Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

Bowdown27

Reaction score
@dfwticket: COWBOYS NEWS: Reports this afternoon that the team has come to terms with 6 time Pro Bowl offensive lineman Brian Waters.

Seems legit. So pumped they finally signed him. Hopefully he can play Sunday. If not week 2 is good enough

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Just didn't want any part of camp - now he's gotta get in shape.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
1. Is Leary ok? Because Brad speculates Bernie starts this week? Since when was that?

Brad is saying that Berny starts at RG game one, then Waters takes over at RG next week. Smith, Leary, Fred, Berny, Free, week one OL starters.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Bryan Water's pinky is better than anything we currently have playing OG. I'm not looking for him to "light the line on fire;" just be consistent, and that would be marked improvement.

I think that some here are have to temper the excitement and look at the facts. He is 36 and hasn't played in a year and hasn't been in any offseason programs and does he know the offense? I mean lets temper ourselves a bit and look at the reality here for NFL years he is an old guy.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Smith Leary Frederick Waters Free

If Waters has anything left, that could be a real improvement.

I'm ecstatic about the possibilities! We could have a majorly stout interior with Leary, Frederick and Waters ... and Free and Smith were playing well at the tackle spots in the preseason.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Brad is saying that Berny starts at RG game one, then Waters takes over at RG next week. Smith, Leary, Fred, Berny, Free, week one OL starters.

Ok so was Parnell not looking good? Or was Free having an issue? That's what I want to know.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
He signed 3 days before the season started for the Pats and started game 1. I'd like to see him play Sunday.

reddyuta

Reaction score
@JJT_ESPNDallas: Waters said it would take him a week to get ready..

---------------

sounds good,lets hope Berny can hold up till then.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Before I get bashed to death, what's so special about Waters again? All I know is Romo won't be the oldest on the team while this guy is 36.

He was playing great when he retired so that he could come home to Texas and be with his family. It wasn't because there was a drop-off in his play.

Yes, there are questions about him getting back up to speed at 36 after a year off, but I'm excited to see if he can do it because the Waters who played for the Patriots is a vast improvement over the guards we've got.

jday

Reaction score
I think that some here are have to temper the excitement and look at the facts. He is 36 and hasn't played in a year and hasn't been in any offseason programs and does he know the offense? I mean lets temper ourselves a bit and look at the reality here for NFL years he is an old guy.

I'm not saying "Championship" nor do I expect he'll play against the Giants considering the catching up he will have to do, but it's either this or sliding Free over from RT. Furthermore, 36 is not terribly old for an offensive lineman...it's the end of the line, no doubt, but I'm not looking to build an offense around the guy. I see him as a 1 year bandaid until they can get younger at the position via draft, trade or free agency. As I mentioned before, I expect when you see a pre-snap penalty, it absolutely won't be his # called. And I expect he will play with great technique and actually be a good influence on the younger guys. But my expectations very well could be way off. Only time will tell...