We are not very good, and I'm fading

utrunner07

Reaction score
Hostile;3510984 said:
http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3510584&postcount=350

You'll deny it, but calling others pathetic is pretty damning.

Hos you are so hypocritical with one hand you say this is damning evidence towards me but with your words on this thread you have said much much much worse towards others. So who treats everyone like garbage?

But guess what, you don't like or agree with the people you directed your comments against so that makes it ok for you. You like/agree/want to defend the person I made that comment to so it is "pretty damning".

Go back and read what you have posted in this thread and then tell me that you and almost every other poster in this thread have not treated someone else "like garbage here" (if saying something is pathetic is treating them like garbage), Do it, I dare you. I'll get the quote function ready because not a single person in their right mind would agree with that.

Lets just for the sake of argument give it to you that me saying this was pathetic was calling the poster pathetic, so you are going to take one post I made in this thread and say that I treat everyone like garbage? Feel free to apologize whenever you want, send a PM or better yet do it here if you have the guts, because you were wrong, you let your emotions get the best of you and clamored off that I treat everyone like garbage and that is incorrect. As a mod you need to be better ( and a lot of the times you are).

As to your "damning evidence" I did not mean that the poster was pathetic, but I did mean what he was doing was pathetic, and I maintain it is. I don't care if you believe that or not. You won't probably because you don't like me. If it had been one of your buds you would give him the benefit of the doubt. Thats fine, that's life, but at least be honest about it.

Why don't you go read my other two posts on this thread and tell me I treat everyone like garbage? Go do it...then come back and tell me I treat everyone like garbage.

I would go back and re-read this thread sometime later when you have cooled down and I think it may perhaps be an eye opener to you.

Im not saying Im perfect by any means, but how you can conclude I treat everyone like garbage is beyond me...

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511019 said:
Hos you are so hypocritical with one hand you say this is damning evidence towards me but with your words on this thread you have said much much much worse towards others. So who treats everyone like garbage?

But guess what, you don't like or agree with the people you directed your comments against so that makes it ok for you. You like/agree/want to defend the person I made that comment to so it is "pretty damning".

Go back and read what you have posted in this thread and then tell me that you and almost every other poster in this thread have not treated someone else "like garbage here" (if saying something is pathetic is treating them like garbage), Do it, I dare you. I'll get the quote function ready because not a single person in their right mind would agree with that.

Lets just for the sake of argument give it to you that me saying this was pathetic was calling the poster pathetic, so you are going to take one post I made in this thread and say that I treat everyone like garbage? Feel free to apologize whenever you want, send a PM or better yet do it here if you have the guts, because you were wrong, you let your emotions get the best of you and clamored off that I treat everyone like garbage and that is incorrect. As a mod you need to be better ( and a lot of the times you are).

As to your "damning evidence" I did not mean that the poster was pathetic, but I did mean what he was doing was pathetic, and I maintain it is. I don't care if you believe that or not. You won't probably because you don't like me. If it had been one of your buds you would give him the benefit of the doubt. Thats fine, that's life, but at least be honest about it.

Why don't you go read my other two posts on this thread and tell me I treat everyone like garbage? Go do it...then come back and tell me I treat everyone like garbage.

I would go back and re-read this thread sometime later when you have cooled down and I think it may perhaps be an eye opener to you.

Im not saying Im perfect by any means, but how you can conclude I treat everyone like garbage is beyond me...

Look man, you didn't read the whole thread, by your admission, and reacted to it. Then, you were called on it. That's all that happened here.

I know when I read your comment stating the whole thread was pathetic, I took it as a broad insult to anyone posting here.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
PBJTime;3511145 said:
Look man, you didn't read the whole thread, by your admission, and reacted to it. Then, you were called on it. That's all that happened here.

I know when I read your comment stating the whole thread was pathetic, I took it as a broad insult to anyone posting here.
Exactly.

utrunner07

Reaction score
PBJTime;3511145 said:

I've gone back and read it and I stand by every single word I said, but will admit that saying the whole thread is pathetic is too broad of a stroke, somewhere along the way, you and others were having a real conversation, that got lost.

But as a whole, it does seem to be a pathetic thread fans quitting, name calling, insults personal attacks, all over the place. Im not saying that every post is pathetic , but as a whole its a pretty sad thread. I don't see how you can equate me calling a thread pathetic to me saying that everyone posting in it are pathetic people, there are big differences. The argument that me and hos were having is a pretty pathetic argument, that does not make us pathetic people.

I read the middle of the thread, saw where people were just piling on and ripping hawklegionre or whoverer and felt bad for the guy. I thought (think) it was pretty pathetic for what and how they were ripping on him and said so. I do not agree much at all with what hawk was saying but still did not feel like what he had said deserved that kind of personal abuse...but let me emphasize, I was calling the action and the discussion pathetic, it is Hos's and yours and perhaps others stretch, IMO, to go from that to calling the actual posters pathetic.

If you do not believe me I think you can see in my second and third posts on the issue that I tried to handle it and state what I was saying as kindly and positively to both parties as I could, if I truly thought they were pathetic people I doubt I would have done that.

But I'll admit my part in this thread has turned just as pathetic as most of the rest of it.

