Want to Fire Garrett? It's Going to Cost You $24 Million

cml750

Reaction score
Another thought!! Jerry made his money as wildcatter in the oil business. How long did he stick with dry holes when it was obvious they would not pay out???? I doubt he would have made enough to buy the team if he did that very often. I hold out hope he will cut his losses on this bad investment.

Aven8

Reaction score
24 million is nada.

Remember all the bad contracts/dead money he has paid for? Deion, Novachek, Aikman, Ratliff, cutting TO after a 3 year extension, Wade after an extension.

What he doesn't get is the fans will love him for it as long as he hires a coach with clout.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
The "Death Star". Never heard AT&T stadium called that before. Kind of symmetric given the owner.

Here ya go

deathstarstadium.jpg

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

Or we can just keep losing

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Another thought!! Jerry made his money as wildcatter in the oil business. How long did he stick with dry holes when it was obvious they would not pay out???? I doubt he would have made enough to buy the team if he did that very often. I hold out hope he will cut his losses on this bad investment.

How can such a wildcatter have such a conservative coach? Jerry and Jimmy were perfect together because they had heuvos grande

coult44

Reaction score
Many of us clamoring for him to be tossed to the side, but remember that he signed a 5 year/$30 million extension that's fully guaranteed. With him making $6 million a year and four years left, he's still owed $24 million reasons to stay.

That doesn't mean he won't be demoted or have certain abilities stripped away, but I can't see JJ forking that much cash to someone and not get a return, it's just not in his nature.

Yay.

If it doesn't hit the cap, who gives a rats behind. Doesn't cost me a thing.

cej757

Reaction score
This offense doesn't function unless you have every starter playing and healthy. One guy goes down and Garrett has his excuse handy.

LittleD

Reaction score
I think that at best, Linehan and some of the offensive coaches have to be replaced after this debacle. I would
also clean house on the defensive backfield coaches. You just have to bring in an offensive guru to mold a
new and innovative offense cause this is one of the worst I've ever seen. Even Campo's offense could score
some points and he didn't have any good players. Geez!

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Could? In a fantasy land only we live in? Sure.

But this is real money. Jerry Jones' money. Not happening.

And certainly not worth hoping for.

I agree it won't happen but to say it won't happen just because it's Jerry's money makes as much sense as saying Dallas won't sign free agents because it's Jerry Jones' money.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Yay.

:omg:

Reaction score
It's not just Garrett $24M. Linehan and Marinelli also signed long term deals. They would be gone too. And they would need replacing as well.

By the time it's all over, Jerry pays $60-$70M to pay out your old coaches and pay their replacements.

wileedog

Reaction score
By the time it's all over, Jerry pays $60-$70M to pay out your old coaches and pay their replacements.

Still couch change to Jerry.

It won't happen because he won't admit he was wrong about the Ginger Genius. not because of money.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
It's not just Garrett $24M. Linehan and Marinelli also signed long term deals. They would be gone too. And they would need replacing as well.

I don't care who you are that is real $