Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it's whining if you pose concerns? Sorry you can read all you want on someone and its all great. The point I think some are missing is the guy hasn't played since 2011 hasn't been in any offseason training program etc... He doesn't know the play book. So for some this signing doesn't get them excited and that's pretty fair. If he is this great all-pro world beater probowl OG and just tears it up great! But someone could only find Ray Donaldson from 18 years ago they they were able to compare Waters signing to. Doesn't really make some feel all warm and fuzzy. You can throw insults all you want, but fact is people have legit concerns.

It's OK to have concerns, but at least the Cowboys are looking to upgrade and not standing pat. This signing doesn't hurt and it has a very good chance of helping.

RamziD

Reaction score
Has he actually signed?

I'm not going to get my hopes up until I see him on the sideline with a Cowboys uniform on. We saw what happened with Moore. I'm hopeful, but I'm preparing for the possibility to feel crushed tomorrow.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
We will see. I just can't get excited over a 36 yr old g that hasn't played football in 18 months

Although I always hope the best for the team- I completely understand this sentiment.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Just so this moves Free away from right guard...I think he will help bolster the interior and help Frederick a bunch.....I like it.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Does this mean Free back to RT?

Don't know. My guess would be not to dress him Sunday night for a few reasons; not in shape, doesn't know the offense, hasn't worked with the guys at all, and if he misses the first game then his salary is not guaranteed. Not sure about the latter as his contract could make that a non-sequiter. Maybe they have got to have him play. I'm not sure about Parnell and Fred could use a steady hand at RG not to mention Romo and the RBs.

boysfanindc

Reaction score
Don't know. My guess would be not to dress him Sunday night for a few reasons; not in shape, doesn't know the offense, hasn't worked with the guys at all, and if he misses the first game then his salary is not guaranteed. Not sure about the latter as his contract could make that a non-sequiter. Maybe they have got to have him play. I'm not sure about Parnell and Fred could use a steady hand at RG not to mention Romo and the RBs.

I believe if he is on the roster his contract is locked in for the season, does not matter if he plays or not.

Deep_South

Reaction score

Waters appears to have been in the driver's seat the whole time, so I doubt if he would get off the couch without having his salary guaranteed for the year. He doesn't have to play; he just needs to be on the 53 Sunday. At least that is my understanding.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Super excited but why couldn't they have done this a week ago?

Mattb_25

Reaction score
I am indifferent. I guess I'll wait and see what impact he has.

Would you rather have them not even try to upgrade the position? If this doesn't work out for some reason, then we'll have your choice of Parnell at RT and Free and RG.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Waters appears to have been in the driver's seat the whole time, so I doubt if he would get off the couch without having his salary guaranteed for the year. He doesn't have to play; he just needs to be on the 53 Sunday. At least that is my understanding.

Sounds like a highly motivated player.... o_O