Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Hats off to Ware and his agent for standing up to Jerry and his son by saying no. Ware was a man of his word. he said he would not take a pay cut to say here, and he did not.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
WOW on day 1 of FA? Really?

I don't think we'll go after a lot of DL in FA to be honest; we might pick up a veteran DE/DT to pair along with Hatcher, but I think our #1 pick starts at whatever position is open.

TheCowboy

Reaction score
I guess the big question here is what type of money he'll get on the open market. With the Browns, you might be looking at $10 million per and that's not even hyperbole.

Some team will over pay for him.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I guess the big question here is what type of money he'll get on the open market. With the Browns, you might be looking at $10 million per and that's not even hyperbole.

The issue is that Jared Allen and other big names are also out there, which could drop Ware's value.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Who you going to blame for losing now. can.t be T.O., Barber or Ware anymore.

What are you rambling about? Ware was worthless last year and on the decline of his career.I'm extremely happy we let him walk. I understand you are probably still emotionally attached to him but this is a business. Time to move on from an aging/declining player. I wish Ware well..

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Ware may or may not still be a productive player in the future. I'm not going to pretend to have a crystal ball, but letting him go is absolutely the right move. Doling out big money to guys at the end of their careers is exactly how we got in this cap calamity in the first place. This was a rare smart move by Jerry Jones.

visionary

Reaction score
Just hear me out on this.

We sign Revis if he's available. Draft Gilbert. Then instead of fielding DEs, we go with extra CBs and run a ton of CB blitzes.

We phase out the DE position and cross our fingers that Revis, Carr, Claiborne, Gilbert, Scandrick, a mid round draft pick or two and Webb is enough depth until we can add more next year.

You down?

Oh ah ah ah ah.

I would agree if Carr and Mo had not already demonstrated that they are shut down corners

That is why we were a top 5 defense last year

I agree with doing away with DL and going with TE and WRs in the draft

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Hats off to Ware and his agent for standing up to Jerry and his son by saying no. Ware was a man of his word. he said he would not take a pay cut to say here, and he did not.

I'm glad he was a man of his word and didn't take the paycut either. Goodbye Ware.. nice knowing you.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Ware may or may not still be a productive player in the future. I'm not going to pretend to have a crystal ball, but letting him go is absolutely the right move. Doling out big money to guys at the end of their careers is exactly how we got in this cap calamity in the first place. This was a rare smart move by Jerry Jones.

Excellent post. Wish all fans could be as sharp as you.

CowboyGil

Reaction score
My buddy who's a Giants fan said Eli should send Jerry a fruit basket with a thank you note.;)