We are not Overpaying

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Your comments have no impact on what the Cowboys do on the field either. You should leave. By your own standards.
Did I say anything about anyone leaving you seem confused have a snickers bar.

Verdict

Reaction score
I know. The actual numbers are shockingly high.

And then compare Schultz' productivity numbers to several of those names? He's going to cost a bundle in free agency.
Which is why we may not keep him. A 3rd round comp pick for him sure would be nice though.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Fans way to worried about other peoples money

Not so. Whether one likes it or not, NFL teams are restricted by a salary cap, and if you're overpaying people who are not worth that much, you won't be able to acquire someone who IS worth it.
Fans who pay any serious attention to what their team is doing are naturally going to be concerned when their team signs an expensive contract to a player who underperforms.

Those salaries are not secret, they are made publicly available. If part of becoming a quality team means properly managing their salary cap, then why shouldn't fans be concerned about the same thing?

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't think so. We're worried about not being able to pay someone to perform the job admirably because we're overpaying someone else who is not performing the job admirably. Whether we like it or not, an NFL team is restricted by a salary cap, and if you're overpaying people who are not worth that much, you won't be able to acquire someone who IS worth it.
Fans who pay any serious attention to what their team is doing are naturally going to be concerned when their team signs an expensive contract to a player who underperforms.
Those salaries are not secret, they are made publicly available. If part of becoming a quality team means properly managing their salary cap, then why shouldn't fans be concerned about the same thing?
You are trying to persuade simpletons. They will drag you down to their level of ignorance. It’s best to avoid discussing anything with them or making direct eye contact with them. Just pass them by quietly.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lawrence isn't living up to his contract. I can make much better use of $27 million in cap space. I'll start by re-signing Gregory and Schultz and then look for another defensive linemen for the 'dirty work'. And I'll still have millions in cap room left over.
So you'll take on $8 million in dead cap in 2022 & $11 million in 2023 to downgrade LDE?

If you want to move on from LAWRENCE, I think 2023 makes more sense.

You can move on from Jarwin with only $1M Deadcap to go toward Shultz money
I can see them re-upping Gregory. They will move on from Lawrence, im not sure whether they do it in 2022 or 2023. Its doable from a cap stand point in 2022, but cleaner in 2023 (11m dead cap in 2023 that can be spread over two year)

Big question is what they can do at 13 million over the cap in 2022. We all know that number isnt as important as it looks, but its still a hole right now

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did I say anything about anyone leaving you seem confused have a snickers bar.

The exact quote was:

You are correct People worry about what players are paid. there is nothing they can do about it.

There is nothing you can do about anything Cowboys. So you're wasting your time here and should move on because there is nothing you can do about it. Again, by your own standards. Or are your 'rules' different for you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which is why we may not keep him. A 3rd round comp pick for him sure would be nice though.

It would also be nice if the talk about TE Sean McKeon's development are true and he can be a suitable replacement, or even come close.

Verdict

Reaction score
I can see them re-upping Gregory. They will move on from Lawrence, im not sure whether they do it in 2022 or 2023. Its doable from a cap stand point in 2022, but cleaner in 2023 (11m dead cap in 2023 that can be spread over two year)

Big question is what they can do at 13 million over the cap in 2022. We all know that number isnt as important as it looks, but its still a hole right now
I don’t know what they will do with Tank. But they are playing with fire at $27m per year and $29m the year after that. They may not have the cap room to do another Jaylon move without really cramping things up.

You have to have good players on the cheap to make up for the Tank contract whiffs on the ledger.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are right.

I for one NEVER had a problem with Zekes contract. We ran him on 1st down...ran him on 2nd down...and threw it to him on 3rd or asked him to pick up the blitz. His agents were not going to allow Garett to abuse him like he did DeMarco Murray for rookie money. His talent impacted BOTH the offense and the defense because he controlled the tempo and kept the defense off the field.

We all loved Dak when we were winning 13 games and paying him 500k/year. Well, it does not work like that. If Dallas had properly evaluated Daks trajectory...he would have been had for 33M/year (like Wentz and others in his draft class) and we would not have been stuck paying him 75M this year. This is on the Jones boys

DLaw might not give you 15 sacks...but he CAN play.

The issue was with a guy like Jaylon. You can at least say Zeke at various points was either the best player at his position in the NFL or top 3. Dak, you can at least say he is a top 10 QB. If his draft class were to be re-drafted....Dak would probably be a top 3 pick. If Jaylon's draft class were to be re-drafted...Jaylon would NOT get drafted...and this is a guy who we used a 2nd round pick on AND signed him to a contract extension making him the highest paid LBer in the history of the NFL at the time. That is what did it for me. Zeke, Dak and DLaw have played at a high level over an extended period. Jaylon might have a couple of games in a row of somewhat high level ball.
x2 zeke hate was all about money, the man never left and no people keep saying any rb could do what hes dog..they cant sorry .
keep telling yourself that and teams aren't running because they cant.

you need good OL and good back.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t know what they will do with Tank. But they are playing with fire at $27m per year and $29m the year after that. They may not have the cap room to do another Jaylon move without really cramping things up.

You have to have good players on the cheap to make up for the Tank contract whiffs on the ledger.
no for me i like him but joey bosa money he is not..

got to find way out of that

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
The exact quote was:

There is nothing you can do about anything Cowboys. So you're wasting your time here and should move on because there is nothing you can do about it. Again, by your own standards. Or are your 'rules' different for you?
Stop stalking me Mr. keyboard warrior

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
People are obsessed with salary. I know Jaylen Smith underachieved, but the staff took care of that. People whined about him making too much. Not even a week after he's let go, some fans start in on the next guy, lol.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His projected hit for 2022 is $27 million and these are the dead cap numbers if he's designated a June 1st cut:

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2022 Dead Cap: $8,000,000
2023 Dead Cap: $11,000,000
2022 Cap Savings: $19,000,000

That $19 million savings would help to fix their issues for next year for sure.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stop stalking me Mr. keyboard warrior

Them mind your own business about what other people are talking about. Practice what you preach. You want to be 'left alone', afford others the same courtesy.

If you don't want to talk about something? Don't.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Them mind your own business about what other people are talking about. Practice what you preach. You want to be 'left alone', afford others the same courtesy.

If you don't want to talk about something? Don't.
Shut up already.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People are obsessed with salary. I know Jaylen Smith underachieved, but the staff took care of that. People whined about him making too much. Not even a week after he's let go, some fans start in on the next guy, lol.

How is pointing out the obvious 'starting in' on him? The team has cap issues, need to cut payroll, where else do you look but at the high priced players?