Ware Release: has the Organization Changed? ***Ware Mega Merge-place all Ware threads here please***

texbumthelife

Reaction score
It's been said already, but paying him anything over the guaranteed money he already gets next season would defeat the purpose of cutting him. I really do not see Ware giving any sort of home disc out either. I think he looks for something in the range of 3 years 23 million with at least 10-12 in guarantees. Add that to his 8.5 and it puts him right back at what he would have made before being released.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Yes, the Cowboys made the only rational decision that Ware and his agent left them. Both Ware and the C'boys will benefit.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Best pass rusher? Ware had 6 sacks last year. He USED to be our best pass rusher. He no longer is and he is wearing down. I hope he has a better season next year and gets a good deal from someone but its time to part ways.

I hate to break it to you guys but we are not going to win the Super Bowl this next season. We would not win it if we kept Ware and will not win it without him. Its time to get younger and get the cap under control and todays move was a necessary step to accomplish that.

Why stop @ Ware? If you're willing to start making cuts instead of keeping this together for one last go round. Why not blow this up now? Makes no sense. The window is shutting quickly w/ Romo. And today...Jerry just slammed it shut.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Colin Cowherd ‏@ESPN_Colin 32m
Breaking: The Dallas Cowboys will reportedly cut Demarcus Ware yet retain Jerry Jones. This explains the last 15 years.
I thought this was funny!

I know he is trying to be funny but Jones is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he keeps Ware, he is stupid and won't get rid of non producing players, if he does get rid of him, he is wrong as he is the read problem

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
I don't think he will be back but this is Jerry Jones we're talking about here so who the heck knows?

OhSnap

Reaction score
I thought gutting the O-line was a pretty good sign way back in 011.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
I don't believe so.

To me it was an obvious choice. I'll give them credit for actually going through with it but the decision was a no brainer.

Before they released him everyone was saying "no way they have the balls to release him"....now that they have...."they had no choice"

Oh Cowboyszone. I love you.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Why stop @ Ware? If you're willing to start making cuts instead of keeping this together for one last go round. Why not blow this up now? Makes no sense. The window is shutting quickly w/ Romo. And today...Jerry just slammed it shut.

He slammed it shut by cutting a 32 year-old who had six sacks last year....really?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I am still struggling to find out how exactly this is addition by subtraction.

It was a move predicated solely by our mismanagement. It does not speak to any kind of philosophical shift in how Jerry Jones does business.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
Best pass rusher? Ware had 6 sacks last year. He USED to be our best pass rusher. He no longer is and he is wearing down. I hope he has a better season next year and gets a good deal from someone but its time to part ways.

I hate to break it to you guys but we are not going to win the Super Bowl this next season. We would not win it if we kept Ware and will not win it without him. Its time to get younger and get the cap under control and todays move was a necessary step to accomplish that.

Please explain the fascination of getting younger that is taking over these boards? Getting younger doesn't mean squat if the young players you bring in can't play. Jerry Jones is still calling the shots and the Parcells guys are disappearing.

I don't care about young or old. I care about winning championships.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Some people seem to be forgetting the cap hit, even with him gone, plus the money paid to him at release. Bringing him back would add back onto that.

Anyone we sign would add on to that. Bad argument. Either way as the salary cap is concerned no matter where he signs he will be a double dip.