Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

Kaiser

Reaction score
We have definitely upgraded four of the five OL positions now, with the 5th being Smith. And Smith is 22 years old - the same age as most of this year's draft picks - so there is good reason to think Smith will show improvement as well.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
Super excited but why couldn't they have done this a week ago?

My guess is he just wanted no part of training camp, and wanted to sign just in time to be on the roster by Sunday, thus guaranteeing his salary.

gdogg24

Reaction score
We have definitely upgraded four of the five OL positions now, with the 5th being Smith. And Smith is 22 years old - the same age as most of this year's draft picks - so there is good reason to think Smith will show improvement as well.

If Smith is the 5th in this situation this is gonna be a good year for the O-line

RS12

Reaction score
Reserve judgement till I see what he has left, but hard not to feel good about it. Free at RG not something to hope for this season.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Now after this see if we send a 7th to someone for a decent DT that can play the one.

nathanlt

Reaction score
So, Raymond and Waters added today means Dallas must cut one player, who will it be? Who was it?

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Got to be Arkin or Weems. Wilber has value and should be traded before being cut. If Water is signed, an OL has to go in my opinion.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
Would you rather have them not even try to upgrade the position? If this doesn't work out for some reason, then we'll have your choice of Parnell at RT and Free and RG.

Yes, They should have tried to upgrade the position. I say..the draft, more than drafting a TE in the 2nd round. I mean, if we were close to a SB team, this signing makes sense. We are not close.

tecolote

Reaction score
Going from Livings-Cook-Bern to Leary-Fred-Waters in one offseason is a major win for the front office. The sky is the limit now.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Got to be Arkin or Weems. Wilber has value and should be traded before being cut. If Water is signed, an OL has to go in my opinion.

I say Weems gets demoted to the practice squad. If there is an injury to an OT, they can bring him back up.

Arkin gets another year to develop. But if he's not starting or at least the primary OG/C backup next year, then he's gone.

Wilber gets another year to develop as well. But once Spencer returns, Selvie is moved over to back up Ware and Wilber is not on the active gameday roster this year.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Yes, They should have tried to upgrade the position. I say..the draft, more than drafting a TE in the 2nd round. I mean, if we were close to a SB team, this signing makes sense. We are not close.

Completely disagree. This team is top 10 if they remain reasonably healthy. I only put 49ers, Seahawks, Broncos as clear favorites on paper. 6-8 teams can jump up and surpise, Dallas are one of those teams.

rbr651

Reaction score
It reminds me of when Flozell went to Pittsburgh and played his last season. It's a true upgrade, the guy is a winner and a vet and can bring some unity to a young Oline that hasn't had a lot of playing time together. I'm very happy. I would like to go out next year in the draft and grab a G in the 3rd/4th that can play with Smith and Fredrick for the next decade. We're going to have to spend the money to protect Manziel after Tony leaves. ; )