Way Too Many “Dak Don’t Play Defense” Posts Going Around

BubbaGump

Reaction score
I’m glad that MVP talk is over with.

There’s nothing that would’ve killed the Cowboys more than a $60 million a year Dak Prescott.
Do you think he is still not going to get that? Yesterday did not change his future contract. He was not great nor was anyone else on that team. Maybe Quinn should learn to make some adjustments as a team just runs at will on you; McCarty's game plan was trash as well. Nothing quick and he abandoned the run to fast.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Do you think he is still not going to get that? Yesterday did not change his future contract. He was not great nor was anyone else on that team. Maybe Quinn should learn to make some adjustments as a team just runs at will on you; McCarty's game plan was trash as well. Nothing quick and he abandoned the run to fast.
The MVP leverage is gone now and best believe he was hoping to use that in negotiations.

He lost a couple million annually yesterday.

Hadenough

Reaction score
The type of Cowboys fans who only show up after the team losses a game. They hope that the Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with Dak, because if that happens they might not show their faces on this forum for a months or not until the Cowboys lost a game in the following season.
This is a stupid post!

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
Losses happen, but I get the frustration here. It was a repeat of the SF game when the Cowboys were supposed to be improved. A total team failure against a good team on the road…again. Problems don’t fix themselves, but Jerry runs the team as if they do.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
I don't disagree. The TOP was lopsided and the defense was clearly tired at the end of the game from having to be out their for those long drives by Buffalo. The offense did not help to keeping the ball and giving the defense a rest.

I don't know what was up with Dak but it appeared he could not find an open receiver. He threw into a lot of tight coverage last night and could have been picked off 3 or 4 times. TV cameras don't give a good view of the field so I don't know if there were open receivers and he didn't see them or if no one was open, which would be another problem.

Maybe it was just an off night for the whole team. We will find out next week.
He started believing his own hype and came crashing back down to earth.

MVPS don’t blame this bad. Tom Brady could never

Rowdy1

Reaction score
Defense stunk.

Dak stunk.

McCarthy stunk.

I mean other than Aubrey, just about everyone stunk. The problem is that the anti-Dak and pro-Dak crowds, after losses, have to dig in and blame one or the other solely when in many cases, blame can be spread around to many players, including Dak.
This was a complete and total Team brainfart. The only bright spot was Aubrey and he simply did his job. Time to shake this one off as just a REALLY bad night and overprepare for Miami. I would love nothing more than to see a dismantling of Miami this week, but my fear is their run game is going to give us trouble same as we saw this weekend. I hope our D shows up and really flexes their muscles.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
The MVP leverage is gone now and best believe he was hoping to use that in negotiations.

He lost a couple million annually yesterday.
Prescott is going to get a significant contract extension and he may well win MVP. If he doesn’t win his first MVP this season than it won’t be a quarterback.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
not sure why all the attacks on the op, he is right. Dak played real poor. holding onto the ball way too long, didnt scan the field very well and when he tried - took way too long. He certainly didnt play like he has the last few weeks. enough said there

Defense - couldnt stop the run at all. that by itself was enough to lose the game. Cook killed us on the ground. They played what worked and worked it did.

Need to stop with the excuses and call our struggles for what they are. We need some LB's and beef up on the Dline. No reason to lose away games like they do, just unfocused and lack of discipline. Dak - he needs to show he can focus his game EVERY week. Right now, he is inconsistent and has yet to disprove his doubters. It sucks to keep saying and seeing the same patterns coming out of this team, but until they show differently on the field we are gonna keep hearing it with same results.

It was great to see we clinched a playoff spot, but aren't we all tired of backing into the playoffs based on what other teams do?

Was there at the game and that was my first Cowboys loss live, and as a visitor watching a humiliating loss at that. Very humbling indeed..

leeblair

Reaction score
So?

You take away that garbage time TD and it would’ve required a shut out from the defense to hold on to that 3-0 lead from that whole 3 points Dak got us.

The defense was trash and everyone knows it, but Dak was just as much trash.
The Cowboys lost because their were no microphones or media to take questions on the field.
These actors need that attention.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So?

You take away that garbage time TD and it would’ve required a shut out from the defense to hold on to that 3-0 lead from that whole 3 points Dak got us.

You probably enjoyed that game so much yesterday it actually made me laugh out loud after seeing this post.

Good to have you back Mountaineer, we all missed you around here with all of the winning that was going on.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak does not play defense.

However...he could help them immensely by scoring more than 3 points for most of the game or at least sustaining some drives.

He had opportunities and he and his line squandered them.

I thought Pollard fought well.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
So?

the entire team was trash, no doubt. coaches had the wrong game plan. they didn't adjust. that is both offensively and defensively. make no mistakes about it, this team was not ready to play. the defense sucked (including on that very first drive). the offense sucked. penalties galore. Dak was underwhelming. OL was underwhelming. WRs were underwhelming. the special teams sucked.

nothing good to say about yesterday's game.

btw, its nice to see you poke your head after a loss. predictable. where are you two other buddies?