Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

SDCowboy

Reaction score
If he's not done, he'll get at least two more double digit sacks seasons easily. That's what I'm saying. His entire career proves it.

Not necessarily being elite anymore doesn't mean he's done. At least, IMO.

Dwight

Reaction score
I wonder how Dallas' cap situation looks like now since Ware is cut?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will. But you're right, defensive linemen tend to get more productive as they approach their mid-30s.

Why would DeMarcus Ware have to get more productive to get a couple more 10 sack seasons?

Check his career, Rowdy.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
Time to get your George Selvie jerseys out

lf

Sydla

Reaction score
It sounds like no counter-offer was made by Ware, just the restructure option, so that tells me he wants to go play somewhere else. He's done here.

Or that he thinks he's worth the $12MM he would make and that his only way of getting that money is go free agent. Worst case for him is he comes back to Dallas at the number Dallas wanted him at anyway. I don't think it indicates one way or the other that his time with Dallas is done. It likely is, but his no counter offer doesn't indicate it's official IMO.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Right, because Ware was so awesome for us the last couple of years right? He was such a dominating force. Please.. it was time to get rid of him. You are very wrong about Ware and very right about your opinion on Romo. We have to stop over paying guys because of their names. When they start noticeably declining, you don't keep them around unless you absolutely have too.
Who you going to blame for losing now. can.t be T.O., Barber or Ware anymore.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not necessarily being elite anymore doesn't mean he's done. At least, IMO.

He doesn't have to be elite to do it. Nobody thinks Jared Allen is elite anymore and he did it last year.

I realize we're all suppose to pretend he sucks now but considering 95% of this guy's career has been played at a first ballot hall of fame level, the most prolific pass rusher since Reggie White, I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he can do it a couple more times at the minimum.

Tobal

Reaction score
Great guy great player, but his time here is done. He'll sign with whoever pays him the most and that's his right. We needed to cut him this is a good move, all signs point to him being an injury prone player at this point in his career. I hope he has success and I think he's capable of it, but we don't have the luxury of hoping he stays healthy.

Nirvana

Reaction score
Or that he thinks he's worth the $12MM he would make and that his only way of getting that money is go free agent. Worst case for him is he comes back to Dallas at the number Dallas wanted him at anyway. I don't think it indicates one way or the other that his time with Dallas is done. It likely is, but his no counter offer doesn't indicate it's official IMO.

No chance he gets even 9 million, market is clearly lower than that. He easily could have counter-offered some kind of reduction, but they didn't negotiate at all. All we've been hearing is "standstill" "haven't been talking" etc. and that's why. He wants to be an OLB again, and who can blame him? He'll last in the league longer and have better numbers.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have. Since turning 30, he has averaged less than 9 sacks a season.

He's had one season where he didn't reach it. A season where he was clearly battling injuries.

It's a shame the Cowboys didn't retain him. You'd agree with me then and I wouldn't have to rub elbows with you.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
He's had one season where he didn't reach it. A season where he was clearly battling injuries.

It's a shame the Cowboys didn't retain him. You'd agree with me then and I wouldn't have to rub elbows with you.

Sorry, but you're wrong. Check my posting history--I've been calling for his release if he didn't agree to a cut. He's a favorite of mine, but it's best for the team.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
He doesn't have to be elite to do it. Nobody thinks Jared Allen is elite anymore and he did it last year.

I realize we're all suppose to pretend he sucks now but considering 95% of this guy's career has been played at a first ballot hall of fame level, the most prolific pass rusher since Reggie White, I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he can do it a couple more times at the minimum.

I never said he sucks though, either. Whatever, I'll we'll have to agree to disagree on our predictions of his future production.

Dhragon

Deadly Claws of Death
Reaction score

I agree with you. I think Ware will have probably a couple double digit sack seasons still ( as an OLB in a 3-4 anyway ). Don't think he'll do that as a DE though. I'll be rooting for the guy unless we are playing his new team or he goes to the Eagles.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I guess the big question here is what type of money he'll get on the open market. With the Browns, you might be looking at $10 million per and that's not even hyperbole.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks for the 43 and monte Kiffin and a defense that doesn't fit your best defensive player.
You know he isn't what he used to be and he was vastly overpaid. Todays announcement has nothing to do with what you are saying.