Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
From what I have heard, Free was having his best camp since 2010 at right tackle. I didn't understand why they would want to mess that up and make him start learning guard. Now, with Waters on board, Free can stay where he belongs.

Per JG just knowing that Free could play OG in a pinch is a plus but they prefer him at OT. That's what I got from it.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think we can say, assuming health and conditioning aside, we have a legitimate offensive line right now. Very exciting for Romo and these skill players.

I think they knew they had to do something at guard. This year has a lot of potential, and next year has even more.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
I am happy with the signing but I think I might have liked Moore at $3 million, and I think he would have played for that to and taking into consideration he too would have skipped tranning camp

Still happy with the signing though

Gaede

Reaction score
Now THIS makes me feel better about the season. I wanted no part of Free/Parnell starting together

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Yes, They should have tried to upgrade the position. I say..the draft, more than drafting a TE in the 2nd round. I mean, if we were close to a SB team, this signing makes sense. We are not close.

Says who? We have the same chance has any team. Top 10 qb, top 5 receiving Corp, improved oline (should be) a defense that looks better in preseason than it did at any point last year. Talent wise we are a top team. Injuries are the big question. I think we are close and I like that the front office is doing everything they can to make the team stronger. But I am just a fan, no realist or anything

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
NFC Championship game at least. Mark it...well, as long as he doesn't get injured
in conditioning like Spencer or Bern or Rat...or Matt

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
Every single time I have visited this forum over the past month, it was with hope that j would see this thread. Yes! Finally!! Love it love it!

Yes he's old.
Yes he hasn't played in a year.
Yes he doesn't know the play book.

But our OL just improved a ton tonight. He I'm ecstatic about it.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hope waters is ready to go by game 3 or 4 ish. He should for sure help out

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
So, worst case scenario, if Waters takes even 6-10 weeks to get completely in game shape, and/or shake the rust off from the layoff (imagine how that helps the little injuries that add up after 11 seasons).....

Well, then we get at the VERY least a superb back-up for the last 1/2 of the season, that can help teach the young oline guys we have like Smith and Frederick. If he still "has it" then we get an above average starter, which is a HUGE upgrade, HUGE compared to our play last year, and the potential for this year, even with an emerging (yet dinged up already) Leary!

This can't be anything but good and puts a bit of competitive pressure on Bernie and Leary as well, which with the lack of depth was non-existent.

This is a good thing to give a try on. The guy was a pro-bowler and not injury prone etc....

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
I think that some here are have to temper the excitement and look at the facts. He is 36 and hasn't played in a year and hasn't been in any offseason programs and does he know the offense? I mean lets temper ourselves a bit and look at the reality here for NFL years he is an old guy.

I agree with you on this but you can spin it this way as well, that is a year his body has rested/healed. I also get the feeling he knew he would sign with Dallas and is not that "out" of shape. Just my 2 cents

ethiostar

Reaction score
I found this little bit in a DMN blog.

I know PFF stats are not well-regarded by all, so for what its worth...

Waters signed with New England on Sept. 4, 2011, and started every game at right guard for the Patriots’ Super Bowl team and earned a Pro Bowl berth. According to ProFootballFocus.com, he was the fourth-best offensive guard in the league that season and ranked No. 1 among guards in pass-blocking.

http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...-with-six-time-pro-bowl-og-brian-waters.html/