Washington hires Eric Bieniemy as OC

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Might really happen! Eagles, Skins, Cowboys, Giants. (Skins will get a QB). Maybe missing playoffs will force Jerry to sign quality free agents. Gonna be real INTERESTING off season. Cancel my sentence with Jerrys' name in it, what am I saying!

Not only that, but, if Bezos buys Washington, Jerry won't be the richest owner in the league anymore. We all know he cares about that, so maybe he will start to care about trying to win a championship. That'd be how he can overtake Bezos.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
...and all Moore's negative criticism came because he lacked a QB.
You try and turn every discussion into Dak bashing. This topic has nothing to do with him. I really don’t know what team you’re watching or maybe you just have an agenda. If Moore lacked a QB the Cowboys wouldn’t have led the league in offense in 2021 and led the league in scoring after Dak returned to the lineup this past season. Moore was part of the problem which is why he’s no longer here. If you’re trying to compare our offense and QB situation with Washington’s you’re totally lost. They’ve only made the playoffs once the past seven seasons and that was with seven wins. The main reason they’ve been struggling for years is because they’ve been having to play musical chairs at QB ever since they let Cousins walk.

Zman5

Reaction score
KC only gave him one-year contracts while he was there. There must be a reason why KC didn't give him a long-term contract instead of a one-year contract that got renewed every year.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
You try and turn every discussion into Dak bashing. This topic has nothing to do with him. I really don’t know what team you’re watching or maybe you just have an agenda. If Moore lacked a QB the Cowboys wouldn’t have led the league in offense in 2021 and led the league in scoring after Dak returned to the lineup this past season. Moore was part of the problem which is why he’s no longer here. If you’re trying to compare our offense and QB situation with Washington’s you’re totally lost. They’ve only made the playoffs once the past seven seasons and that was with seven wins. The main reason they’ve been struggling for years is because they’ve been having to play musical chairs at QB ever since they let Cousins walk.
So leading the league in offense yet Moore was the problem? Yeah, that makes sense. Well, 2023 will tell if it was Moore or the QB who is color blind given the amount of INT's he threw this year.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is this a lateral move though?Great get by the team though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
KC only gave him one-year contracts while he was there. There must be a reason why KC didn't give him a long-term contract instead of a one-year contract that got renewed every year.
because he was waiting til Reid retired. It never happened so he moved on I guess.

Zman5

Reaction score
because he was waiting til Reid retired. It never happened so he moved on I guess.
According to the articles I've read he wanted a multi year contract but KC wouldn't give it to him. That tells me KC was the one who didn't want to commit and not EB.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So leading the league in offense yet Moore was the problem? Yeah, that makes sense. Well, 2023 will tell if it was Moore or the QB who is color blind given the amount of INT's he threw this year.
I said Moore was part of the problem or he would still be here. Play calling was an obvious issue, which is why the Cowboys didn’t want him calling plays anymore. This topic has nothing to do with Kellen Moore or Dak. If all you want to do is complain about Dak there are plenty of other threads dedicated to him.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Bienemy would never have come here.
  1. He got the title asst head coach…..helps his resume
  2. He gets to call plays for the first time ever…that may help his career if successful, kill it if not. Would never happen in Dallas. Mike was already sick of watching s9me one else run the offense
  3. He brings the Reid offense. Dallas wasn’t going to make that big a change.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
This is an interesting hire but definitely not a slam dunk. First, he obviously doesn't have nearly the talent to work with that he had at KC. Secondly, there's a reason why he's not yet a head coach. There are serious concerns about his role in the KC offense. We'll see.
Reid casts a big shadow at KC, literally and figuratively.....He wanted a way to showcase his own talent, but he will get PTSD when he finds out the difference between Mahomes and whatever DC trots out on the field at QB. Too early to say how it will all work out. But his HC future depends on it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
According to the articles I've read he wanted a multi year contract but KC wouldn't give it to him. That tells me KC was the one who didn't want to commit and not EB.
thats strange after winning a SB again.

darealvelle

Reaction score
Is this a lateral move though?Great get by the team though.
Unfortunately it is because he has to go to another organization to prove he can be successful without Mahomes or Andy before getting a head coach job. Sucks that he has to do that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Bienemy would never have come here.
  1. He got the title asst head coach…..helps his resume
  2. He gets to call plays for the first time ever…that may help his career if successful, kill it if not. Would never happen in Dallas. Mike was already sick of watching s9me one else run the offense
  3. He brings the Reid offense. Dallas wasn’t going to make that big a change.
Unless Washington gets decent at QB this move seems more likely to hurt him than help him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
3 NFC teams made the playoffs this year.
yes but no one expected the giants to go far, they need more talent.
The cowboys........well everyone knows div round is their limit.
But yeah it was a tougher div but the other teams didnt really challenge dallas the way it worked out.
both philly games were without starting qb for one team but the did split games.
Then wash with that last game split games.
if dallas wins those 2 games, I think they would have been top seed.

It takes more than one season though, to get thru to cowboy players and coaches, and the hard one , the jones boys, that
they need to up their play etc to another level.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Unless Washington gets decent at QB this move seems more likely to hurt him than help him.
yes poor choice, evidently he was desperate to be hc, and took 1st job offered.
Not smart.
I said in another thread that alot of these guys are good at dc or oc, but they dont have the smarts to be hc.

I think B just wants to prove he was the brains in Kc offense, but this will be hard to do in wash as it looks now.

I dont think andy or B are all that smart or good, they just have mahomes.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It didn't work out for us when the Giants and Eagles were good last time
well the eagles good was a 1 year deal, and the giants, we got to see some great games usually split with them,
they just had the better HC and FO.
But a weak div will make a team soft and the jones boys lazy.
They are gonna have to do better and be tougher to compete now.