside.

Come on now.

Lets be realistic Theogt. This offense will not always be there to bail this defense out.

They have to step up. Go Listen to Zach Thomas. He knows they played poorly.

But yet some of you guys try to sit here and say they played great :laugh2:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Real1st;2263168 said:
Come on now.

Lets be realistic Theogt. This offense will not always be there to bail this defense out.

They have to step up. Go Listen to Zach Thomas. He knows they played poorly.

But yet some of you guys try to sit here and say they played great :laugh2:
How should they step up? How about holding Philly to no score on 3 possessions in the 4th quarter with the game on the line? How about that? Is that stepping up?

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
Boysboy;2263165 said:
What's your proof how Parcells "held the team back"?

I think you have to look at our personnel-I just don't think the MENTALITY of the players are THERE.

Really-look at the Giants now, compared to '06 and before that. Prior to their Super Bowl year, they were among the league leaders in penalties. Since then, they were among the league leaders in FEWEST penalties, why?

Quite simply-they CHANGED PERSONNEL. Gone was LT Luke "penalty machine" Pettigout(no longer their OL has problems with false starts and holds). Gone was Tiki "I can take a few plays off" Barber. Etc, etc. So all this talk how Coughin "failed at being a disciplinarian" went out the window.

Again-you can take a horse to the well water, but there's no guarantee that'll it'll drink it.

Did you watch BP regime while with the Cowboys?

He held this team back. Noticed how the offense explodes once he leaves. He held the teams capabilities back. His play calling was way too conservative.

Either way if its the Players or the coach

This team needs to stop taking dumb penalties because it will haunt them in the playoffs.

Its as simple as that this team needs to improve. SB is not a lock folks. This team is not a Super Bowl caliber team