Way Too Many “Dak Don’t Play Defense” Posts Going Around

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The gameplan was dumb. Buffalo did nothing special, they just let Dallas (Dallas). McCarthy was comatose as a coach on Sunday. Never tried to open up the field. All around bad game for everyone wearing the uniform.

Staubacher

Reaction score
in its all Dak's fault? and nobody else bears any blame?
This is always the default Dak stan excuse.

He is the highest paid player. He is the franchise quarterback. We are told he is the undisputed leader and the greatest one the Cowboys have ever had.

Yet there's literally nothing to show for it outside of some regular season victories mostly against bad or mediocre teams. And a couple of first round playoff wins. In 8 years.

Every time they win we hear how great Dak is he's going to have to hear it when they lose too and he has fallen short every season for 8 years

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Yeah, Mahomes, Hurts, Purdy, etc; have been stellar in all of their performances.
Shouldn't we be more concerned with how OUR team is playing?

in its all Dak's fault? and nobody else bears any blame?
From comments that I'm reading very few people are laying the blame directly on Dak. But with being said, too much blame is being directed at the defense when the offense sucked balls just as much. Dak homies want to blame everything else but Dak, but the reality is he had an awful game. Neither Dak or the rest of the offense did anything to help out the defense. It's a two way street, or do the Dak homies expect the defense to to toss out shutouts every damn week?

Last edited:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

He is the highest paid player. He is the franchise quarterback. We are told he is the undisputed leader and the greatest one the Cowboys have ever had.

Yet there's literally nothing to show for it outside of some regular season victories mostly against bad or mediocre teams. And a couple of first round playoff wins. In 8 years.

Every time they win we hear how great Dak is he's going to have to hear it when they lose too and he has fallen short every season for 8 years
its not. I am asking a legit question, expecting an answer as to why....as opposed to "this is always a default Dak stan excuse", which is an excuse onto itself for those who point fingers but don't provide anything else beyond that.

he is highest paid player on the team. so are 15 other QBs on their team. its the NFL. its the QB market. that line of reasoning is really outdated, old and irrelevant.

and he has nothing to show. he is not elite. been discussed and agreed upon to death. what I am hearing from all the Dak haters (since you labeled me Dak stan), is the only way to success is to have an Elite QB, and the biggest complaint is why isn't he Elite and why isn't he playing at Elite level. is that the only way to success?

and regarding people commenting on how great he played, the same can be said about those who complain about the smallest things. its the two extremes. it balances out. he has fallen short for 8 seasons. so have 39 other QBs. not an excuse, but reality of NFL. is expectations are that based on the number of seasons QBs reach a certain plateau in NFL? does that even make sense?

kskboys

Reaction score

From comments that I'm reading very few people are laying the blame directly on Dak. But with being said, too much blame is being directed at the defense when the offense sucked balls just as much. Dak homies want to blame everything else but Dak, but the reality is he had an awful game. Neither Dak or the rest of the offense did anything to help out the defense. It's a two way street, or do the Dak homies expect the defense to to toss out shutouts every damn week?
In a game full of bad performances, Dak stood out as the worst.

kskboys

Reaction score
yet, he has been one of the better QBs when blitzed and pressured. so its either play dirty, try to hurt the player with dirty late hits. that's the only way to get to a player. right?

didn't williams the Saints DC get suspended because he was ordering late hits. a pittsburgh defender just got suspended for a dirty hit.

dirty and late hits are condoned by the league.

and show me a QB, who does well, when they get hit late often? including Tom Brady. so is this unique to Dak or is it most QBs?

should we then employ the same technique with Purdy. just hit him late a few times. a few low hits, few penalties but then we get to him. should Quinn employ the same tactic?
You're missing the point. Hit him. Period. Giving him a clean pocket and time to throw will get you beat every time.

kskboys

Reaction score
that goes for almost every QB in the league! that's why good LT get paid a ton of money. same with RT.
Yes. That's why you have to hit him. Rather have a couple penalties for late hits than let him walk up and down the field.

I'm sure DC's have to be more careful than ever as to what they say to their players. I would imagine the good DC's find ways to implore their guys to hit the QB, even if it's late, w/o actually saying it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes. That's why you have to hit him. Rather have a couple penalties for late hits than let him walk up and down the field.

I'm sure DC's have to be more careful than ever as to what they say to their players. I would imagine the good DC's find ways to implore their guys to hit the QB, even if it's late, w/o actually saying it.
still illegal. like I said, if its that blatant, they will get ejected and suspended.

and that goes for every QB in NFL, so even we should hit them late...give up penalties.

JBS

Reaction score
So?

You take away that garbage time TD and it would’ve required a shut out from the defense to hold on to that 3-0 lead from that whole 3 points Dak got us.

The defense was trash and everyone knows it, but Dak was just as much trash.
100% neither side (offense/Dak or the defense) was better than the other. They were equally terrible

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

The comparison was to OTHER QBs in the league. Look at who I was replying to please.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Dumb take. Just because he is the highest paid player; doesn't mean he plays every position on the field. Has he played terrible at times? Yes, but stop with him being Mr. Everything. Dakota Rayne Prescott, is the reason for every losing season since 1995. That should make all of the detractors happy.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Dumb take. Just because he is the highest paid player; doesn't mean he plays every position on the field. Has he played terrible at times? Yes, but stop with him being Mr. Everything. Dakota Rayne Prescott, is the reason for every losing season since 1995. That should make all of the detractors happy.
Well you certainly demonstrated what a dumb take is. Thank you

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
So?

You take away that garbage time TD and it would’ve required a shut out from the defense to hold on to that 3-0 lead from that whole 3 points Dak got us.

The defense was trash and everyone knows it, but Dak was just as much trash.
Haven't heard from you in a while. Good to know you are still around, with the same takes.