Way Too Many “Dak Don’t Play Defense” Posts Going Around

stiletto

Reaction score
Dak was awful, no question.

When he gets into that mode where he's immediately taking the short stuff that isn't even open, you know we're in trouble.

Checkdowns where the RB gets tackled immediately for a gain of 2. Quick outs to the well-covered TE for a gain of 2-3 max, if it's even completed.

Hopefully he got his last clunker out of his system. We'll need him to show up in Miami.
You might as well be talking to the neighbor's cat...

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I knew this silly poster would start a thread after yesterday ........ first time in months :laugh:

BoysForLife

Reaction score
It's also telling that as I said some fans on here still won't show up until after the Cowboys lose as game.
It's also telling that "some fans" seem more concerned about some members posting history than about the consistent pattern of collapses in key moments.

But, hey, everyone needs a villain to despise.

My villain is whoever is holding back the cowboys from being elite

Others make a villain out of those who are willing to acknowledge that the emperor has no clothes

To each his own I suppose

StarChamber_33

Reaction score
So?

You take away that garbage time TD and it would’ve required a shut out from the defense to hold on to that 3-0 lead from that whole 3 points Dak got us.

The defense was trash and everyone knows it, but Dak was just as much trash.
Wow, this is one of the few times that I can actually agree with Mnt. Cowboy. :facepalm:

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Id trade Micah before paying him
Honestly I would too. I have a bad feeling about the guy. Obviously he's a rare talent that you could probably get multiple picks for but I would not break the bank for him.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
They do.

From Mike Golic: "The only way to beat Brady is to hit him. Even if the play is over, hit him. Hitting a QB ruins their timing and rhythm and speeds up their internal clock."

As a former player, I'd say this is good advice.
dang, I got hate replies for what Golic said. hum, maybe me and Mike Golic don't know crap, shrugs

Blackrain

Reaction score
Oh my it was getting cold and damp under that rock and you just couldn't stay under there any longer.

Far be it from me to deny anybody participation in their hobby but unfortunately for you Dak did not play bad enough to warrant a whole lot of criticism.

I know it's asking a lot for you to actually put your vengeance on hold and analyze things like time of possession special teams and coaching.
But you have to concede that possessing the ball is essential to scoring and winning the game.

If we leave the defense completely out of this Williams if he would have just let the guy get the punt off would have been another possession for us and an opportunity to score .if Our coach that should have access to every electronic device to show him that there was a fumble through the flag we would have had another possession.

Now I know these things are miniscule in your mind and your crusade to persecute Dak but the rest of us on here actually watch the rest of the game and analyze the different factors and DAk just didn't do that much wrong this week.

Wait for a better opportunity get back under the Rock

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
dak did nothing. When a guy is said to be MVP and wants a massive extension, he has to show up in big games. I guess beating up on high school defenses is good enough for the romo Romo-hating Dak lovers. shrugs.

Blackrain

Reaction score
MVP doesn't even mean anything in this league anymore the talent is so deluded.
There's no Roger Staubach or Joe Montana Dan Marino Steve Young.
The rules are bent completely in the quarterbacks favor and and make them look far better than they really are.

That said Dak is not and has not been able to elevate the whole team against good teams on the road when everyone else does not do their job.

The defense hasn't been able to stop the run all year and with hankins out it's worse.

You need to possess the ball to score they had the ball for 10 more minutes than we did that's 2/3 of a whole quarter of football.

Why did they have more opportunities because our coach who gets paid a ton of money is asleep at the switch and doesn't throw the challenge flag on a clear fumble that everybody else could see.

And when our defense finally does get off the field Williams hailing from the short bus smacks their punter and the negates another opportunity for us.

This was a team loss defense coaching and special teams all played into this little mess it can't all be pinned on the quarterback sorry

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Criticizing Dak when he plays bad is one thing. But when some fans only show up after the Cowboys lose, it leads me to believe that they enjoy when the Cowboys lose mainly so they can feel good about themselves and saying "I told you so" with their agenda against Dak. As some would rather see the Cowboys fail so that they can be proven right. This is why they don't come around for weeks when the Cowboys are on a winning streak.

If the Cowboys actually ever did go on a deep playoff run with Dak, some of these fans might not show themselves for months.
there are those who do enjoy when we lose. some have literally said, they want the cowboys to lose with Dak. those words. so that's telling. because they are part of the Bash Dak Over Dallas cult members. they just want to bash Dak

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He had 82 total yards until that last garbage time drive. 82. And this guy was said to be an MVP candidate? MVP's don't stink up the field like that.
Yeah, Mahomes, Hurts, Purdy, etc; have been stellar in all of their performances.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
They do.

From Mike Golic: "The only way to beat Brady is to hit him. Even if the play is over, hit him. Hitting a QB ruins their timing and rhythm and speeds up their internal clock."

As a former player, I'd say this is good advice.
yet, he has been one of the better QBs when blitzed and pressured. so its either play dirty, try to hurt the player with dirty late hits. that's the only way to get to a player. right?

didn't williams the Saints DC get suspended because he was ordering late hits. a pittsburgh defender just got suspended for a dirty hit.

dirty and late hits are condoned by the league.

and show me a QB, who does well, when they get hit late often? including Tom Brady. so is this unique to Dak or is it most QBs?

should we then employ the same technique with Purdy. just hit him late a few times. a few low hits, few penalties but then we get to him. should Quinn employ the same tactic?