Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I think it's probably a combination of all those things. Leary is unreliable, Free has never played guard and Parnell is JAG.

What's strange is that they were just glowing about free from JG to JJ to even Fred. So I am curious as to what the plan is.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Is this because Parnell isn't good or that Free is struggling? Or is Leary not really ready? I'm not confident that a 36 year old guy who didn't play last year is going to come in and light the line on fire

Berny sucks,its that simple.
Before I get bashed to death, what's so special about Waters again? All I know is Romo won't be the oldest on the team while this guy is 36.

he has to be better than Leary and berny and i bet he can do that.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is this because Parnell isn't good or that Free is struggling? Or is Leary not really ready? I'm not confident that a 36 year old guy who didn't play last year is going to come in and light the line on fire

Waters is a guard. This is an upgrade over Bernadeau

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
A ringing endorsement for Arkin! I see no reason for keeping him.... He will never see a meaningful snap as a Dallas Cowboy!

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
What's strange is that they were just glowing about free from JG to JJ to even Fred. So I am curious as to what the plan is.

Well you can take what JJ says with a grain of salt. As a whole, I wouldn't expect them to say anything other than "he's playing great" because the Cowboys are master PR spinners. They're not going to say publicly if something is wrong, even if it is.

With that said, I don't think it's necessarily that Free was playing bad. But he's never played a regular season NFL game at guard and with Waters, you have more depth along the line as a whole, plus you aren't forced to start Parnell at RT. You can actually let Free/Parnell compete again and play whoever is better.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Waters is a guard. This is an upgrade over Bernadeau

But we were not counting on Bernie starting. From all reports we've heard is that Leary was healthy and ready to go and Free has looked good. But we haven't heard much on the Parnell front and I'm wondering if that's why.

jday

Reaction score

Bryan Water's pinky is better than anything we currently have playing OG. I'm not looking for him to "light the line on fire;" just be consistent, and that would be marked improvement.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
From what I have heard, Free was having his best camp since 2010 at right tackle. I didn't understand why they would want to mess that up and make him start learning guard. Now, with Waters on board, Free can stay where he belongs.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
This IS Madden. lol, crazy last few days. Happy to see Waters coming onboard. Hope he's still got something left in the tank, considering that lazy bum escaped every conceivable non-regular season workout!

mullet

Reaction score
@nickeatman: Cowboys worked out veteran guard Brian Waters Tuesday ...Still working on a deal. If signed, trying to get him ready for Week 2 in KC return

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just make sure he does not hurt his back while running on a tread mill

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Well you can take what JJ says with a grain of salt. As a whole, I wouldn't expect them to say anything other than "he's playing great" because the Cowboys are master PR spinners. They're not going to say publicly if something is wrong, even if it is.

With that said, I don't think it's necessarily that Free was playing bad. But he's never played a regular season NFL game at guard and with Waters, you have more depth along the line as a whole, plus you aren't forced to start Parnell at RT. You can actually let Free/Parnell compete again and play whoever is better.

Well it's not just JJ. So actually JJ wasn't even the first one to come out and give Free am endorsement first IIRC. I am not as excited as some because the guy hasn't played in a year and he is 36 and those are legit concerns. But my other questions are 1. Is Leary ok? Because Brad speculates Bernie starts this week? Since when was that? 2. Is free struggling? 3. Parnell just not ready? Listen I think Doug has had a very good TC by far our most consistent linemen this TC. I think this has more to do with Parnell.