Wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone?

RonnieT24

Reaction score
No worries. When I enter a typical ref whine thread when we lose and post videos like this to show people have no reason to whine, I get called a ref relative, not a real fan, etc. These are the same people who claim to "just want to see a fair game called," then when I show a particular call that went against us was called fair, they get upset, lol. Once I got called an Eagles fan. That was a tough one. I cried in the shower for over an hour to wash that thought away.

Marcus you played WR some didn't you? Any former WR can tell you watching the video why Toney slipped on that play. He tried to okie doke with his left (plant) foot before putting it down to cut. He raises up to "put a move" on Brown when he really didn't have to. The best route runners stay low through the breaks so as not to tip anything. Toney stands all the way up before he is about to plant the left foot to make his cut. However he gets in a hurry and starts to lean before the plant foot gets down. As he learns proper route running he will figure out that on that route there is no need to make any move.. Brown was playing him inside so all he had to do was attack his right hip and make his cut and he would have been open by a full yard.

RonWashington

Reaction score
It wasn't the right no call. It should have been a penalty on Danny Jones, it gets called on offensive players as well as defensive. You forget when Zeke got called for it before......... but that isn't the narrative you are trying to talk so doesn't count

Yes Zeke has been called on it

RonWashington

Reaction score
No worries. When I enter a typical ref whine thread when we lose and post videos like this to show people have no reason to whine, I get called a ref relative, not a real fan, etc. These are the same people who claim to "just want to see a fair game called," then when I show a particular call that went against us was called fair, they get upset, lol. Once I got called an Eagles fan. That was a tough one. I cried in the shower for over an hour to wash that thought away.

Right . I had one of these cheerleaders call me “ Giant Homer “ omg now that’s insulting . Just looking at an aspect that happened the clip you showed was great . Thanks .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Someone clearly wants to argue this morning. Lol.

Brown only extended to keep a hand on Tony because Toney's torso was going down after he slipped. The question of the extension causing him to go down is easy to determine so answer this. Does Toney's foot slip before or after you see Brown's hand extend? Yes or no?

So you are saying that Toney's body somehow pulls browns hand down and extends his arm?

The moment Brown touches him with both hands, its PI. The fact that he falls down instantaneously after both hands touch him is a clear indication that he is also pushed down.

And yah, Toney's foot slips, but whether its because of a push or not, its PI the moment Brown puts two hands on him.

I have no doubt that if the jerseys were reversed, most on here would be crying bloody murder.

As a Cowboys fan watching the play and the replay I can freely admit that was PI and we got lucky.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I have my answer.
Clearly another miserable troll who needs friends in his life.

You voiced your opinion and no one agreed with your hot take. To keep posting and arguing in this thread with people that don't agree with you is embarrassing.

It wasn't a non call. It was a non penalty which was said by professional analysts and the former head of officiating.

Troll on.

It was 100% blatant pass interference. Lucky break for the Cowboys.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I completely agree with this. And I'd be guilty. I truly believe it was a good NO CALL. But if the roles were reversed, I'd dang sure blame the refs. Lol

A good no call? That means you are freely admitting it was PI.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It wasn't the right no call. It should have been a penalty on Danny Jones, it gets called on offensive players as well as defensive. You forget when Zeke got called for it before......... but that isn't the narrative you are trying to talk so doesn't count

100% blatant PI in the endzone.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
incidental trip made both players fall a good no call IMO it was closes and if called i wouldn't have been upset but some plays contact by both payer cause then to fall on each other is NOT PI but gets called anyway,,about time we have some calls go our way,,

LOL.............incidental trip? Toney trips and falls the instant Brown puts BOTH hands on him. Not only that but Brown clearly extends his arm out pushing him. Then to top it off, falls on top of him thus confirming that he was pushing him as his momentum forced him to top of him.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
So you are saying that Toney's body somehow pulls browns hand down and extends his arm?

The moment Brown touches him with both hands, its PI. The fact that he falls down instantaneously after both hands touch him is a clear indication that he is also pushed down.

And yah, Toney's foot slips, but whether its because of a push or not, its PI the moment Brown puts two hands on him.

I have no doubt that if the jerseys were reversed, most on here would be crying bloody murder.

As a Cowboys fan watching the play and the replay I can freely admit that was PI and we got lucky.

This is one of the most brain dead takes I've read here in a while. "PI the moment Brown puts two hands on him?" With as many games as we watch every week where defender and receiver hand fight all the way down the field you have somehow invented a new rule that states that the moment a DB touches a receiver it's PI? How do you live in this world? Clearly watching the Cowboys win makes you miserable so I'd advise for your own sanity you go find a team you actually like and watch them.. Defenders can put hands out to "feel for a receiver" anywhere on the field as long as they do not impede them in any way. Since Toney was trying to move away from Brown the only way for him to have impeded him would have been to hold.. which he clearly did not do. The kid slipped.. the refs saw the slip and ignored the contact WHILE HE WAS ALREADY GOING DOWN as they should have.. Yes they COULD have thrown the flag.. but they would have been wrong to do so..

Creeper

Reaction score
When a questionable call goes against Dallas the crying towels come out. AB did impede him got to watch the tape . I’ve defended AB on this forum took grief I was as happy to see his pick 6 as anyone. But to be a blind cheerleader nah that’s boring .

