Washington hires Eric Bieniemy as OC

GINeric

Reaction score
That's the kind of hire we should have made. But we tend to regress as opposed to progress.

I hoped and wished we would have signed EB. We have the dumbest management in the world. We make Kellen Moore's trash *** a coordinator wasting talent for a few seasons, but failed to sign one of the top 2 coordinators in the league???

EB SHOULD have been HC by now, but we all know why he's not. That "good ol' boy" network is still alive and kicking.... an that's another reason Jerry didn't bring him to Dallas.

With that said, this really sucks, because he's going to turn the Commanders offense around and they may be something to reckon with. Damn this sucks!!

Last edited:

GINeric

Reaction score
They are rolling with Howell, why would they not, heck he beat us and outplayed our QB.

Their other quarterback Heinicke outplayed and beat Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in the same season. What should I take from that.

Oh yeah, after Washington's quarterback outplayed our quarterback, our quarterback came back and beat Brady on his own field in the playoffs.

So how should I view all this information according to the logic of your statement??

GINeric

Reaction score
False.

There’s a reason this guy is not a head coach.

Most of us know why he isn't a head coach and wasn'tgiven many opportunities to be one, and it definitely had nothing to do with his qualifications. Stevie Wonder could see that. I'll just leave it there.

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Their other quarterback Heinicke outplayed and beat Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady in the same season. What should I take from that.

Oh yeah, after Washington's quarterback outplayed our quarterback, our quarterback came back and beat Brady on his own field in the playoffs.

So how should I view all this information according to the logic of your statement??

How should we look at is, the Washington team found there QB and we have our and the rubber will be meeting the road, NO MO TALK!

RonWashington

Reaction score
Jack Del Rio is a top notch DC . Add Biennemy to the other side that’s quite a combo . Interesting to see who Philly gets to replace its vacancies.

I guess the news of MM being co OC with Schottenheimer doesn’t quite as excite anyone ,

kskboys

Reaction score
Most of us know why he isn't a head coach and wasn'tgiven many opportunities to be one, and it definitely had nothing to do with his qualifications. Stevie Wonder could see that. I'll just leave it there.
Because he's short?

If you're not going to say it, then don't bring it up.

tcain2004

Reaction score

I've heard he went to an interview and had no plan. he can be a good coach but maybe cant sell someone on why

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Couldn't you say the same about alot of coordinators with elite QB's?

McDaniels has been average to bad without Brady. Gase basically stood and watched as Peyton Manning led super bowl caliber offenses.

I think he will make a difference. Probably not enough to put the Commanders into SB team.
You can definitely say the same thing about all OCs if they don’t have an upper echelon QB it’s going to be tough for them to be successful. A top-tier QB makes everyone look good. Washington won’t go anywhere until they find a real good QB. The QB position has been holding them back for years.

CWR

Reaction score
Give me Pat Mahomes and Andy Ried to babysit me, and you'd be amazed what an amazing coach I am.

May be a good hire, and maybe not.

kskboys

Reaction score
Give me Pat Mahomes and Andy Ried to babysit me, and you'd be amazed what an amazing coach I am.

May be a good hire, and maybe not.
Yup. We really don't know at this point. However, since KC didn't appear to be interested in keeping him....................

Reactions: CWR

GINeric

Reaction score
How should we look at is, the Washington team found there QB and we have our and the rubber will be meeting the road, NO MO TALK!
You still didn't answer the question. So does that mean Heinicke is better than Brady and A. Rodgers because he outplayed them in the same season??

Dak outplayed Russell Wilson and Brady in the playoffs.... does that mean Dak is better than them too because of that?? Do you remember all of the quarterbacks Dak outplayed during his rookie season???

I'm just trying to understand what you are saying when you said that Washington's quarterback outplayed Dak. What does that supposed to mean??

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
That is Andy’s offense. No matter which offensive coordinator leaves… the KC offense just keeps going, because Reid is the one driving that offense.

Washington will have to hope that Bienemy picked up a lot from Reid… because you can’t look at the KC offense and say much about Bienemy.

IMO, that has been the real issue with him getting a head coaching job. Teams know that the offense in KC is all Reid (and Mahomes). You just don’t know what you’re getting with Bienemy. Maybe good… maybe not. Like I said, you just got to hope that he picked up a lot from Andy.
Why wasn't that a problem for other non play calling OCs under Reid? That is clearly not the issue. Maybe he's an all-time poor interviewee. Maybe it's something in his past. Maybe he's well known to be a jerk. Maybe it's the elephant in the room.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
So maybe he is a product of Mahomes, but then again maybe he isn’t. That’s scary **! If he’s only half as good he’s still twice as good as anything we’ve had here in the past decade. A staff of Mike M. Dan Q. and Eric B. would be nasty!!!! I’m starting to see things like Paraons and not like a die hard fan, us not grabbing or at least offering him whatever tf the Commanders gave him pisses me off!
jones boys never even thought about it.
They like mike and mike liked shot better, cause he is a good puppet for mike.
Thats why mike is a loser.