So look, sorry you took it as a broad insult to every poster here, it was not meant that way, but it was the way you chose to read into what I wrote, not what I wrote that led you to believe that. I can not control how you take what I wrote (at least not much). If I had meant that everyone posting in this thread was pathetic I would have come out and said:

"You are pathetic as are the rest of you posting here"

but, instead I said:

"I am sorry but this is pathetic [referencing quote above] (as is the rest of this thread)"

Again, there is a huge difference. You and I guess others took my words to mean something that was never meant nor said, don't know why I am being faulted for that.

hawklegion

Reaction score
Hostile;3510953 said:
And prior to you doing that, did ANYONE go grammar police on you? Or did they suddenly turn a more critical eye just like I just said tends to happen?

The Prosecution rests.

Most likely the mention of military service set you and others off. Sadly it still occurs even in this day and age. In the future I'll exercise more caution when dealing with those on your board.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
urface59;3511024 said:
This thread is fading

Yes...

Harder than this...

ab021809kid.jpg

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
PBJTime;3511145 said:

Indeed.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
hawklegion;3511190 said:
Most likely the mention of military service set you and others off. Sadly it still occurs even in this day and age. In the future I'll exercise more caution when dealing with those on your board.
Set me off?

My response to you was "kudos." Pay attention.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3511193 said:

So look, sorry you took it as a broad insult to every poster here, it was not meant that way, but it was the way you chose to read into what I wrote, not what I wrote that led you to believe that. I can not control how you take what I wrote (at least not much). If I had meant that everyone posting in this thread was pathetic I would have come out and said:

but, instead I said:

"I am sorry but this is pathetic [referencing quote/action above] (as is the rest of this thread)"

Again, there is a huge difference. You and I guess others took my words to mean something that was never meant nor said, don't know why I am being faulted for that.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511187 said:
I've gone back and read it and I stand by every single word I said, but will admit that saying the whole thread is pathetic is too broad of a stroke, somewhere along the way, you and others were having a real conversation, that got lost.

But as a whole, it does seem to be a pathetic thread fans quitting, name calling, insults personal attacks, all over the place. Im not saying that every post is pathetic , but as a whole its a pretty sad thread. I don't see how you can equate me calling a thread pathetic to me saying that everyone posting in it are pathetic people, there are big differences. The argument that me and hos were having is a pretty pathetic argument, that does not make us pathetic people.

I read the middle of the thread, saw where people were just piling on and ripping hawklegionre or whoverer and felt bad for the guy. I thought (think) it was pretty pathetic for what and how they were ripping on him and said so. I do not agree much at all with what hawk was saying but still did not feel like what he had said deserved that kind of personal abuse...but let me emphasize, I was calling the action and the discussion pathetic, it is Hos's and yours and perhaps others stretch, IMO, to go from that to calling the actual posters pathetic.

If you do not believe me I think you can see in my second and third posts on the issue that I tried to handle it and state what I was saying as kindly and positively to both parties as I could, if I truly thought they were pathetic people I doubt I would have done that.

But I'll admit my part in this thread has turned just as pathetic as most of the rest of it.

but, instead I said:

"I am sorry but this is pathetic [referencing quote above] (as is the rest of this thread)"

Thanks to your new redirection, this thread will enjoy yet another 10+ pages. :p: Should be fun.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511169 said:
Respond to my post Hos, if you can, you have some things to answer there.
His response said everything I would have.

utrunner07

Reaction score
hawklegion;3511190 said:

I can guarantee you that did not set Hos off, nor probably anyone else on this thread. (you have been here long enough to know that).

What set them off was probably your view point on this team.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511196 said:

but, instead I said:

"I am sorry but this is pathetic [referencing quote/action above] (as is the rest of this thread)"

I'm just trying to figure out why you're on the defensive right now.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3511204 said:
I'm just trying to figure out why you're on the defensive right now.

Mainly because I am being attacked for supposedly saying something I never said.

hawklegion

Reaction score
utrunner07;3511201 said:
I can guarantee you that did not set Hos off, nor probably anyone else on this thread.

What set them off was your view point on the Cowboys.

Hostile said :

And prior to you doing that, did ANYONE go grammar police on you? Or did they suddenly turn a more critical eye just like I just said tends to happen?

The Prosecution rests.
Sounds like it was not my view of the Cowboys but some issues Hostile and others have with my military career choices. Like I said, I'll be more careful around this group in the future.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Hostile;3511199 said:
His response said everything I would have.

So you are just going to ignore the fact that you said worse things to people than I did in this thread but still have the guts to just stand right up to the plate and tell me I treat everyone like garbage?

Be honest hos, you did not know what to say to me because I was right, had you known what to say, how to point at I was wrong and you were right, or had some witty comeback you would not have waited over an hour to let some other poster reply, you would have replied with in minutes.

utrunner07

Reaction score
hawklegion;3511212 said:
Hostile said :

Sounds like it was not my view of the Cowboys but some issues Hostile and others have with my military career choices. Like I said, I'll be more careful around this group in the future.

Dude, I'll tell you again, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE CHANCE THE HOS WAS UPSET BY YOUR MILITARY CAREER, in fact it was probably the opposite. You have been here long enough to know that there are many posters on here that are in the military openly and very respected and appreciated on here for it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
hawklegion;3511212 said:
Hostile said :

Hawk, you are not listening man.

We were disagreeing long before you threw out the military and law school. I am sure you will agree.

You brought it up. I said kudos and that if you think me just being on a message board is all I bring you are delusional.

I never went grammar police on you. I am sure you will agree again.

Others did. AFTER you brought up and defended your intelligence. I then said that tends to happen when you do.

You following me yet?