We are not very good, and I'm fading

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:
I'm sorry to say it, but I've got a bad feeling about this season. In year's past, the offense has looked great in the pre-season. This year has been a disgrace. Our defense is great and will help us win more games than we lose, but our offense is mediocre and will prevent us from making it any further than we went last year. The main person I put the blame on is Jason Garrett. After this season, he'll be gone. But then again, Wade'll probably be gone too if we perform as poorly as I anticipate. I'm thinking 9-7, maybe 10-6, and a very unhappy Jerry Jones.

I realize most of the pollyanna folks at Cowboys Zone will chide and heckle me for what I'm saying, but I am so tired of this big numbers, modest success offense. It has no heart, no gusto - no Troy or Emmitt or Michael or Big E or Big Larry. It's got sweetness and style, but puts fear in nobody.

Give me the old days when it was 3rd and 2 and everybody in the stadium knew Emmitt was getting the ball, but it didn't matter. Give me 3rd and 8 when everybody in America knew it was going to be slant to Michael, but it didn't matter.

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire 48 year old life. I stuck with the Cowboys when Jerry fired Tom Landry and many people jumped ship. But I am so tired of this team, year after year of no playoff success. I'm tired of celebrity athletes who haven't earned the right to be called one of the great Cowboys, but don't seem driven to keep getting better.

Maybe Dez Bryant and Sean Lee will breathe new fire into the team, but I don't really think so. Like the U.S. government, I believe the problem is systemic. Something is missing in the culture of the entire Dallas Cowboys organization. I'm not necessarily blaming Jerry, because I like owners who are passionate about winning. But I'm fading as a fan, and might soon fade away unless something signficant changes.

[youtube]nbZEkFLXh9Y[/youtube]

dback

Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:
I'm sorry to say it, but I've got a bad feeling about this season. In year's past, the offense has looked great in the pre-season. This year has been a disgrace. Our defense is great and will help us win more games than we lose, but our offense is mediocre and will prevent us from making it any further than we went last year. The main person I put the blame on is Jason Garrett. After this season, he'll be gone. But then again, Wade'll probably be gone too if we perform as poorly as I anticipate. I'm thinking 9-7, maybe 10-6, and a very unhappy Jerry Jones.

I realize most of the pollyanna folks at Cowboys Zone will chide and heckle me for what I'm saying, but I am so tired of this big numbers, modest success offense. It has no heart, no gusto - no Troy or Emmitt or Michael or Big E or Big Larry. It's got sweetness and style, but puts fear in nobody.

Give me the old days when it was 3rd and 2 and everybody in the stadium knew Emmitt was getting the ball, but it didn't matter. Give me 3rd and 8 when everybody in America knew it was going to be slant to Michael, but it didn't matter.

I've been a Cowboys fan my entire 48 year old life. I stuck with the Cowboys when Jerry fired Tom Landry and many people jumped ship. But I am so tired of this team, year after year of no playoff success. I'm tired of celebrity athletes who haven't earned the right to be called one of the great Cowboys, but don't seem driven to keep getting better.

Maybe Dez Bryant and Sean Lee will breathe new fire into the team, but I don't really think so. Like the U.S. government, I believe the problem is systemic. Something is missing in the culture of the entire Dallas Cowboys organization. I'm not necessarily blaming Jerry, because I like owners who are passionate about winning. But I'm fading as a fan, and might soon fade away unless something signficant changes.

http://i1017.***BLOCKED***/albums/af298/hanmya/funny%20gifs/10cm0s8jpg.gif

SacredStar

Reaction score
Muhast;3508237 said:
It....Is....Pre...Season.

Say that over and over in your head please. The lions went 4-0 in pre-season and then went 0-16.

http://a.*************/img92/2168/applauseko1.gif

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

All I got to say is, stop living in the 90's...

SDCowboy

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3508648 said:
All I got to say is, stop living in the 90's...
Seriously I'm so sick of these "fans" that can't get their heads out of the 90s or the 70s. Support the team we have now, or find another team that meets your needs.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3508655 said:
Seriously I'm so sick of these "fans" that can't get their heads out of the 90s or the 70s. Support the team we have now, or find another team that meets your needs.

If the 90's did not happen I'm guessing he would not be a fan right now. Ready to quit over preseason...LMAO :laugh1:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

arsenio_sg.gif

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are just crazy, seriously. Most teams that end up in the postseason are like 0-4 or 1-3 in the preseason because they barely play their starters and they don't show their hand at all.

Truthfully, the teams that do the best in preseason are usually the worst in the regular season, and the reason is that they actually use preseason games to try to improve blitz timing and stuff like that, whereas the good teams just keep it super vanilla and don't do that stuff until the regular season begins.

It's like Wade said the other day, the reason we stay vanilla in preseason on D is because you can actually see when a guy stands out, rather than having him get a sack or something because you schemed a play up to give him an advantage. I know our offense doesn't appear to be firing on all cylinders, but let's get to the regular season before we throw in the towel.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
wow...i bet hes sorry he started this thread...lol. Have a great day zoners.

Montreal Cowboy

Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

Love your team no matter what..or u r not a true fan. Believe and u will c. Its only pre-season, no need for panic....

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
How can a guy endure three straight 5-11 seasons, plus the mediocrity just before those seasons, then those four years of disappointment under Parcells, and bail as a fan after a pre-season game?

Something makes me think this guy hid his jersey during those years at the beginning of the 2000s. Something like, "I'm a Cowboys fan, but boy I like watching those Rams lately."

MegaMagick

Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

I think you need to stop watching football and see someone. BY someone i mean either a woman or a psychiatrist, no one should meltdown like this with 2 more preseason games left for the cowboys.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

Ok. Cool.

Just be sure that you don't comeback here and tell everyone how you're on the wagon, and have been all along, after the regular season starts and the offense is moving the ball, scoring points, and the Cowboys are winning games.

It's just better for all of us if you continue fading all the way through and simply not return to the band wagon.

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
dadymat;3508261 said:
these guys agree..........

http://i102.***BLOCKED***/albums/m109/dadymat/They_see_me_rollin.gif

BAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT.....

links18

Reaction score
Its not time to panic, but one doesn't have to base concern about this offense just on this preseason. Do you all remember the score in our last game last year? 34-6. We were also almost shut-out in several games last year and totally shut-out in the first half more than once: First Commanders' game, Green Bay game, Carolina game. Heck we ended the previous season on the receiving end of a 44-6 beat down. Its either feast or famine with this offense and that is concerning. Is it too much to ask for more consistent performances across games and within games? I can forgive a guy for looking at the first team offense's difficulties in the past 3 preseason games and see reminders of the down games last year. I can't understand him saying he will fade as a fan though. :confused:

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3508244 said:
If a 2-1 record in preseason and a 2 point win w/o 3 starters can get you off the bandwagon you were never on it to being with.

We upgraded at LT and safety and had an immediate-impact draft. Im sorry but this is a 13 year olds reaction you are having right now

:signmast:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Awakened;3508235 said:

Wow. :eek: Really? :eek: It's preseason.. Did you get the memo? It was on that TPS report management sent to everyone.

Fans that tow the lines make me wonder sometimes just how deeply they care for the beloved Boys. Win, lose, or draw... I'm goin 6 feet under rooting for the Boys. Oh, & about the polyanna comment.. Ask anyone on this board. I've historically been one of the staunchest critics of the status quo in recent years. No polyanna here... I do have a good feeling about this year and hope you find some way to catch a little bit of it.