We are not very good, and I'm fading

urface59

Reaction score
30yrheel;3509057 said:
last year i predicted 10-6, we finished 11-5. this year's looking more like 9-7 with the injuries, etc., so maybe we can get to 10-6 and a wildcard.
then flameout in the playoffs like wade always does.

Lol, all of our injured players will be back for week one except our 3rd string TE. This team is more talented than last years.

Edit: My bad, Kosier misses 2 regular season games against 2 awful teams.

J-DOG

Reaction score
Awakened;3509020 said:
Apparently I made a mistake by mixing my observations (We are not very good) with my emotional reaction (I'm fading). Almost everyone has responded to the emotional reaction with their own emotional reaction against my despicable disloyalty.

Not one reply regarding the culture of the Cowboys organization being a problem. Very little response about Jason Garrett's failure as an OC. The few who responded to my elaboration of the differences in the team of the 90's and the team of the last few years couldn't come up with a response more intelligent than that I should quit living in the past.

The fact is that our defense is potent and keeps OC's up at night. Our offense, on the other hand, earns remarks like "we knew what they were going to do before they did it." Our defense deserves better. The fans deserve better. What does it say about our offense that everyone is hanging their hopes on a kid who didn't play college football last year? Dez may be great. I hope so, but come on. Clinging to him is yet another indication of our desperation for a true star on our offense.

I'm a big fan of two players on our offense: Jason Witten, who is a TE, and Tashard Choice, who is our #3 RB. Nobody else on our offense inspires me. I'm sure you'll all disagree, but, again, consider this: why are people so excited about Dez Bryant? Why are we so desperate for a truly dynamic offensive player?

Another thing: How is it that the best teams in the NFL consistently acquire great offensive lineman, and we have had a mediocre OL FOREVER!?
I seem to remember the Dallas media and fans moaning like little brats about our offense when we had Troy,Michael and Emmitt on offense. It got to the point that Aikman did a head-over-heels dive in the endzone of the Houston astrodome during a preseason game to score a flippin td. Don't eat the media cheese dude. The local Dallas media are worry mongers who look for every little thing to worry about.
I agree with your thought about offensive lineman...but I think we have done better than average on linebackers,defensive lineman,wr's,rb's and cornerbacks. Let's see how Brewster,Young and Costa are before you discount the entire group.
Geez what does Miles Austin have to do to inspire you???
Am I worried about our running game??? Absolutely but I am not a bandwagon fan who is jumping ship. You are either with us or against us-that's my mentality. There is no middle ground in my opinion.

Section446

Reaction score
30yrheel;3509057 said:
last year i predicted 10-6, we finished 11-5. this year's looking more like 9-7 with the injuries, etc., so maybe we can get to 10-6 and a wildcard.
I too thought we were a 10-6 team last year. As a season ticket holder and someone who will be attending the Super Bowl, nothing would make me happier to see this become a Super Bowl team. However, I think that we've taken a step back in some key areas and also failed to upgrade (mostly depth related) pivotal positions, we're also dealing with a far more challenging schedule this year.

urface59

Reaction score
30yrheel;3509057 said:

Also, do you seriously think based on the off-season that an NFCE team has surpassed us? :lmao:

30yrheel

Reaction score
urface59;3509066 said:
Also, do you seriously think based on the off-season that an NFCE team has surpassed us? :lmao:

factor in a tougher schedule this year, and keep laughing.....:lmao:

Section446

Reaction score
30yrheel;3509070 said:
factor in a tougher schedule this year, and keep laughing.....:lmao:
Common sense doesn't appear to be something the kid practices.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
hawklegion;3509046 said:
I was wrong, the team is amazing, the O-line will be an all world performer.....

Not sure how you guys keep your head so far up in the clouds for such an extended period of time, especially with so much empirical data to the contrary, but whatever works for ya !
You were wrong on the team last year.

Section446

Reaction score
windward;3509080 said:
Would you happen to have a link to a thread so I can read what he was saying this time last year? Thanks...

Section446

Reaction score
30yrheel;3509094 said:
what's your prediction kid?
Something in the neighborhood of:

13-3 season...

34-21 win over the Colts in the Super Bowl.

urface59

Reaction score
30yrheel;3509094 said:
what's your prediction kid?

Difficult schedule so 11-5 or 12-4. Believe it or not we have one of the best rosters in the league right now.

Section446

Reaction score
urface59;3509099 said:
Difficult schedule so 11-5 or 12-4. Believe it or not we have one of the best rosters in the league right now.
Believe it or not, we had an even better roster going into 2008. Just because you have talent, doesn't mean that you will succeed.

30yrheel

Reaction score
urface59;3509099 said:

i'll be happy with 11-5 and winning the nfc east. then hopefully better results in the playoffs.

urface59

Reaction score
Section444;3509102 said:
Believe it or not, we had an even better roster going into 2008. Just because you have talent, doesn't mean that you will succeed.

The 2008 roster was not better than this years.

Section446

Reaction score
urface59;3509107 said:
The 2008 roster was not better than this years.
It absolutely was, it was also a lot younger along the OL, which is going to be our downfall this season.

urface59

Reaction score
Section444;3509110 said:
It absolutely was, it was also a lot younger along the OL, which is going to be our downfall this season.

Yipee we had a younger Oline! Of course we had Proctor starting most the season so...

hawklegion

Reaction score
windward;3509080 said:

I would like to see how I was wrong too.

I will say 9-7 this year. Our O-line is a year older and not any better. Our schedule is tougher, Jerry is our GM and Wade is our HC.