We are not very good, and I'm fading

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I've been where Awakened and Hawk are right now. Calling mediocrity based upon my perceived ability to predict the future... It always helped to soften the fall if I didn't let myself get too caught up in the hype. Well, that **** gets old. My heart beats silver & blue and, though I will never become the eternal optimist, I can recognize positive trends when I see them.

To sit here and say the team will have a worst record than last year is simply tunnel vision in action. This team, like many many other teams in the league, has weak areas that need to be addressed. However, I challenge anyone to convince me that our weak areas number more than 30% of the rest of the league. Please convince me... This team is super talented and will benefit from yet another year of making no ridiculously major moves. It is poised to make some serious noise this year.

Yes indeed. As a former offensive lineman, I can clearly see the deficiencies and question marks up front. However, I also see a stronger talent pool than last year, promise at the LT spot, and an owner that cares enough to ensure the team succeeds. I just can't see how anyone can look down upon that. Just my opinion though... Life is too short to spend it hating on the team I love. I'll leave that to the few in this thread that care to still sound that ridiculous horn.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511217 said:
So you are just going to ignore the fact that you said worse things to people than I did in this thread but still have the guts to just stand right up to the plate and tell me I treat everyone like garbage?

Be honest hos, you did not know what to say to me because I was right, had you known what to say, how to point at I was wrong and you were right, or had some witty comeback you would not have waited over an hour to let some other poster reply, you would have replied with in minutes.
I did not say worse things to anyone. I did not call anyone pathetic. Not one person. I did not try and bully a thread into closure. Not one time.

I was engaged in a discussion with 2 posters, Hawk and Links. I am unaware of any time that I called them names. I destroyed a couple of myths about previous football games mattering in a current season and especially pre-season games. At no time have I been angry, or insulting to those 2 guys.

In fact, when others went grammar police on Hawk, I said kudos. I didn't call him a liar. I further tried to explain to him that people do go grammar police after you give yourself credit. It happens every time.

That's what he did and that is what happened. I even gave Hawk credit for me completely misreading something that he said.

If these are examples of me being worse that you calling people pathetic, then I don't know where you see the scales.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511219 said:
Dude, I'll tell you again, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE CHANCE THE HOS WAS UPSET BY YOUR MILITARY CAREER, in fact it was probably the opposite. You have been here long enough to know that there are many posters on here that are in the military openly and very respected and appreciated on here for it.
Thank you. I appreciate you coming to my defense even though you're angry at me.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511219 said:
Dude, I'll tell you again, THERE IS NOT A SINGLE CHANCE THE HOS WAS UPSET BY YOUR MILITARY CAREER, in fact it was probably the opposite. You have been here long enough to know that there are many posters on here that are in the military openly and very respected and appreciated on here for it.

Indeed utrunner.

Mil vet here... I don't ever recall Hos having anything but respect fort the military in my many years staring at this board.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
utrunner07;3511217 said:
So you are just going to ignore the fact that you said worse things to people than I did in this thread but still have the guts to just stand right up to the plate and tell me I treat everyone like garbage?

Be honest hos, you did not know what to say to me because I was right, had you known what to say, how to point at I was wrong and you were right, or had some witty comeback you would not have waited over an hour to let some other poster reply, you would have replied with in minutes.
I need to clarify one more thing. I was gone from my computer because 2 of my neighbors knocked on my door. Another neighbor, 79, had fallen today, could not get up and was covered in feces. They wondered if they should call an ambulance? I couldn't believe they hadn't. They trust my judgment on these things. I called the ambulance and was there until they took her away.

I did not run from responding. I genuinely care about my neighbors.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
Haven't read this whole thread only the original post, BUT anyone who puts any true stock into pre-season just isn't that bright. It's no idicator at all on how this team will proform this year. Pre season footbal is like non-alcoholic beer.

hawklegion

Reaction score
Hostile;3511226 said:
Hawk, you are not listening man.

We were disagreeing long before you threw out the military and law school. I am sure you will agree.

You brought it up. I said kudos and that if you think me just being on a message board is all I bring you are delusional.

I never went grammar police on you. I am sure you will agree again.

Others did. AFTER you brought up and defended your intelligence. I then said that tends to happen when you do.

You following me yet?

I follow you but what you say was not posted. Never did I bring intelligence into it the discussion, other then to proclaim how finite mine is. I brought up some of my life experiences but not in an intelligence context.

I did say some had their heads in the clouds and that your critical reading skills were flawed, or something to that effect. You later admitted gracefully after that one of my posts had been misread.

As for my stance on the Cowboys I will not stop casting a critical eye on areas of concern. I also don't feel the need to prove my team loyalty by seeing all moves Jerry or Wade make as divinely inspired acts of brilliance.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
This is Our Year;3511252 said:
Pre season footbal is like non-alcoholic beer.

Best analogy yet... :D

mmmm.. want some?

goetznearbeeralum1.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
hawklegion;3511259 said:
I follow you but what you say was not posted. Never did I bring intelligence into it the discussion, other then to proclaim how finite mine is. I brought up some of my life experiences but not in an intelligence context.

I did say some had their heads in the clouds and that your critical reading skills were flawed, or something to that effect. You later admitted gracefully after that one of my posts had been misread.

As for my stance on the Cowboys I will not stop casting a critical eye on areas of concern. I also don't feel the need to prove my team loyalty by seeing all moves Jerry or Wade make as divinely inspired acts of brilliance.
I never said you have to stop.

The finite comments about your intelligence (which I never saw) got trumped by the law school claim man. You got questioned about going to law school if you used improper grammar. Surely you can see the correlation as to how that got started.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Hostile;3511274 said:
I never said you have to stop.

The finite comments about your intelligence (which I never saw) got trumped by the law school claim man. You got questioned about going to law school if you used improper grammar. Surely you can see the correlation as to how that got started.
Come on Hos... It's clear the grammar ***** are picking on poor lil hawk because they hate America.

;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;3511250 said:
This thread is sadder than WG's love life.
Only sad to you, cuz you're not in it.. lol

My love life is quite nice, thank you very much.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3511278 said:

Give my best to the AA batteries. :D

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;3511278 said:

Thanks WG. I appreciate the compliment.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
hawklegion;3511259 said:
As for my stance on the Cowboys I will not stop casting a critical eye on areas of concern. I also don't feel the need to prove my team loyalty

:laugh2:

You, Awakened Fade, and Bach should form a "We are real fans because we constantly bash the team" club ....

Never mind .... that name is too long.