Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Even if Ware played for the Cowboys in 2014 and had a dozen sacks... a base salary of $12 mil had better get you a lot more than a dozen sacks.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
How can anyone know at this point?

Too many variables to be definitive. Time will tell.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Ware gets 15+ sacks next year for a contender.

lol.. finally you and I have something to disagree about. Cutting Ware was an excellent decision. I'm so tired of paying aging players massive contracts only to get burned down the road. What did Ware do for us last year Zordon? The year before he was all banged up too. Disappears in big games for us. I wish him well, it wasn't working out here.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Everyone relax.

Will mcclay and Jason Garrett will fix all of this.

They have been on top of their game for years now, this should be their best year yet.

It only took Garrett three years to find guys to play guard, he should knock out a defensive end with double digit sacks within the hour.

If not he can always throw marinelli under the bus next December and then the sheep types can tell us marinelli is old and we need a young guy like Garrett to run the defense.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I think if Ware is healthy and gets on a team that has a few other players the other team needs to worry about besides himself, we're going to wish we could have made a deal with him.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Yes because of the business aspect.

Even if he has two more big years, those cap numbers would harm us at some point.

With this release we are able to probably keep Dez and Tyron. Keeping Ware too long may have precluded that.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Out with the old in with the new.. DWare was always too much of a nice guy on the field for me.. Lets get some young guys in here that can hunt the QB.. Wish Him Luck..

Nirvana

Reaction score
Anyone think this changes who we go after in the 1st round of the draft?

These are 3 guys I have my eye on for the 2nd or if we trade down in the 1st:

DEs
Scott Chrichton 273 6-3 arms good, speed good, strength ok, vert ok,

kareem martin 272 6-6 arms great, speed great, vert good,

chris smith 266 6-1 arms great, speed great, vert good

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Nope.

This is the end game of multiple bad decisions.

Hiring Garrett and then keeping him around, changing the defensive scheme three times....most importantly to the 43 which appears to have cost us ware and didn't look like a fit for Bruce carter.

Then moving up for Claiborne who has been absolutely dreadful and giving 50 million to a man corner in Carr and then firing the guy who wanted him in his defense.

Oh and that reminds me hiring rob Ryan was a mistake, firing him and changing scheme compounded the mistake and hiring kiffen was the cherry on top.

That Jason Garrett sure knows how to build a football team, it's a good thing he's got Jerry and Stephen jones to bounce ideas off of.....or is it the other way around? Does it matter?

Oh well.

I wish all of us season ticket holders could decide at once that our cap aka ticket prices are too high and release Jerry aka not renew.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if Ware gets 15+ sacks next year for a contender.

I won't be.

Then again, don't be surprised if he gets injured again ... or disappears halfway through the season ... or fails to get 6 sacks for the year ...or gets owned by some 4th round rookie like he did against GB.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Absolutely made the right choice. He got out performed by a walk on street free agent in george selvie. selvie makes like less than a mill. No way you keep him for 12 million. Arthur jones only signed for 6 a year!