The rule is if their feet get tangled causing the receiver to fall it is not PI. Brown had his hands on Toney's back - which is legal within 5 yards of the LOS, and Toney lost his footing and fell. That is incidental contact and the no call was correct. I am no fan of the refs.
Here is the play. Brown puts his hands on Toney a split second before Toney attempts his turn and loses his footing. There was nothing extra from Brown to cause the fall.

AB-Toney-R.gif

It is not PI, but it could be illegal contact. The defender is not allowed to put his hands on the back of the receiver, even within 5 yards of the LOS. I think the ref did not call it because Toney fell down on his own, but because Brown caused him to fall. Technically, it was illegal contact which is a 5 yard penalty and an automatic first down.

I thought it was a good non-call. Brown did not impede the receiver or cause him to fall. The Cowboys scored 44 points. This play did not change the game.

I saw much more egregious holding by the Giants that was not called.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is one of the most brain dead takes I've read here in a while. "PI the moment Brown puts two hands on him?" With as many games as we watch every week where defender and receiver hand fight all the way down the field you have somehow invented a new rule that states that the moment a DB touches a receiver it's PI? How do you live in this world? Clearly watching the Cowboys win makes you miserable so I'd advise for your own sanity you go find a team you actually like and watch them.. Defenders can put hands out to "feel for a receiver" anywhere on the field as long as they do not impede them in any way. Since Toney was trying to move away from Brown the only way for him to have impeded him would have been to hold.. which he clearly did not do. The kid slipped.. the refs saw the slip and ignored the contact WHILE HE WAS ALREADY GOING DOWN as they should have.. Yes they COULD have thrown the flag.. but they would have been wrong to do so..

FYI..........I never read your 100 word paragraphs.

Its 100% clearly PI. You can lament your homer nonsense all you want. I would expect nothing different then one of our resident homers.

No doubt had the jerseys been reversed, you would be hailing this as PI and screaming.

Once again I show an ability that you dont posses. The ability to be objective and non biased to Cowboys players and the team.

RonWashington

Reaction score

Thank you that’s what I saw but “most” everyone thinks Toney did the LeBron James flop. Yeah switch jerseys make it Cooper in the end zone falling and the conspiracy crying towels selling fast .

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The rule is if their feet get tangled causing the receiver to fall it is not PI. Brown had his hands on Toney's back - which is legal within 5 yards of the LOS, and Toney lost his footing and fell. That is incidental contact and the no call was correct. I am no fan of the refs.

It is not PI, but it could be illegal contact. The defender is not allowed to put his hands on the back of the receiver, even within 5 yards of the LOS. I think the ref did not call it because Toney fell down on his own, but because Brown caused him to fall. Technically, it was illegal contact which is a 5 yard penalty and an automatic first down.

I thought it was a good non-call. Brown did not impede the receiver or cause him to fall. The Cowboys scored 44 points. This play did not change the game.

I saw much more egregious holding by the Giants that was not called.

100% PI. The guy falls down the instant Brown puts both hands on him and pushes him down. Its not even debatable as Brown extends his arm as he pushed him to the ground.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thank you that’s what I saw but “most” everyone thinks Toney did the LeBron James flop. Yeah switch jerseys make it Cooper in the end zone falling and the conspiracy crying towels selling fast .

This is just another text book reason why I cant stand most Cowboys fans. Blind homers 80% of them. There is no debate, that was 100% PI.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

So it's a yes that Toney's foot slipped before Brown's arm extended. Thanks.

And it's false that merely having 2 hands on a guy is PI. If it is, post the rule. You won't because it doesn't exist. Again, thanks.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I know some think the refs have it in for Dallas which is probably stretching it but in the opposite direction wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone he seemed to be all over Toney’s back ? Would have given the Giants fresh downs at the one .

Buckaroo up in the booth got the Fox ref expert for his opinion and he thought Toney’s foot gave out and it was a good “ non call “ . Huh ? Really . That’s one that went Dallas way in a big way.

no i had remarked immediately, it was more toney slipping than brown , but Toney was trying to sell off the push , even though he was no where near the ball. Ref had a clear view and correctly didnt call , color me surprised .

RonWashington

Reaction score

And it's false that merely having 2 hands on a guy is PI. If it is, post the rule. You won't because it doesn't exist. Again, thanks.

Toney slipped after contact was made . The refs swallowed the whistles

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Yep his foot slipped because he was pushed down by Brown. And yah, putting both hands on the receiver and pushing him to the ground is PI. :thumbup:

Hey I am tickled pink they didnt call it. You homers can have all the fun you want imagining it wasnt. We got lucky on the non PI call.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know some think the refs have it in for Dallas which is probably stretching it but in the opposite direction wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone he seemed to be all over Toney’s back ? Would have given the Giants fresh downs at the one .

Buckaroo up in the booth got the Fox ref expert for his opinion and he thought Toney’s foot gave out and it was a good “ non call “ . Huh ? Really . That’s one that went Dallas way in a big way.
It looked like Toney's foot slipped out from under him and he was going down on his own, so what contact there was may only been incidental